Author Topic: Ahmadinejad says West failed in Iran nuclear crisis  (Read 1877 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Ahmadinejad says West failed in Iran nuclear crisis
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:04:46 PM »
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday the West has failed to break Iran's will in the nuclear standoff, days after world powers presented Tehran with a new offer aimed at ending the crisis.
"In the nuclear issue, the bullying powers have used up all their capabilities but could not break the will of the Iranian nation," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state television.

World powers -- Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the United States -- on Saturday offered Tehran a new package of technological and economic incentives in exchange for suspending uranium enrichment activities.

The West fears the process might be used to make an atomic bomb although Iran insists it only wants to generate nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

Ahmadinejad's comments were his first statement on the nuclear crisis since the offer was presented but it was not clear if they represented a reaction to the proposal.

The Iranian government spokesman has already said Tehran will reject any offer demanding it suspends uranium enrichment.

The UN nuclear watchdog has been investigating Iran's nuclear drive for over five years but has never been able to conclude whether the programme is peaceful.

Iran has said it is examining the package but has so far showed no indication that it will change its defiant course in its nuclear drive.

Iran's ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency Ali Asghar Soltanieh ruled out on Wednesday that the country could freeze enrichment, saying: "Iran will never submit to such an illegal act."
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080619105417.ysx0pu2g&show_article=1

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Ahmadinejad says West failed in Iran nuclear crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:51 AM »
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday the West has failed to break Iran's will in the nuclear standoff, days after world powers presented Tehran with a new offer aimed at ending the crisis.
"In the nuclear issue, the bullying powers have used up all their capabilities but could not break the will of the Iranian nation," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state television.

World powers -- Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the United States -- on Saturday offered Tehran a new package of technological and economic incentives in exchange for suspending uranium enrichment activities.

The West fears the process might be used to make an atomic bomb although Iran insists it only wants to generate nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

Ahmadinejad's comments were his first statement on the nuclear crisis since the offer was presented but it was not clear if they represented a reaction to the proposal.

The Iranian government spokesman has already said Tehran will reject any offer demanding it suspends uranium enrichment.

The UN nuclear watchdog has been investigating Iran's nuclear drive for over five years but has never been able to conclude whether the programme is peaceful.

Iran has said it is examining the package but has so far showed no indication that it will change its defiant course in its nuclear drive.

Iran's ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency Ali Asghar Soltanieh ruled out on Wednesday that the country could freeze enrichment, saying: "Iran will never submit to such an illegal act."

Has the above highlighted statement been checked for accuracy ...both in context and connotation?
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 06:55:05 AM »
Once again siding with the enemy...maybe u should just move over there Jag
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »
Has the above highlighted statement been checked for accuracy ...both in context and connotation?

This is why. Iran refuses to show the parts of their program that would let the inspectors determine whether they are or were trying to build a bomb or not? Why would they hide that you ask? Because they're probably trying to build a bomb.

UN watchdog accuses Iran of refusing to reveal nuclear aims

"Iran continues to withhold information needed to establish whether the country has attempted to build nuclear weapons, an allegation that remains a matter of "serious concern" the UN's nuclear watchdog reported last night.

In a sternly-phrased report, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said that Iran had failed to provide the documentation and other evidence required to examine apparent anomalies in its nuclear activities that raise questions about a possible covert military programme.

The report also said that Iran had not complied with UN Security Council demands for it to suspend the enrichment of uranium, but had instead expanded its enrichment efforts adding an extra 500 centrifuge machines to the 3000 it has installed already and applying improved technology.

The tone of the report increases pressure on the Iranian government ahead of a scheduled visit to Tehran by the designated negotiator for the international community on Iran's nuclear programme, Javier Solana.

"I hope that I will be going to Tehran soon. I cannot give you the date, but I hope that it will be within the month," Solana told reporters after a meeting of EU foreign ministers.

Solana, who is also the EU's foreign policy chief, is due to be accompanied by senior officials from Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany, who will present a revised package of incentives intended to persuade Tehran to suspend enrichment.

