Author Topic: The Real Way to Protect Marriage  (Read 16436 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: The Real Way to Protect Marriage
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:19 PM »
No.  There are many married women who are no longer virgins.  Why would I stone them?  Wanna take this to the religion board?

not really because: 1. I don't have the time for semantic gymnastics and 2.  I just don't care

Here's the section (which I'm sure you've already seen before and probably have a great reason why it's not to be taken literally)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »
not really because: 1. I don't have the time for semantic gymnastics and 2.  I just don't care

If you don't have the time to discuss religion on the religion board and if you don't care about my response to your post, then why do you keep discussing religion with me on the politics board and why do you keep posting religious question for me on the politics board?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
If you don't have the time to discuss religion on the religion board and if you don't care about my response to your post, then why do you keep discussing religion with me on the politics board and why do you keep posting religious question for me on the politics board?

I'm trying not to.

This thread was meant to show the absurdity of the charge that gay marriage was a threat to heterosexual marriage.

I do recommend that you start a movement to ban divorce among Christians. 
No one has really taken that on and you could be the first.  Maybe you can even be like Falwell, Robertson, Dobson, etc.... and find a way to turn it into a business. 

BTW - I would like to hear your opinion on Dobson's belief that he can treat and prevent gayness in young boys by flashing his junk at them in the shower.   

Do you think that's a good idea? 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »
I'm trying not to.

This thread was meant to show the absurdity of the charge that gay marriage was a threat to heterosexual marriage.

I do recommend that you start a movement to ban divorce among Christians. 
No one has really taken that on and you could be the first.  Maybe you can even be like Falwell, Robertson, Dobson, etc.... and find a way to turn it into a business. 

Things are different in Venezuela as far as divorce goes, and I'm not an American that I should do what you suggest in the US.  Venezuela is 99% Roman Catholic and divorce is not as accepted and as common as it is in other countries.  Legally, it is also much harder, costly and difficult to get divorced in Venezuela.  My family, on both my dad's and my mom's side is practically divorce free.

Why would I want to turn it into a business?

BTW - I would like to hear your opinion on Dobson's belief that he can treat and prevent gayness in young boys by flashing his junk at them in the shower.   

Do you think that's a good idea? 

If it means that much to you, I'll read up on this Dobson guy when I get a chance and I'll give you my opinion.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2008, 01:59:03 PM »
Things are different in Venezuela as far as divorce goes, and I'm not an American that I should do what you suggest in the US.  Venezuela is 99% Roman Catholic and divorce is not as accepted and as common as it is in other countries.  Legally, it is also much harder, costly and difficult to get divorced in Venezuela.  My family, on both my dad's and my mom's side is practically divorce free.

Why would I want to turn it into a business?

If it means that much to you, I'll read up on this Dobson guy when I get a chance and I'll give you my opinion.

Once again - I was joking about the business thing.

Here's the link to Dobson advise on prevention and "treating" gayness in children. 
I have a LOT of questions but as of yet I can't get any of the other religious people on this board to pitch in and help me understand it.  Personally, I found this advice to be truly creepy and disturbing but I'm open to listening to other points of view

LINK:  http://www2.focusonthefamily.com/docstudy/newsletters/A000000264.cfm

"Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard.   He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger."

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2008, 03:23:19 PM »
Venezuela is 99% Roman Catholic and divorce is not as accepted and as common as it is in other countries.  Legally, it is also much harder, costly and difficult to get divorced in Venezuela.  My family, on both my dad's and my mom's side is practically divorce free.

Same here, divorce is expensive and hard to obtain, there is a 5 year waiting period after filing - unless the spouse is totally abusive or something. I am not actually aware of anyone in my family is who is divorced, perhaps a distant cousin I don't know is maybe. People always say divorce is so common, but it defintely depends on the culture one is from.

People like Dobson should throw less stones, do less perv/pedo flashing and work at more positive re-inforcment of actual 'family values' IMO.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »
Awesome! ;D
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2008, 01:22:15 AM »

I'm not sure either, but he thinks you are mentally ill.  :)

I never debate religion and I've never post on the religion board (I've only looked at it once or twice) 

In my opinion it's pointless to debate with someone who holds a position without evidence or in contrary to evidence.

Besides, my personal belief is anyone who holds a fundamentalist belief in any religion is mentally ill (for real) which again makes for a pointless discussion

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2008, 07:05:31 AM »

Beach Bigot - here's the difference between you and me.   Loco asked why I keep discussing religion and I actually responded to his question rather than avoiding it.  I pointed out that this thread was NOT about religion but rather about the absurdity of religious kooks who think that gay marriage is somehow a threat to heterosexual marriage.  I did find it humorous that Loco took my joke as a serious suggestion .....even after I told him it was a joke.

