Author Topic: The Great Bush Supporter Test.  (Read 1655 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
The Great Bush Supporter Test.
« on: June 18, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »
http://www.xanga.com/redstaramerica/93365397/item.html

The Great Bush Supporter Test.
We're just looking to see if you actually believe the things you say. It's only thirteen questions: take a few minutes off from looting a pension fund, attacking John McCain's courage or John Kerry's patriotism, or making excuses for torture and see how you do…

1.  In the 1840s – 1850s Britain would have been fully within its rights (in fact it would have been preferable for Britain) to invade the United States to stop slavery and halt the US invasion (and seizure of one third) of Mexico.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. James K. Polk should have been hunted down and tried as a criminal.

No – Bush is wrong. This is not the proper way to deal with sovereign nations.

2.  In the 1950s the Soviet Union had every right to invade the United States to halt abuse of racial, ethnic, and political minorities, and to stop the vast ecological destruction being wrought throughout North America by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. Dwight Eisenhower was a dangerous criminal who was actively exporting instability throughout the Americas and should have been hunted down until the morally superior Soviet forces found him in his spider hole.

No – Bush is wrong. It was the responsibility of Americans to solve these problems.

3.  During the 1940s the German government was absolutely right to ignore Geneva Convention rights when French or Dutch saboteurs were involved. After all, these Franc-tirreurs were terrorists and often communists who refused to wear uniforms or otherwise follow the rules of war.

Yes – I agree with President Bush, the Gestapo might have let things get out of hand at times, but the idea was correct.

No – Bush is wrong. Moral humans don't do these things.

4.  In the 1870s it would have been a good thing for The German Empire to invade the United States to stop the slaughter of Native Americans and to put a halt to the Americans' constant interference with German interests in the Pacific.

Yes – I agree with President Bush, if only the Kaiser had taken the initiative the world would have been better off.

No – Bush is wrong. The Germans had no right to consider themselves morally superior or their way of life more important than our way of life.

5.  In 1941 Japan was right to "make the choice for war" by attacking the United States. Clearly Japan had a right to protect its economic and political interests in East Asia and the Pacific, and the US occupation of islands like the Hawaiian chain, Guam, Midway, the Philippines, along with the oil embargo, was a direct threat to the Japanese way of life.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. What an idiot his father was for volunteering to fight those rational Japanese.

No – Bush is wrong. "Wars of Choice" are simply aggression.

6.  Free market capitalism is always morally superior. The way we get ahead in this country is simply through hard work. Everybody has an equal chance and if you fail, it is your own fault.

Yes – I agree with President Bush, there should be no inherited wealth or position in this country. What K-12 school you attend should be based on a national lottery and all children should have absolutely equal access to health care and other supports.

No – Bush is wrong. Israelis on kibbutzim and Swedes are not morally inferior. Unless everyone has a truly equal chance, affirmative action and social safety nets are essential.

7.  The "death tax" is a terrible thing. It is essential to the idea of family that we take care of the next generation.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. This isn't a meritocracy where the best and the brightest rise to the top, after all. That sounds mighty "Marxist." For thousands of years humans lived by primogeniture and we had leaders like G. W. Bush and Louis XVI. Democracy sounds fine but not if we’re discussing economics (or Florida).

No – Bush is wrong. The only way to prove the essential value and fairness of the American system is to start to level the playing field at birth, that involves inheritance taxes and social support programs (including solid funding for education throughout the nation).

8.  The kind of laws the Nazi-dominated Reichstag passed in the wake of the Reichstag Fire were appropriate. Germany was in trouble with major threats both internal and external. Making a democracy significantly less democratic is the best thing to do when the pressure is on.

Yes – I agree with President Bush, nationalism is always more important than rights and democracy. It's also good to hide anti-democratic legislation under terms like "The Patriot Act," because it confuses an evil opposition.

No – Bush is wrong. If you sacrifice rights and democracy, what is left to fight for?

9.  Though a 12-year-old who commits a crime must be held fully accountable for his or her actions, the same simply can't be applied to a corporate CEO like Ken Lay, a Defense Secretary like Donald Rumsfeld, or a President. After all, things just happen, right? Guys like this can't possibly be held responsible for things they say or the things they let others do.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. Accountability is only for the poor or African-Americans, or maybe for Democrats who lie about sex. Look at our President himself… he's never been held accountable for any of his violations of the law, or even his thefts from Federally-insured Savings and Loans.

No – Bush is wrong. It's about time people who steal millions and billions are held to the same standards as those who steal milk, and that those who lie about public policy issues are held to at least the same standards as those who lie about their extra-marital affairs.

10. Of course the government must stop marriages disapproved of by some religions. Civil marriage is a religious rite. In all 50 states a Catholic can neither divorce nor re-marry. In all 50 states adulterers are stoned, just as the Bible says. In all 50 states any religious document signed or used in a wedding ceremony is a valid pre-nuptial contract in a divorce.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. Ronald Reagan was a criminal because he was divorced and committed adultery and should never have been president. Divorced Bob Dole should be in jail with half the Senate. Dick Cheney's daughter must be jailed for violations of Leviticus.

No – Bush is wrong. Religious freedom is religious freedom. Marriage is civil contract law in all 50 states. Either all adults are equal under the law or we live in the wrong country.

11. The US is a safer place because people around the world hate us. Who cares about them? It's not like we need anything from them we can't just use our military to go and take.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. Hatred and mistrust for the US worldwide is definitely going to make us safer.

No – Bush is wrong. In today's world we must learn to live with our neighbors and tolerate differences. If the world was a democracy, after all, and could vote on which race got "racial privileges," white people would come in third. That's a fact we're going to have to live with.

