Author Topic: Bush 'war crimes conference' to convene in Mass.  (Read 854 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Bush 'war crimes conference' to convene in Mass.
« on: June 22, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »

June 22, 2008
On September 13-14, 2008, Lawrence Velvel, the dean of the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, plans to convene a 'convention' at the school's facilities; the attendees of which will plan strategies to prosecute members of the Bush administration for war crimes.

"This is not intended to be a mere discussion of violations of law that have occurred," stated Velvel in a press release. "It is, rather, intended to be a planning conference at which plans will be laid and necessary organizational structures set up, to pursue the guilty as long as necessary and, if need be, to the ends of the Earth.

"We must try to hold Bush administration leaders accountable in courts of justice. "And we must insist on appropriate punishments, including, if guilt is found, the hangings visited upon top German and Japanese war-criminals in the 1940's."

The dean specifically criticizes Justice Department officials who wrote legal opinions designed to provide political cover for administration figures to carry out torture. However, Velvel's sharpest words were saved for President Bush, according to a passage from ABA Journal.

"The man ultimately responsible for the torture had a unique preparation and persona for the presidency," wrote Velvel. "He is a former drunk, was a serial failure in business who had to repeatedly be bailed out by daddy's friends and wanna-be-friends, was unable to speak articulately despite the finest education(s) that money and influence can buy, has a dislike of reading, so that 100-page memos have to be boiled down to one page for him, is heedless of facts and evidence, and appears not even to know the meaning of truth."

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bush 'war crimes conference' to convene in Mass.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
June 22, 2008
On September 13-14, 2008, Lawrence Velvel, the dean of the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, plans to convene a 'convention' at the school's facilities; the attendees of which will plan strategies to prosecute members of the Bush administration for war crimes.

"This is not intended to be a mere discussion of violations of law that have occurred," stated Velvel in a press release. "It is, rather, intended to be a planning conference at which plans will be laid and necessary organizational structures set up, to pursue the guilty as long as necessary and, if need be, to the ends of the Earth.

"We must try to hold Bush administration leaders accountable in courts of justice. "And we must insist on appropriate punishments, including, if guilt is found, the hangings visited upon top German and Japanese war-criminals in the 1940's."

The dean specifically criticizes Justice Department officials who wrote legal opinions designed to provide political cover for administration figures to carry out torture. However, Velvel's sharpest words were saved for President Bush, according to a passage from ABA Journal.

"The man ultimately responsible for the torture had a unique preparation and persona for the presidency," wrote Velvel. "He is a former drunk, was a serial failure in business who had to repeatedly be bailed out by daddy's friends and wanna-be-friends, was unable to speak articulately despite the finest education(s) that money and influence can buy, has a dislike of reading, so that 100-page memos have to be boiled down to one page for him, is heedless of facts and evidence, and appears not even to know the meaning of truth."[/u]

Is he trying to say he doesnt like Bush?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »
That last statement personifies why this is all bs....once agin the Libs can't get past Bush.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 07:30:33 PM »
That last statement personifies why this is all bs....once agin the Libs can't get past Bush.
are you seriously a Bush supporter.  You really back all this bullshit.  For real HH6 or is this more of a team player thing for you :-\

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »
Well Hugo I'm following this crap to its logical conclusion. I have a BA in both History and English. My concentration in my junior year was French and British colonial warfare and I switched up in my senior year and studied the German experience on the Eastern front. My point is that while Bush/Hitler and his gang fired out a lot of orders...alot of guys like me followed those orders. They hung alot of rank and file guys at Nuremberg. If libs like this have the way...the US military will be next..but instead of trials u will have the best trained, most experienced military in the world walking down main street USA, because we won't stand for that. 
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »
Well Hugo I'm following this crap to its logical conclusion. I have a BA in both History and English. My concentration in my junior year was French and British colonial warfare and I switched up in my senior year and studied the German experience on the Eastern front. My point is that while Bush/Hitler and his gang fired out a lot of orders...alot of guys like me followed those orders. They hung alot of rank and file guys at Nuremberg. If libs like this have the way...the US military will be next..but instead of trials u will have the best trained, most experienced military in the world walking down main street USA, because we won't stand for that. 
That's a huge load of crap.  Sorry.  I've only ever seen one person who took the hardroad against you guys and that was here.  Everyone else including me knows that you guys are following orders.  What a joke, there is no way the progressive community would stand for that and for you to stand here and say it's a primary wish is just so fucking far out there it's sillystupid.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:54:02 PM »
Huh...yes we were following orders and if it comes back around on us..who will areest us. Instead u'll have armed US troops on the streets. Think I'm joking, why are we different then anybody else. The damm Foreign Legion planned to drop on Paris in 1961. The Soviets had a mini coup unlil Yeltsin jumped on that tank. Do u honestly think we'd stand for war crimes tribunals..by folks who have'nt donbea damm thing in their lives but lecture those who protect this country. U honestly doen't understand the scorn we have for Libs. It could never stop at Bush, based on what this guy is saying...and we won't stand for it. If they arrested Bush, the money, the folks who really run this country would remove the president...Obama would never go for it anyway.
L