Iran insists it has the right to conduct every component of its nuclear programme. Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Iran's ambassador to the IAEA claimed yesterday that the report vindicated Tehran's position.

"Once more it has been explicitly underlined that there has been absolutely no evidence regarding the diversion of Iran's nuclear activities or materials toward military purposes."

The new report could lead to new discussions on sanctions in the Security Council, but there is resistance to further punitive measures from Russia and China, and scepticism over whether they are effective. It will also renew speculation on whether the Bush White House would consider taking military action aimed at slowing down Iran's nuclear programme, before George Bush's term expires next January.

The IAEA director general Mohamed ElBaradei agreed an action plan with the Iranian government last year, by which Iran would answer a string of questions the agency inspectors had failed to resolve. However, the new report makes clear many of those issues remain outstanding.

Those issues include a document found in Iran on how to manufacture uranium metal hemispheres of the kind used in nuclear warheads, as well as evidence that Iran may have looked into high explosives of the sort used in 'implosion'-type nuclear bombs, and explored modifications to missiles consistent with making them capable of delivering a nuclear weapon.

"The agency is of the view that Iran may have additional information, in particular on high explosives testing and missile-related activities, which could shed more light on the nature of these alleged studies and which Iran should share with the agency," the report said.

Iran's research into "high explosives testing and the missile re-entry vehicle project remained a matter of serious concern", the report said.

"Substantive explanations are required from Iran to support its statements on the alleged studies and on other information with a possible military dimension," it said.

The IAEA report said it asked for access to sites allegedly linked to the manufacture of uranium centrifuges, research and development of uranium enrichment, and uranium mining and milling.

"To date, Iran has not agreed to the agency's request," the report noted."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/27/iran.unitednations

You should do a little reading before you try to act like you know what you're talking about.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 07:05:34 AM »
Ahmadinejad is quoted as saying he wants Israel wiped off the map.  Ahmadinejad won't stop urnaium enrichment.  Ahmadinejad won't share with the world what's necessary to prove he's not developing weapons.

These are facts, not someone's opinion.  Seems like simple math to me.
Y

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 07:22:46 AM »
Ahmadinejad is quoted as saying he wants Israel wiped off the map.  Ahmadinejad won't stop urnaium enrichment.  Ahmadinejad won't share with the world what's necessary to prove he's not developing weapons.

be careful with facts on here, as many of the liberals don't like them.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »

Right.

Problem is he's said much worse things, about Americans as well.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 08:46:18 AM »
I wonder how much he'll think he's won when he has Israeli bunkerbusters smoking his ass.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 08:57:50 AM »

He's doing what many politicians do--claiming victory regardless of the factual circumstance.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
I agree but he's pushing the wrong guys...u can do that to us because we don't care, we understand what he can and can't do and he's not our neighbor. Israel is sitting there and feels really threatened and they have a long history of preemption. They just did their big demonstration for this guy and he's still talking.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »
He's doing what many politicians do--claiming victory regardless of the factual circumstance.

Yeah,  and many are falling for it hook line and sinker

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
So Iran is not a threat..based on what? What have u seen, what insight to Irans nuclear program or what they're doing in Iraq, do u see Iran as not a threat. I would imagine its what u read in the popular media.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »
So Iran is not a threat..based on what? What have u seen, what insight to Irans nuclear program or what they're doing in Iraq, do u see Iran as not a threat. I would imagine its what u read in the popular media.
Every country is a threat of some sort to the US, at least in theory.  However, any country on the planet that would attack the US would be utterly destroyed.  They know this and so do we.

That's the way it is.

Ahmadinejad is mouthing off b/c he can.  He knows the score though.  And the US has a thick enough skin to let the little man ramble on.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
We do and I agree again...hell is freezing over...but we're not mentioning the one guy who can't take that chance. They wear funny hats and have nukes as well..and a few years back 6 million of em got roasted.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
We do and I agree again...hell is freezing over...but we're not mentioning the one guy who can't take that chance. They wear funny hats and have nukes as well..and a few years back 6 million of em got roasted.
I do agree with you HH.

Remember though, Israel will never do a single thing that the US doesn't want it to do. 

