Author Topic: Candada might get hit  (Read 1127 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Candada might get hit
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »
No Excuses
By JAMES TARANTO

"Intelligence agencies in the United States and Canada are warning of mounting signs that Hezbollah, backed by Iran, is poised to mount a terror attack against 'Jewish targets' somewhere outside the Middle East," reports ABC News:

Intelligence officials tell ABC News the group has activated suspected "sleeper cells" in Canada and key operatives have been tracked moving outside the group's Lebanon base to Canada, Europe and Africa. . . .

Suspected Hezbollah operatives have conducted recent surveillance on the Israeli embassy in Ottawa, Canada and on several synagogues in Toronto, according to the officials.

Latin America is also considered a possible target by officials following Hezbollah's planning. . . .

"They want to kill as many people as they can, they want it to be a big splash," said former CIA intelligence officer Bob Baer, who says he met with Hezbollah leaders in Beirut last month.

"They cannot have an operation fail," said Baer, "and I don't think they will. They're the A-team of terrorism." . . .

Baer says his Hezbollah contacts told him an attack against the US was unlikely because Iran and Hezbollah did not want to give the Bush administration an excuse to attack.

Assuming Baer is right, everything changes if Barack Obama--who one suspects would look for an excuse not to attack--is elected president. Baer's information also implies that Iran, its theocratic ideology notwithstanding, is subject to deterrence--that it does act more restrained in the face of a credible threat of force.

Actually, that was clear more than a quarter century ago, when the Iranian regime released U.S. hostages immediately after the inauguration of that cowboy, President Reagan. Will Jan. 20, 2009, be Jan. 20, 1981, in reverse? Stay tuned.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Candada might get hit
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
Are these the same agencies that were sure there were WMD's in Iraq?   ::)

And I really can't believe you fall for this tinker toy propaganda crap C-500, that Obama if elected wouldn't enact reprisals for a terrorist attack that was from Hez or Iran.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:47:11 PM »

And I really can't believe you fall for this tinker toy propaganda crap C-500, that Obama if elected wouldn't enact reprisals for a terrorist attack that was from Hez or Iran.

Actually, I could care less about that.  I'm more concerned about the talk of Canada getting hit.  You should know to give me more credit than that, OzmO.  I ain't madatcha though. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »
Actually, I could care less about that.  I'm more concerned about the talk of Canada getting hit.  You should know to give me more credit than that, OzmO.  I ain't madatcha though. 

I apologize anyway C-500.  I wonder if that report is just junk however, that it was picked from numerous reports for political purposes or was it factual.   It doesn't make much sense for Hez to strike outside from where they are at becuase they stiffer reprisals from Israel.  And the world's opinion of their cause would get much worse.

I'm sure Israel will take the needed precautions. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:22 PM »
I apologize anyway C-500.  I wonder if that report is just junk however, that it was picked from numerous reports for political purposes or was it factual.   It doesn't make much sense for Hez to strike outside from where they are at becuase they stiffer reprisals from Israel.  And the world's opinion of their cause would get much worse.

None of what Hez does makes sense when you think about it, though. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »
None of what Hez does makes sense when you think about it, though. 

true..........so true

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »
Every time this happens..its not some political bs...the only reason u here about it now is 911 and the various agencies covering their ass. Plus if u read the whole report u might notice that they mention that they're watching people or followed them....that sends a message as well.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »
Every time this happens..its not some political bs...the only reason u here about it now is 911 and the various agencies covering their ass. Plus if u read the whole report u might notice that they mention that they're watching people or followed them....that sends a message as well.

Did you read the whole intelligence report or what they released on that quip C-500 posted.  Use your head.  I can't believe you are this "thin" headed.  Did intelligence officials supply ABC with the entire intelligence report?  Were you or I or ABC news privy to all the other intellignce reports, some of which that might contradict that one?

Sorry,  that's EXACTLY what was reported to ABC news.  A politically motivated quip.  Poltically motivated perhaps to cover their asses.  But incomplete and suspect.  ESPECIALLY, considering how accurate they were on WMD's in Iraq.  And further more, why would you release it?  why would you show your hand so to speak?   And you think it isn't politically motivated  lol.

You know what that report really is?   MILK.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
So where on the map can I find Candada?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »
So where on the map can I find Candada?
LOL.   my bad

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »

Hezbollah has a very large presence in South America. They bombed the Israeli Embassy in Argentina in 1992, killing 30 or so people. They also bombed a Jewish culture center in Argentina in 1994. They've been operating outside of Lebanon for years. The fact you don't know this doesn't look too good for your credibility .

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
Hezbollah has a very large presence in South America. They bombed the Israeli Embassy in Argentina in 1992, killing 30 or so people. They also bombed a Jewish culture center in Argentina in 1994. They've been operating outside of Lebanon for years. The fact you don't know this doesn't look too good for your credibility .

What's a "large" presence?

please define that.

And yes,  i had no idea.  I wonder if you did before you googled it.    But then again that's 14 years ago.    Has anything changed int he middle east in 14 years?   ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 01:42:28 PM »
Yeah its gotten worse....they look for soft targets.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »

You mean like wide open US border?

Or how about the wide open US runways?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »

Well, since he is a huge, black genetic freak, he could scare them away.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 02:27:37 PM »

Recognising the fact that you have a university degree, why do you never use proper grammar and punctuation?
I hate the State.