Author Topic: Legit question for a blind date  (Read 6253 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Legit question for a blind date
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
Alright, so here's what is going on.  I have never been on a blind date before and I have one coming up.  It is going to be a casual dinner from what I understand.  There will be another "couple" there but my question is should I go in thinking it is just another date or is there any extra tips you ladies would like to throw my way? 
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Legit question for a blind date
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:36:43 AM »
Alright, so here's what is going on.  I have never been on a blind date before and I have one coming up.  It is going to be a casual dinner from what I understand.  There will be another "couple" there but my question is should I go in thinking it is just another date or is there any extra tips you ladies would like to throw my way? 

Don't go re-arranging the furniture, ...it might confuse her, and make sure her white cane is within easy reach.
Oh ya, ...don't play with her seeing-eye dog, ...remember, ...it's a working dog.  :P

But seriously, just go in with the attitude you're going to meet a new person and possibly make a new friend.
When you meeet her, ...if she's not your cup of tea, and you know right off the bat there's not gonna be a love connection, sit back, have fun, and get to know her like a new friend. You might just make a new friend out of it.

If she's someone who makes your heart skip a beat, ...don't talk with your mouth full.  ;D

Oh ya... Have a Good Time!
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »
Lol, jag that was def funny.  I will definitely try and relax.  I think the one thing I was worried about was if I wasn't attracted to her.  I am used to taking girls out to whom I am attracted so this is simply uncharted waters to me. 

I promise I won't feed the dog any candy either...lol
Squishy face retard

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:57:59 AM »
whats her name on here
Z

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »
whats her name on here
Lol, well I didn't want to tell anyone buuuuuuuttttttt....Stell a and I were going to meet at a dog park and see if we hit it off; the other couple being our dogs.  Awkward....
Squishy face retard

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
hahaha ;D
R

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
Lol, well I didn't want to tell anyone buuuuuuuttttttt....Stell a and I were going to meet at a dog park and see if we hit it off; the other couple being our dogs.  Awkward....
What if the dogs start fornicating? You should think these things through man...
$

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »
Let her do all the talking.

Nod your head and pretend to be interested.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »
Lol, jag that was def funny.  I will definitely try and relax.  I think the one thing I was worried about was if I wasn't attracted to her.  I am used to taking girls out to whom I am attracted so this is simply uncharted waters to me. 

I promise I won't feed the dog any candy either...lol

I know what you mean. I've done a few blind dates myself, and... well, let's just say, I will no longer trust my friends to set me up on them. It's amazing how people who know you so well can get it soooo horrendously wrong.

I've made a few good friends that way though. one guy I'd been set up with at least 3 x's. HA!

I first met the guy in 1991. It wasn't a romantic thing. He was renting a corporate suite right next door to my apartment. There was what we'll say "an incident", that disgusted and infuriated me so much, I left a note with the concierge at the front desk, asking him to call me. We agreed to meet in the tea salon at the Sutton Place hotel, and I showed him some very important information I thought he should know. It was one of those "I'm not making any statements about anything, but I believe, there is some information that were you aware of it's existence that you would want to know". Then I showed him the info, ...and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. He was extremely grateful, and asked me out to dinner as a way of saying thank you for saving his ass. I figured why not? and I went. we had a great time, dinner, dancing, and lots of fun. But there was no love connection or sparks.  About 6 months later, my friend Ray says he wants to fix me up with this multi-millionaire... that he thought we'd be perfect together. He wouldn't tell me his name, just that he wanted us to meet. One night when I was over at his place going through his talent books, ...guess who pops by. He called the guy and told him to come over, the girl he wanted him to meet was there. Guess who he was? Yep. We had a few drinks, I picked which ones of Rays girl's I'd be willing to possibly rep, and I called it a night. Then in 1993, my girlfriend calls me and says her & her boyfriend were coming down to Harbourfront for a boat cruise, and her boyfriends friend came over at the last minute,... why don't I join them for lunch on the cruise? guess who? Yep same guy. We're now great friends... but no sparks. Everytime I find myself in downtown TO, I'll pop by his hang out where he "holds court" and say hello. I often run into him during the film festival though, ...cause it seems like just about every night, he's got the VIP lounge cordoned off to everyone except the celebrities and his friends. Most everyone that has ever tried to set me up on a blind date completely missed the mark. There's only one guy who I later discovered had a good eye for that kind of thing. I had vowed not to go on blind dates anymore. The guy never gave up though... he insisted I attend a grand opening of some new health club being opened by the brother of [name deleted]. He asked me to attend to support his friends efforts. Well it turns out the guy who he'd been trying to fix me up with was a partner in the club. It turns out he was actually a pretty decent pick. He's got at least 7 or 8 marriages under his belt now. I've only ever had 1 blind date that was so horrendous, I wanted to smack the guy who fixed me up with him.  ;D

