Author Topic: Mcain advisor: Another 9/11 would give Mccain a 'big advantage'  (Read 747 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
 :o

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - John McCain distanced himself Monday from a top adviser who said another terrorist attack on U.S. soil this election year would benefit the Republican presidential candidate. Barack Obama's campaign called the comment a "complete disgrace."

Charlie Black, an adviser already in the spotlight for his past lobbying work, is quoted in the upcoming July 7 edition of Fortune magazine as saying such an attack "certainly would be a big advantage to him." Black said Monday he regretted the comment.

Black is also quoted as saying the "unfortunate event" of the assassination of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto earlier this year "helped us."

Questioned about Black's comments during a news conference, McCain said, "I cannot imagine why he would say it; it's not true. I've worked tirelessly since 9/11 to prevent anther attack on the United States of America. My record is very clear."

Citing his work to establish a commission to investigate the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the United States, as well as his membership on the Senate Armed Services Committee, McCain added: "I cannot imagine it, and so, if he said that - and I don't know the context - I strenuously disagree."

In a statement, Obama spokesman Bill Burton said, "The fact that John McCain's top adviser says that a terrorist attack on American soil would be a 'big advantage' for their political campaign is a complete disgrace, and is exactly the kind of politics that needs to change."

Black, interviewed by reporters as he stood outside McCain's fundraiser, said: "I deeply regret the comments. They were inappropriate. I recognize that John McCain has devoted his entire adult life to protecting his country and placing its security before every other consideration."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Mcain advisor: Another 9/11 would give Mccain a 'big advantage'
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »
Yeah bad way to phrase it...poor choice. No bigger disgrace then obama saying that Repubs will use the race card. His grasp of history, especially that of his own party, is disgraceful.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:03:43 PM »
Olbermann: "The first rule of October surprise is that you don't talk about October surprise!"

Is he hinting at something?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
Ron Paul for President... ;D
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »
Olbermann: "The first rule of October surprise is that you don't talk about October surprise!"

Is he hinting at something?

Obermann has the IQ of a gerbil.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »

You have a degree in history.  You know govts have engineered false flag attacks for centuries to keep their party in power.  Suggesting it could happen today is not outside the realm of possibility, is it?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »
Ron Paul for President... ;D

Give it up already, it's like Minnesota Timerwolves for NBA champs, in other words, no chance, stop wasting our time.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 12:43:04 AM »
There's a big difference between a guy like Olbermann and guys like Hannity.  Olbermann when proven wrong on a fact will actually correct the false statement.  Guys like Hannity never do that.  Why is that HH6.  I'll tell you why but you already know.  Because guys like Hannity are in the business of telling lies to their sheeple following.  Guys like Olbermann seek the truth.  Just look at this board, the crap you guys have to come up with on Obama... Mostly pure fucking fantasy reverberated through the rightwing echo chamber that day.  Really guys, wtf ::)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 01:55:11 AM »
There's a big difference between a guy like Olbermann and guys like Hannity.  Olbermann when proven wrong on a fact will actually correct the false statement.  Guys like Hannity never do that.  Why is that HH6.  I'll tell you why but you already know.  Because guys like Hannity are in the business of telling lies to their shthateeple following.  Guys like Olbermann seek the truth.  Just look at this board, the crap you guys have to come up with on Obama... Mostly pure fucking fantasy reverberated through the rightwing echo chamber that day.  Really guys, wtf ::)

No one ever has to come up with crap on Barack Hussein, it just comes spewing from that orrifice that resembles a mouth  "I'm a different kind of politician . BAHAHAHAHWHAWHA"