Author Topic: Motivation during the summer.  (Read 1784 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Motivation during the summer.
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:06:13 AM »
Does anyone change their routine up during the summer?
do you miss days and end up doubling up when you don't want to?

I get outta work at 4:30-5:00 on Fridays and then have a softball game at either 6:00 or 7:00.Saturday is golf with my dad and Sunday I usually like to do nothing just have a day off from everything.

now throw in it's summer,bbq's,parties,pool,beach,etc...
how does everyone keep motivated?

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: Motivation during the summer.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:07:42 AM »
I find it easier to keep motivated in summer than in the winter months - the only thing I don't like about training in summer is that it's too damn hot - even in the UK!

My routine doesn't really change as a rule but if I miss the odd day I'll train at weekends instead in the mornings when it's cooler. The weights don't change much - maybe a little bit lighter but on the whole it's pretty consistent.

I think it's easier to keep motivated in summer because obviously you wear less clothes because of the weather and everyone wants to look good to some extent so training for it isn't a problem. In winter it's easier just to gorge yourself to keep warm and when the weight piles on and you look worse that's when motivation drops for me.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
unless you need to drive for an hour to get to the gym its not a big deal. might wanna switch things up and just get in there for 30 minutes and then be done with it.

or change for a whole body routine 2-3 times a week if pressed for time.

yeah!
Z

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:43:56 AM »
ah man i get mroe motivated in the summer time... smaller clothes the beach the women..   = more motivation.. winter my only motivation coems from inside me...summer i get more external sparks

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »
unless you need to drive for an hour to get to the gym its not a big deal. might wanna switch things up and just get in there for 30 minutes and then be done with it.

or change for a whole body routine 2-3 times a week if pressed for time.

yeah!

Thats what I meant.during the summer it's a matter of having enough time to get my workouts in.have you ever done a whole body routine? I guess I'm stuck in my ways.I like to do 1 or 2 body parts a workout tops.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »
Does anyone change their routine up during the summer?
do you miss days and end up doubling up when you don't want to?

I get outta work at 4:30-5:00 on Fridays and then have a softball game at either 6:00 or 7:00.Saturday is golf with my dad and Sunday I usually like to do nothing just have a day off from everything.

now throw in it's summer,bbq's,parties,pool,beach,etc...
how does everyone keep motivated?
I don't change my routine for summer, and if I miss a day, if I feel good, I'll do the compound movement for the day I missed on another day, instead of trying to get two whole workouts in.

Sounds like Fri-Sun is taken, can you do Mon-Thurs (four day split), then consider Fri-Sun your recovery time?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »

Sounds like Fri-Sun is taken, can you do Mon-Thurs (four day split), then consider Fri-Sun your recovery time?

Thats what I try to do Mon-Thur.
something like this is ideal for me.
Mon-legs,don't wanna be sore on the weekend when I'm playing softball and golf.
Tue-chest,bi's
Wed-back,tri's
Thur-shoulders

But last night my downtown had a free concert that started at 5:00 which is when I get outta work.so my choice was the gym or a nice summer night outdoors with a couple of cocktails and the streets full of girls wearing miniskirts and summer dresses getting drunker by the hour
so obviously I missed shoulders ;)

so right now I'm trying to convince myself that I can get myself to the gym on Sunday and hit shoulders. :D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »
I always do legs on Monday. Looks like a good split for a busy guy and it fits right into your schedule.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!