Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110254 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2008, 08:29:01 PM »
Keep pushing Rip! the upper body is looking lean.  The rest will come in by show time, stay strong  8)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »
Let your man take that ass to town and that should get some striagtions in those quads and hams and butt.

When I saw this pink swimsuit I almost spontantiously cumbusted, holy cow Rip you look amazing! :D

jt
TEAM Nasser

AVBG

« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2008, 05:09:33 AM »
your lower body will come in but that back is unreal. :o It's all about staying consistent from now on in, keep doing what's working Lori!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2008, 07:13:53 AM »
When I saw this pink swimsuit I almost spontantiously cumbusted, holy cow Rip you look amazing! :D

jt
Too much info, brother.  :-X
!

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
Double cardios Fri, Sat, and Sun.  I can't remember what I lifted though lol.  I know I did biceps and calves Sunday.
Today was 65 mins AM on the elliptical, 60 mins PM on the elliptical, and a pretty decent chest workout.  No need to post my numbers these days because they are not very impressive, but I did manage to do DB incline presses with 50 pounds for three sets of 10. 

Only a couple progress pics from this past weekend... I wasn't really thrilled with the pics.  I am happy with how my back and upper body are coming along, but DAMN my lower body and esp my ass are taking a long time to tighten up!   >:(

I'll take a full set of progress pics this weekend at 3 weeks out... and then I think I am going into hiding until the show.  ;)

Hey girl - Every week you are looking better and better!  How exciting!!!  I hate to make excuses, but I think the sunlight really washed out your lines in your legs....bad angle... Speaking of, we know the legs are the last to come in but I'll bet you we will see a difference next week with them!!  Maybe you can get a couple of triple cardios in this week?   :-\  If not, how does Carla feel about one of your cardio sessions being a short burst (30 -40 mins) of interval training????

Geezus...your upper body is looking absolutely UNREAL....  I love you in pink too :)

Stay focused this week - you are so close!!!!

xoxo
Michele W.P.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #255 on: August 05, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »
Thanks for the support, all of you guys.  It really means alot.  I hope I can make you all proud in a few weeks.   8)

Hey girl - Every week you are looking better and better!  How exciting!!!  I hate to make excuses, but I think the sunlight really washed out your lines in your legs....bad angle... Speaking of, we know the legs are the last to come in but I'll bet you we will see a difference next week with them!!  Maybe you can get a couple of triple cardios in this week?   :-\  If not, how does Carla feel about one of your cardio sessions being a short burst (30 -40 mins) of interval training????

Geezus...your upper body is looking absolutely UNREAL....  I love you in pink too :)

Stay focused this week - you are so close!!!!

xoxo
Michele W.P.

LOL YES, the lighting...bad lighting!!   ;D
Thanks so much Michele! 
Actually, sunlight is tough for seeing lines and muscle separation, it totally washes you out, esp when it's really direct like that.  Oh well.  I always say if you can take a good pic like that in sunlight, then you can take a good pic anywhere!

The legs are always the last thing to come in, for sure!  I think that I am forgetting how HARD this is and how long it takes to get in contest shape, and am just being impatient lol.  I actually think I may be ahead of where I was last year.  My back says that I am ahead for sure!  So I just have to keep at it, and the legs have to follow.  The only thing that worries me is that as my legs tighten up and get smaller, I could compromise some muscle in my upper body, which I don't want to do.  But we're just going to keep on pressing on!!

I did talk to Carla yesterday about all of it.  I'm at two cardios, 50-60 mins each, and a third cardio any time there is an opportunity (ie never ;D).  The third cardio will be intervals/sprints and a shorter duration, as you suggested Michele, or else I will do more sprints/running for my morning cardio.  I'm actually scheduled for a spin class tomorrow at noon with my boss - he's been asking me to go with him for a while during our lunch hour, and it's only Wedsnesdays - so I am going to get the triple in tomorrow, and I may do it next Weds too. 

And while it has become clear that I am extremely carb-sensitive, insulin-sensitive, and terribly stimulant-sensitive, we have decided to leave carbs in my diet so that I can get through the adjustment and shed the water I am retaining, and so that we can fill me out a little at the end if necessary.  This week, it's only 1/2 cup of brown rice at breakfast and some veggies during the day, but that's better than nothing!

:)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #256 on: August 05, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
man your butt is so hot
TEAM Nasser

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: August 05, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »
I agree w/mcswage, the lighting had a big impact on how your legs look in these last shots.  In the black booty shorts taken prior, I can already see your hamstrings coming in.  It was def. the lighting.  And btw, your back looks phenom!

Great job RIP :D

I'll take a full set of progress pics this weekend at 3 weeks out... and then I think I am going into hiding until the show.  ;)

If you feel you want feedback on any subsequent pics you take while in hiding, you know your old buddy Stella won't post anything w/o permission :)
R

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
back looking S-H-R-E-D-D-E-D. :o

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »
Looking fantastic!

8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
Thanks guys.  :)

Thank you stella.... I will definitely keep that in mind!!   :-*

I am going to get my damn triple in today!!  55 mins on the elliptical this morning, 30 min spin class at lunch, and another 50 mins when I get home tonight.  I did a back workout last night plus 50 mins cardio, and it's highly doubtful I will lift tonight since I have lifted for the past 3-4 days.  I can't even remember anymore!   :P

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2008, 09:43:17 PM »
Keep on trucking girl, you are almost there.  you are looking awesome.

respect respect, and I will see you at Nationals
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2008, 04:55:06 AM »
Keep on trucking girl, you are almost there.  you are looking awesome.

respect respect, and I will see you at Nationals

Thanks Claire, right back atcha.  ;)

I can't wait to catch up with you in person at Nats!   :-*

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:27 AM »
looking good hun! keep it up!!!

w8m8

« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »
WoW Rip ... you're looking fabulous , great work !!

The pink is real pretty on you  ;)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2008, 05:02:13 PM »
WoW Rip ... you're looking fabulous , great work !!

The pink is real pretty on you  ;)

You can say that again
TEAM Nasser

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2008, 06:41:58 PM »
Thanks w8m8!   :D
rico, see you in three weeks in Cleveland.   :-*

So here's the difference with some indirect indoor lighting.   :o
These are from this morning, after cardio.  And also after three days of low carbs.  I'm upping the carbs now for three days and having some fat (steak) this weekend. 

Three weeks, two days out.  I am pleased with my progress and think I am on track.  I have felt 100 times better this week than I have for the last 6 weeks.  Not sure what I weigh though.   :-\

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2008, 06:46:03 PM »
Backside is shrinking and tightening up.   :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2008, 06:49:19 PM »
And the side poses

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
Wow Rip, this is some great J/O material for me tonight, thx so much!! You are looking great.  Man I can't believe you slipped into that nice underpants outfit for us all!!!  On behalf of myself I say thank you   :-*  Very hot, very very hot   8)  You look great, the competition has no chance, they might as well quit now.

jt
TEAM Nasser

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »
Thats what im talking about!!  ;D  :-*

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2008, 08:02:28 PM »
you look great Lori. 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »
Lori, you look incredible.  WOW! 

You are going to kick butt!!!
R

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »
we all knew your back was looking great, but WOW your tris and delts are awesome. nice size and seperation in those side poses. you definately look on track to kick some ass this year

and your tush is just  :o

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: August 07, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »
Wow!! Rip looking great!!!  :)  Right on track.  Looking very balanced and nice shape.  Conditioning is looking good too.  Have to say love the suit, very hot, great bottom.....oh yeah on the suit  ;D  I like the way it comes together in the back are you wearing that for the show?