Author Topic: Garrisoning the Planet: America's Empire of Bases...  (Read 2341 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Garrisoning the Planet: America's Empire of Bases...
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »
What would happen if the US left all their bases? Oh that's right, China or Russia would swoop on in and put their own bases there.  ::)

Dude almost everyone in this thread thinks that if the US were destroyed the world would hold hands and sing songs  ::)

monster 5 year old thought processes

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »
cause people like you piss n moan and act surprised at when people dont like us in other countries..

would you like a pakistani military base in the US??

Um having been to ur country..please the smell alone would kill us.  I could care less if people like us. I have also watched u idiots fight...i won't holed my breath for armed occupation of the US by the vaunted paki army.
L

Moosejay

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 06:03:46 PM »
Fair enough.

I just don't get these folk who think it is a cardinal sin to criticise the government and genuinely don't care about human beings other than those who were arbitrarily born in the same country.

I was born in NYC and grew up there and feel I have diddly squat in common with people from Utah, Iowa or any of the other boondock places that make up most of the US.

Yeah...we 'care' enough about other countries to the tunes of billions and billions spent on 'em whenever their asses are in the ringer, which is, I must say, nearly all the time.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
Dude almost everyone in this thread thinks that if the US were destroyed the world would hold hands and sing songs  ::)

monster 5 year old thought processes
What kind of thought process does it take to be suckered by neocons into believing the United States should be global peacekeepers and nationbuilders and that the world is clueless without our guidance ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
What kind of thought process does it take to be suckered by neocons into believing the United States should be global peacekeepers and nationbuilders and that the world is clueless without our guidance ::)

Good question...

Clearly quite a few here believe it...
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »

Its not a question of guidance its the fact that nobody else can do it..the UN whined in the Balkans, they whine about Africa....we delt with Saddam...who else will do it. I'm not a big fan of getting involved everywhere either..only when its in our economic or stategic best interest, should American lives be put on the lone.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
Its not a question of guidance its the fact that nobody else can do it..the UN whined in the Balkans, they whine about Africa....we delt with Saddam...who else will do it. I'm not a big fan of getting involved everywhere either..only when its in our economic or stategic best interest, should American lives be put on the lone.
are you answering for youandme because he's the one who accused all of us of having some kind of belief the world would hold hands and sing if we were no longer involved.  That really says he believes the world is clueless without our guidance.  I also do not believe the world would hold hands and sing, conflict in one form or another will be here as long as man exists so as usually, youandme just makes shit up to suit him.  And we both know we dig into shit all the time that hardly passes as important to our national interests.  But then I guess when you're as big as we are, there'll always be some assclown to connect the dots allowing for some level of intervention.  HH6, we were not put here to rule the known universe.  This is a bad path bubba.