And thank you for finding that quote of mine.   I will re-affirm that quote and say that I think many people from many different religions take their beliefs to such extremes that they qualify in my book as mentally ill.   A perfect example would be that Super Christian Fred Phelps.  Would you not agree that he's not quite right in the head?   In your case I think you're just a plain old American Dumb Fuck or maybe just someone who chooses to remain willfully ignorant in order to justify your many prejudices. 

I'm still waiting for you to man up and defend your hero Dobson and, even better (by far) admit that his advice for degaying your kid is just stupid and creepy .

Your silence on the subject makes me think that you agree with that nutbag and if that's the case they you are probably mentally ill. 

He's wrong.  Dobson is right.   :)

Bum - Here's more Right Stuff from Dobson

Right??

"Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard.   He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger."

LINK:  http://www2.focusonthefamily.com/docstudy/newsletters/A000000264.cfm

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »

Quote from: Straw Man on April 22, 2007, 10:24:00 AM
I never debate religion and I've never post on the religion board (I've only looked at it once or twice) 

In my opinion it's pointless to debate with someone who holds a position without evidence or in contrary to evidence.

Besides, my personal belief is anyone who holds a fundamentalist belief in any religion is mentally ill (for real) which again makes for a pointless discussion

Wow, Straw Man, you have come a long way since then.  You never debate religion?  You never post on the religion board?  You are all over the religion board now, and you even bring your religious discussions now into the politics board.  That's cool.  What made you change? 

Do you still think that I am "mentally ill (for real)", or has your opinion on this changed too?  If you still think so, that's cool.  I am "loco" after all.  But I just wonder why you continue to ask mentally ill me religious questions on here and why you seek the opinion of a mentally ill person.  That's insane, isn't it?

By they way, once again, I did not agree with your "joke" of an idea, "A constitutional amendment outlawing DIVORCE".  What I did agree with you on is, as I said, that those Christians who put so much time and energy into opposing same sex marriage, should put just as much, if not more time and energy into getting divorce banned within their churches.  Or they should at least show more opposition to Christian ministers marrying couples who have been divorced, since Biblically that is a sin.

I still have not read up on this Dobson guy, but you keep posting the same Dobson quote over and over again.  Do I have to read a whole lot about him or is this the only thing he said that bothers you?  If so, I'll go ahead and tell you that my father never did nor did he want to show me or show any of my brothers his genitals and we are glad that he didn't, and all my brothers and I turned out heterosexual anyway.  I do not have kids, but if I ever do have kids, I do not plan on showing them my genitals either. 

I am not a doctor and I have really not paid much attention to this, but I do not know if a person's desire for the same gender can be cured.  Maybe it can for some people if that's what they really want.  I mean, if a man can gradually go from being attracted to women to being attracted to men, I suppose it is possible for a man to gradually go from being attracted to men to being attracted to women. 

Going by the Bible, attraction to the same gender in itself is not a sin, but the act of having sex with the same gender is a sin.  So a heterosexual man who has sex with another man commits the sin of homosexuality even though he himself is heterosexual.  On the other hand, a man who is attracted to men yet never has sex with another man has not committed the sin of homosexuality even though he is attracted to men.  Likewise, I am attracted to women, but I am not an adulterer or a fornicator until I actually have sex with a woman who is not my wife.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »

Wow, Straw Man, you have come a long way since then.  You never debate religion? You never post on the religion board?  You are all over the religion board now, and you even bring your religious discussions now into the politics board.  That's cool.  What made you change?  Do you still think that I am "mentally ill (for real)", or has your opinion on this changed too?  If you still think so, that's cool.  I am "loco" after all.  But I just wonder why you continue to ask mentally ill me religious questions on here and why you seek the opinion of a mentally ill person.  Isn't that insane, isn't it?

By they way, once again, I did not agree with your "joke" of an idea, "A constitutional amendment outlawing DIVORCE".  What I did agree with you on is, as I said, that those Christians who put so much time and energy into opposing same sex marriage, should put just as much, if not more time and energy into getting divorce banned within their churches.  Or they should at least show more opposition to Christian ministers marrying couples who have been divorced, since Biblically that is a sin.