I have to laugh when I hear people speak about Israel's undue influence on the US.  It's always been the other way around. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »
3 for 3...and I think we would be better off attacking if it came to that and here's why.

The rest of the Middle East does not want a nuclear Iran.
They can stomach and secretly root for and even militarily support (Jordan, airspace clearance etc) a US strike.
They will have a hard time selling silence on an Israeli strike, to their populaces.
Israel will launch a very limited strike on their nuke facilities, while I think we'd also go after their navy, communications, logistics and even HQ's of Quds forces and Intel HQ's.
Iran will respond the same way as if we attacked. Destablize southern Iraq, cut the Straights etc but we will have to respond and be facing aready anti-aircraft threat, a dispersed converntional military/Navy.

Its either nobody goes or we go. I don't like a unilateral strike. I will say this...u don't need over 100 aircraft to take out one facility so maybe they will do the grand tour of Iran.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 10:48:31 AM »
cut the Straights etc

scary right there... the thought of the USA having an oil shortage.  that's what i fear.  cook iran, I don't care.  But stopping flow of oil out of there... holy shit...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »
Its worse for China..oil would spike but we'd be ok short term. There is alot to this. They have subs and could do something interesting before we smoke em. I would not want to hear the reaction of the Dems or American people at large if one of our Carriers was seen smoking on TV or worse yet sent the bottom.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 10:53:34 AM »
3 for 3...and I think we would be better off attacking if it came to that and here's why.

The rest of the Middle East does not want a nuclear Iran.
They can stomach and secretly root for and even militarily support (Jordan, airspace clearance etc) a US strike.
They will have a hard time selling silence on an Israeli strike, to their populaces.
Israel will launch a very limited strike on their nuke facilities, while I think we'd also go after their navy, communications, logistics and even HQ's of Quds forces and Intel HQ's.
Iran will respond the same way as if we attacked. Destablize southern Iraq, cut the Straights etc but we will have to respond and be facing aready anti-aircraft threat, a dispersed converntional military/Navy.

Its either nobody goes or we go. I don't like a unilateral strike. I will say this...u don't need over 100 aircraft to take out one facility so maybe they will do the grand tour of Iran.
Israel has a history of unilaterally striking nuclear plants.  

As for the US attacking Iran, I don't know.  This another international situation where international law governs.  Thanks to the Iraq fiasco, the US has lost a lot of authority in the world arena.  Unilateral action may not be a wise thing at this time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
if we were gonna hit them, i think it would have been last year.

no way bush would start his 3rd war and not want to guide a lot of it.  No way he wants to let Obama pull out before exxon takes over.  He would have given himself at least 2 years to manage it and claim a win. 

plus if he hits them now, gas prices spike, everyone goes broke this summer, it make the election a LOCK for obama.  No way you lose 1/3 of your net worth and you still vote repub, no way.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »
if we were gonna hit them, i think it would have been last year.

no way bush would start his 3rd war and not want to guide a lot of it.  No way he wants to let Obama pull out before exxon takes over.  He would have given himself at least 2 years to manage it and claim a win. 

plus if he hits them now, gas prices spike, everyone goes broke this summer, it make the election a LOCK for obama.  No way you lose 1/3 of your net worth and you still vote repub, no way.

I think that ship has sailed as well....
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »
I think that ship has sailed as well....

which ship?

what's your gut tell you will be the outcome?  israel/US hitting targets?  or just keep on bluffing thru 08 elections and let the next guy deal with it?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »
The outcome..oil will spike..Iran will be a crater and hopefully we can geta popular uprising. I really don't know right now. Iran has pretty much set up shop in Southern Iraq. I know or have a good idea of what our Iraq timeline is going to be and what the sofa will eventually call for.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »
which ship?

what's your gut tell you will be the outcome?  israel/US hitting targets?  or just keep on bluffing thru 08 elections and let the next guy deal with it?

Israel isn't bluffing...if they don't attack we'll find out 10 years from now that they were minutes from launching and America told them not to....
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 11:40:27 AM »
fcked up stuff going on in the world.  No easy solutions.