Author Topic: Simple carbs after workout,, HOW MANY?  (Read 2866 times)

mental_masturbator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Simple carbs after workout,, HOW MANY?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 03:15:13 AM »
Just my 2 cents...100 g maltodextrin : 30 g whey (and 10g fructose sweetner) always seemed to work fine for me.  Working out is usually the last the last thing I do before sleep and drinking this has helped me feel much better the following morning.  When I cut the carb's down to say less 50g in the drink, I feel like warmed-over dog doo-doo.  Weird, no? 

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 07:23:29 AM »
So why do "they" say for decades that you need quick carbs post workout?
It's the dextrose-lobby?!

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
yeah

i outlined why no carbs earlier in the thread

basically, even if i was in off season mode, i see  no reason toconsume any liquid sugars. there is no benefit and it doesnt make you grow faster. so to me, post workout carbs (like dextrose or waxy) are uneccesary calories that mess with insulin sensitivity..    ill eat some black beans or ezekiel bread along with some chicken or turkey or tuna or steak about 45 mins post workout when im looking for mass.

right now though, im burning fat. so im more worried about being anti-catabolic than being anabolic.

What about just BCAA's post workout?  Wouldn't that essentially be the same thing as 20g protein?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »
So why do "they" say for decades that you need quick carbs post workout?
It's the dextrose-lobby?!

non sequitor

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »
What about just BCAA's post workout?  Wouldn't that essentially be the same thing as 20g protein?
no, you need all the essential amino acids on order to synthesis protein. but adding in extra bcaa's is a good idea.