I still have not read up on this Dobson guy, but you keep posting the same Dobson quote over and over again.  Do I have to read a whole lot about him or is this the only thing he said that bothers you?  If so, I'll go ahead and tell you that my father never did nor did he want to show me or show any of my brothers his genitals and we are glad that he didn't, and all my brothers and I turned out heterosexual anyway.  I do not have kids, but if I ever do have kids, I do not plan on showing them my genitals either. 

I am not a doctor and I have really not paid much attention to this, but I do not know if a person's desire for the same gender can be cured.  Maybe it can for some people if that's what they really want.  I mean, if a man can gradually go from being attracted to women to being attracted to men, I suppose it is possible for a man to gradually go from being attracted to men to being attracted to women. 

Going by the Bible, attraction to the same gender in itself is not a sin, but the act of having sex with the same gender is a sin.  So a heterosexual man who has sex with another man commits the sin of homosexuality even though he himself is heterosexual.  On the other hand, a man who is attracted to men yet never has sex with another man has not committed the sin of homosexuality even though he is attracted to men.  Likewise, I am attracted to women, but I am not an adulterer or a fornicator until I actually have sex with a woman who is not my wife.

Loco - I'm hardly "all over" the religion board.  I'll post there occassionally but I don't think you'll see me in any long drawn out debates.

I dont' think marriage is a religious issue.

I also never said you specifcally were mentally ill

I'm posting the Dobson quote for Beach Bigot not for you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »
I started this thread on the politics board because I was attempting to make an ironic statement about the real danger to marriage....in contrast to the fake danger of gay weddings.

As usual - many religious types don't get irony and assumed my suggestion was serious.

Says the person who admits irony is lost on him (or her). 

sorry, sometimes I have a hard time picking up on irony in written form (seriously), and especially late at night.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2008, 09:00:28 AM »
Loco - I'm hardly "all over" the religion board.  I'll post there occassionally but I don't think you'll see me in any long drawn out debates.

Once again, contradicting himself (or herself) in the same thread. 

Loco,

What are you thoughts on Dobson's advice on how to treat and prevent gayness in young boys.   Do you think it makes sense? 

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=221415.0

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »
Here is a thread from over a year ago where Straw "Man" obsessed over penis talk.  I am starting to think he is obsessed.  Or a homosexual.  Not that it matters.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133050.0

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »
Once again, contradicting himself (or herself) in the same thread. 

the question was orginally for you - something you know quite well.

hard to notice that you still AVOID the question.

I guess we can assume that you're in full agreement with Dobson that exposing yourself to a your son for the sole purpose of having him see your junk will both prevent and treat gayness.

How often do you apply this prescription in your own life???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2008, 09:11:33 AM »
Here is a thread from over a year ago where Straw "Man" obsessed over penis talk.  I am starting to think he is obsessed.  Or a homosexual.  Not that it matters.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133050.0

The only person here is obsessed with cock is Dobson and I guess you since you're unwilling to admit that his advice is sick.   One can only assume you agree with him.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »

Hey Bum - this was a good find.

I especially like your post where you deny the very subject of Dobsons article which is called:  "Can Homosexuality Be Prevented and Treated".

I'm seriously wondering if you are a moron or, as a I said before willfully ignorant

Okay.  I read it.  He doesn't say showing your son your penis will prevent homosexuality.

Great read though. 

even stranger is  your very next post where you agree with Dobson's advise on "Prevention and Treatment"
This time? I read the link with Dr. Dobson's discussion of homosexuality and his analysis makes sense to me.  I'm a big fan of his. 
Let's review - I think Dobson is a sick fuck and probably a closet pederast.   You think his analysis on the "prevention and treatment" of homosexuality makes sense and you're a big fan

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »
lol . . .  Perhaps you should get a picture of a giant penis and hang it in your cubicle?  lol.   :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »

Believe me, Loco is mentally ill.
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »
lol . . .  Perhaps you should get a picture of a giant penis and hang it in your cubicle?  lol.   :)

perhaps Dobson sells - maybe you can check for me.

I'll bet Baby Bum really hates shower time with Dad but I'm sure you explain to him that it's only to help him not be gay

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »

Have a great day, Deicide!   ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2008, 09:57:28 AM »

How about Bum - do you think he's mentally ill or willfully ignorant bigot?

I'm still not sure

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
Have a great day, Deicide!   ;D

They would call you "lolo" in Hawaii.   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »
How about Bum - do you think he's mentally ill or willfully ignorant bigot?

I'm still not sure

You are asking your fellow skeptic Deicide, who by his own admission is an "anti-Korean bigot".   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »
They would call you "lolo" in Hawaii.   :)

"lolo"?  Does that mean crazy?   :)