Author Topic: I skipped the bar yesterday, tried training instead...  (Read 3694 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: I skipped the bar yesterday, tried training instead...
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 09:14:06 AM »
what happened to building websites

why did you give up that career

I do both.  I play at night, only a few nights per week.  I build sites during the day and weekend.  I raise the rugrat all day long too.  Busy.  weekends are when I get the most work done.  I'm posting now while watching Dora the Explorer and planning my afternoon workload when he naps.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »
nah, we don't get riders.  We are lucky if they have any backstage area at all.  Typically we haul the shit in about 30 minutes before we're supposed to start, set up, plug in, have a drink, and start playing.  we take long breaks, and we're out quick afterwards.  Ends upbeing about 5 hours per night.  Decent $ for playing guitar.  You get to meet a lot of skanky MILFs too, if you're into that kinda thing.  I tend to watch sports on the TVs there, practice my scales or techniques within the confines of whatever song I"m playing, watch some boobies, think about what I'm doing the next day, etc etc.
Technically if she's a Mom That You Would Like to Fuck, then you probably would be into that sort of thing seeing as how you would like to fuck her. I know what you are talking about the the older women at the club who ain't getting much attention at the club and look at the guitarist like a he's a young Jon Bon Jovi after about 4 long island ice teas...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 09:20:12 AM »
Technically if she's a Mom That You Would Like to Fuck, then you probably would be into that sort of thing seeing as how you would like to fuck her. I know what you are talking about the the older women at the club who ain't getting much attention at the club and look at the guitarist like a he's a young Jon Bon Jovi after about 4 long island ice teas...

yeah, I get hit on, but older girls do nothing for me, to be honest.  I've had some bandmates that were ugly as sin who could hook up most nights just because they're in the band, and they're still there at 1:30 am when it's slim pickins.  Some sad lonely people in bars.  We play a lot of classic rock and blues, so it's only 3-4 times a month we're in a club full of nice 21-25 year old college girls.

Typically it's a drunk divorcee talking about her kids at home with the sitter while she's begging on a marlboro and dancing in clothes that don't quite fit.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »
Go stuff in this thread, i have been drinking too much as of late, every night there is abattle between me and the bottle and WEED usually wins
The Number 2 in Scranton

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 09:22:17 AM »
240 there will come a time when you wished you hooked up with those milfs and when the window of opportunity has closed !!!
Z

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
240 there will come a time when you wished you hooked up with those milfs and when the window of opportunity has closed !!!

that window was closed the night of the 'jacuzzi incident'  :-X
The Number 2 in Scranton

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 09:24:10 AM »
240's married.  He's retired from getting ass.  I just want to be the first guy with the truck packed and snacking on a granola bar driving home while everyone else mingles and bullshits away at 2 am.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:21 AM »
240's married.  He's retired from getting ass.  I just want to be the first guy with the truck packed and snacking on a granola bar driving home while everyone else mingles and bullshits away at 2 am.

maybe you got a lack of test
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
maybe you got a lack of test

I checked my redtube.com 2:30 AM surfing history.  It disagrees.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »
I do have to play clubs, tiki bars, biker bars, you name it.  I'm not a fan.  Smoking is the worst.  I try to book places that have smoking outside, or at the very least good ventilation systems.

And I'm certainly not talented.  I'm just consistent.  have of success is just to show up when others don't.

There are always ten guys in the room who are more talented guitarists/bassists, who would love to be making 100 to 200 per night for a 3.5 hour set, who just can't get it together.
I thought there were no smoking indoors laws here in FL unless it's privately owned (such as VFW or Knights of Columbus).
:D Weee

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »
I thought there were no smoking indoors laws here in FL unless it's privately owned (such as VFW or Knights of Columbus).

only if the place serves food.

they make 'iffy' kitchen close times to make it legal.  kitchens remain unofiicially open.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 09:54:54 AM »
ballaras stage 3, ballaras stage 3.1

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »

they make 'iffy' kitchen close times to make it legal.  kitchens remain unofiicially open.
Ohhh.
:D Weee

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

What's the law? Their revenue has to come from at least 51% in kitchen sales? That loophole can be avoided in some instances.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:24 AM »
What's the law? Their revenue has to come from at least 51% in kitchen sales? That loophole can be avoided in some instances.

I dunno.  They have passed the state ordinance, then local ordinances to amend for whatever reason.  Most of the time, places just don't follow it.  They'll say the menu's closed, but you can have pizza all night, etc.  Every restaurant is different in how they handle it. 

In the beginning, everyone followed it closely.  Many went out of business.  The new owners, well, some places just don't care.  We play one place that has a closed-door poker tournament every week for like $5k.  I'm sure that's not exactly legal.  I don't know what the buy-in is, but they pack a lot of people into that smoky room every weekend.  it's ugly down here... probably 1-2 clubs close a month, out of many 30 clubs in the whole town that do any kind of music.   they're always open a month later, new owners, new scheme.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:50 AM »

I was including discotheques in "bars".

The only legit reason for going to a bar-type place is to listen to live music if someone really talented is playing.  Other than that, it's pointless.

What are you a universal rule maker?

If we stuck to your values we'd be incest loving computer geeks with no Discotheques!

Fuck you!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »

What are you a universal rule maker?

Yes, I am.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."