12. "Big government" is always bad. We know we're worse off for having railroads, public schools and colleges, airports, public hospitals, medical research, the highway system, the polio vaccine, computers, the internet, Velcro, fire departments, police, snow plowing, the National Weather Service, the TVA, rural electrification, bank insurance, federal parks, wildernesses, and national forests. There is no doubt that when it comes to government, less is always best.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. My family can afford to do all these things by themselves. If your family can't, tough shit.

No – Bush is wrong. Government spending is simply the joining of resources to accomplish things we couldn't do on our own. It is the way societies get together and move forward.

13. Suckers who join the military in times of war, whether out of patriotism or because they need this as a way to pay for college, get what they deserve. You won't find "smart guys" like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Dennis Hastert, Bill Frist, or Tom DeLay being so stupid. Every one of them dodged a war they both supported and were eligible for. People like Kerry and McCain have proved their stupidity by going to war when they didn't have to. Republican voters (middle and upper class white folks) won’t let their kids fall into this trap, so they can see war as cost-free and pain-free.

Yes – I agree with President Bush. I'm not stupid enough to get sucked into military service, so I believe we should risk the lives of those who do without ever thinking about it.

No – Bush is wrong. If there is not enough support for a war to merit shared sacrifice, we shouldn't be fighting it. If it's not worth your kid's life, it’s not worth doing.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: The Great Bush Supporter Test.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:48:03 AM »
Suckers who join the military in times of war, whether out of patriotism or because they need this as a way to pay for college, get what they deserve. You won't find "smart guys" like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Dennis Hastert, Bill Frist, or Tom DeLay being so stupid. Every one of them dodged a war they both supported and were eligible for. People like Kerry and McCain have proved their stupidity by going to war when they didn't have to. Republican voters (middle and upper class white folks) won’t let their kids fall into this trap, so they can see war as cost-free and pain-free.

This is exactly what I'm talking about on this board. Most of u guys post this shit all the time. Bush did what he did to protect or national interests....oil. U can blame everything else on him. I have'nt got a dime for college. I think this shit is fun. I enjoy it...I get to serve this country and that allows u douchbags to post crap like this. I think u idiots should be ashamed of urselves.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:50:03 AM »
Interesting I saw Bush at least knew the US was composed of 50 states, not 57.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »
Yes and he also knows that no American troops set foot in Poland..or that he should not belong to a church thats is racist or have ties to terrorists or have a commie mentor or push headscarve wearing muslims off his stage or be completely full of shit....or threaten to invade Pakistan..or  say we're ppulling out of Iraq in 6 months....or not pulling out...or any of the other crap.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:01:51 AM »
Suckers who join the military in times of war, whether out of patriotism or because they need this as a way to pay for college, get what they deserve. You won't find "smart guys" like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Dennis Hastert, Bill Frist, or Tom DeLay being so stupid. Every one of them dodged a war they both supported and were eligible for. People like Kerry and McCain have proved their stupidity by going to war when they didn't have to. Republican voters (middle and upper class white folks) won’t let their kids fall into this trap, so they can see war as cost-free and pain-free.

This is exactly what I'm talking about on this board. Most of u guys post this shit all the time. Bush did what he did to protect or national interests....oil. U can blame everything else on him. I have'nt got a dime for college. I think this shit is fun. I enjoy it...I get to serve this country and that allows u douchbags to post crap like this. I think u idiots should be ashamed of urselves.
We get 4% of our oil from Iraq.

So that can't be the reason for attacking Iraq.  The cost/benefit analysis is just too out of whack.

There has to be another reason.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »
Well big oil is going back in....it was alos to detere Iran...
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »

it's done well to stop their nuclear program.  And we must have known this in 2003. 

Wasn't it supposed to be democracy?

::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »
It still doesn't add up.  I mean Iran is no real threat to the US.  The US military would annihilate Iran if it so much as tossed a stone our way.  Israel could obliterate Iran on any given day.

There's something else going on here.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 09:26:50 AM »
It still doesn't add up.  I mean Iran is no real threat to the US.  The US military would annihilate Iran if it so much as tossed a stone our way.  Israel could obliterate Iran on any given day.

Bush was serving Texas style justice for Saddam trying to kill his Daddy?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:36:46 AM »

HH - Are you seriously applauding the actions of a bunch of chicken hawks.

I assume that was some kind of joke on your part.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:37:32 AM »
Bush was serving Texas style justice for Saddam trying to kill his Daddy?
I think there is no single answer: oil, natural resources, new markets for expanding business, bases to commandeer the area...

I think the justifications for the US's use of force as 'self defense' and 'liberation' are plain delusional.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »
I think there is no single answer: oil, natural resources, new markets for expanding business, bases to commandeer the area...

I think the justifications for the US's use of force as 'self defense' and 'liberation' are plain delusional.

I think it was an intentional lie

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
I think it was an intentional lie
I stand corrected.  Thanks. 

That's the kind of wiggle room that someone could exhaust a thread exploiting.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »

Delusional?

Borderline criminal.

Oh wait someone already wrote a book about that!

Some dude with no credentials.  ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »
Delusional?

Borderline criminal.

Oh wait someone already wrote a book about that!

Some dude with no credentials.  ::)
I'm still waiting for Beach Bum's response on that one.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 05:09:52 PM »
I'm still waiting for Beach Bum's response on that one.

I'll save you the trouble. It will more than likely be along the lines of  " ::)" ...maybe even a couple of them.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 12:11:57 AM »

Iran has a bunch of oil too.