Just go in there with the goal of having fun, and don't have expectations of sparks, just have fun and roll with it.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 11:43:25 AM »

You brat!

Cap,
Don't listen to him. He's too jaded & cynical. Just be yourself and have fun... no expectations, ...just roll with it.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »
You brat!

Cap,
Don't listen to him. He's too jaded & cynical. Just be yourself and have fun... no expectations, ...just roll with it.

I'm sweet!!!

Listen to me, Cap. Less talk = better chances. :)

Don't let Judi lead you down the path to lonlieness.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »

LOL ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »
I'm sweet!!!

w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 06:37:36 PM »
I think a healthy mix between dr and judi will serve me well.
Squishy face retard

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »

Ignore Judi if you're hoping to get anywhere.

Like most women, her favorite topic will most likely be herself.

Any talking by you just interrupts the conversation. :)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »
Ignore Judi if you're hoping to get anywhere.

Like most women, her favorite topic will most likely be herself.

Any talking by you just interrupts the conversation. :)
Yeah, I can remember a date going awry because I apparently talked too much.  Keep in mind I was answering questions.  Lol
Squishy face retard

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »
Yeah, I can remember a date going awry because I apparently talked too much.  Keep in mind I was answering questions.  Lol

See?!

Judi is leading you astray.

Talk less, score more.

Don't actually listen, though. Most of what they say will be nonsense so there's really no point to paying attention.

Just nod and feign interest. :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »

Now you got it!  :)
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 06:04:39 AM »

Now you got it!  :)

I bet he shut up and things went surprisingly well. :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
I'm sweet!!!

He's right....
 It's like asking a man and a woman where is the the gas station that is down the street.  A man will tell you, "Oh, it's right down the street on your left" A woman, on the other hand, will tell you, " Go up the street (the opposite direction), around the corner, pass the boutique, thru 3 traffic lights and make a right"

This just to get to the same destination.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
Parker,

Please tell these people how sweet I am.

Judi is messing with a n****'s rep. :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »
Parker,

Please tell these people how sweet I am.

Judi is messing with a n****'s rep. :)

Can't do that, Or that's make us both look  :-X. Soon she'll accept that fruit of knowledge is neither sweet nor tart, but goes down just as smooth.

But I'll say this, your rap is "sweet". Because your dropping knowledge like ain't no tomorrow.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 09:47:26 PM »
I just feel a little bad for Cap because he really wants to believe Judi is being helpful.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 10:00:26 PM »
I just feel a little bad for Cap because he really wants to believe Judi is being helpful.

I think, that many women do that are being "helpful", it's just that they give the  "Cinderella" version aka non-realistic, yet idealistic version of what they say they want, but men give the realistic version of what will go down, due to prior experiences and trial and error. Women don't have that experience.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 04:04:44 AM »
I think, that many women do that are being "helpful", it's just that they give the  "Cinderella" version aka non-realistic, yet idealistic version of what they say they want, but men give the realistic version of what will go down, due to prior experiences and trial and error. Women don't have that experience.

Why not just admit they like to do most of the talking and get in the last word? Just seems like things would be a lot easier.