Author Topic: Was Don Imus right?  (Read 1559 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Was Don Imus right?
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »
There is a problem in the black community.

His heart may have been in the wrong place but he was still right.

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Was Don Imus right?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »
10% of the population is doing 90% of the crimes.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »
Not sure how accurate the statistic is or if it includes repeat offenders, etc.. For example: Baltimore has a lot of violent crimes that end in death, but 93% of those killed have a felony. That means I only had a 7% chance of getting killed while living there.

If a black comedian said: "Why can't niggas act right? Give him all that talent and money and he still finds a way to get in trouble!!" We'd all laugh and agree. Imus said the same thing, just in his own way.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »
There is a problem in the black community.

His heart may have been in the wrong place but he was still right.

well damn doc he's right...black people have been in America for 200 some yrs and from what i see in PG county (one of the most black populated county in amreeka) i see the majority or em blame  whites and the culture on them not making it...

brownies have been here what ...75ish yrs and 80% of em make it as doctors..IT guys  :D, engineers...

sometimes i wanna shake the complaining black dood real hard and scream " u have been here 200 some yrs, ENOUGH STFU and work hard...it'll all fall into place"
carpe` vaginum!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »
Statistically speaking, Imus was 100% correct. Blacks can't come to terms with that.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »
Black average IQ = 85

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
I really dont understand why they are upset in the first place they hired him b/c of his opinions and personality and thats what he gives them, and yes he was right

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »
They're upset because he's right. Any time blacks or any other minority are shown the facts, they go crazy and start blaming everyone but themselves.

Look at the majority of the thugs in the NFL. They're all black.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »
Statistically speaking, Imus was 100% correct. Blacks can't come to terms with that.
when i say black i mean American black...

some of the smartest people i know r black...

the head of NASA networks is from ghana and my instructor and mentor...the shuttle dosen't take off without him signing off...  ;)

u just end up sounding like a bigot  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 05:30:20 PM »
when i say black i mean American black...

some of the smartest people i know r black...

the head of NASA networks is from ghana and my instructor and mentor...the shuttle dosen't take off without him signing off...  ;)

u just end up sounding like a bigot  :-\

Why is the majority of violent crime in this country committed by blacks when they make up only 30 million or so of the 300 million people here? Sorry that you rally behind them when you feel like it but statistics don't lie. There are intelligent people in every race. But an overwhelming number of "American blacks" would rather hold a glock than a pencil.

Get off my nutsack tiny. I know I hurt your feelings on the G&O just now, but I figured you would lurk around before coming back at me.

Speaking of Bush's no child left behind act and your blatant contempt for it, it's safe to say that you would be one of those left behind if it didn't exist.  ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 05:36:23 PM »
Why is the majority of violent crime in this country committed by blacks when they make up only 30 million or so of the 300 million people here?

I stopped reading there....

anyhow..your inbred trailer trash ass never considers socio economic status as correlated with crime...

its useless debating idiots..

the arguments will be beyond u  :-\

apparently according to your posts..brown people r the scum...and so r blacks...

there is a word for people like you...

closet bigot  ;)
carpe` vaginum!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »
I stopped reading there....

anyhow..your inbred trailer trash ass never considers socio economic status as correlated with crime...

its useless debating idiots..

the arguments will be beyond u  :-\

I couldn't care less about socioeconomic status. Why are they in the dumps still? Because they average an IQ of 85. Feel free to read the other threads on here about it. The fact is that the government and others have tried to help these people out. They can't get past thinking that the whites still "owe them" for what they did 200 years. Time to move the fuck on and become productive members of society.

I see why you rally behind them though. You're 31, live at home with your parents, and abuse drugs, alcohol and steroids. You're more worthless than 99% of them.

30 million blacks out of 300 million people. Majority of violent crime committed by them. Most of the arrests of NFL players are of thug blacks.

These guys are millionaires, out of the ghetto living in upper class white neighborhoods and they're still thugs. It's a bad saying but it does have some truth. You can take the man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
Why is the majority of violent crime in this country committed by blacks when they make up only 30 million or so of the 300 million people here? Sorry that you rally behind them when you feel like it but statistics don't lie. There are intelligent people in every race. But an overwhelming number of "American blacks" would rather hold a glock than a pencil.

Get off my nutsack tiny. I know I hurt your feelings on the G&O just now, but I figured you would lurk around before coming back at me.

Speaking of Bush's no child left behind act and your blatant contempt for it, it's safe to say that you would be one of those left behind if it didn't exist.  ;)

You have no actual understanding of statistics.

Disraeli: There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
You have no actual understanding of statistics.

Disraeli: There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Statistically speaking, blacks commit most of the violent crimes in America. You can deny it and cry racism all you want. The overwhelming majority of prisoners in our penal system are black. I understand statistics just fine, but I also understand that these guys, REGARDLESS of their upbringing, can't seem to stay away from crime and continue to commit it at times, even after they get made.

There were a couple 20 page threads about this over the last few weeks. Many great points were made. Debussey having made most of them.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
A subsequent United States Department of Justice report which surveyed homicide statistics between 1974 and 2004 stated that of the crimes surveyed, 52.1% of the offenders were Black, 45.9% were White, and 2% were Other Races. Of the victims in those same crimes, 51% were White, 46.9% were Black, and 2.1% were Other Races. The report further noted that, "most murders are intraracial", with 86% of White murders committed by Whites, and 94% of Black murders committed by Blacks.[6] It should be noted that the document does not provide any details concerning what races or ethnicities are included in the designations "White", "Black", or "Other Races".

70% of prisoners in the United States are non-Whites.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime

Wow, 50%+ of the offenders are black. 30 million blacks in this country and they still manage to be responsible for the majority of murders in the USA. Not to mention they kill each other most of the time.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »
Statistically speaking, blacks commit most of the violent crimes in America. You can deny it and cry racism all you want. The overwhelming majority of prisoners in our penal system are black.

I am not confusing your ignorance with racism.

Maybe a simple explanation would work. If you put all the poor people in one place, they really don't have anyone else to do crime against. If you did statistics from a trailer park all of the violent crime is probably done by it's inhabitants.

It's not your 'statistics' but the silly interpretation I find amusing.  

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »
I am not confusing your ignorance with racism.

Maybe a simple explanation would work. If you put all the poor people in one place, they really don't have anyone else to do crime against. If you did statistics from a trailer park all of the violent crime is probably done by it's inhabitants.

It's not your 'statistics' but the silly interpretation I find amusing. 

Regardless, why do blacks turn to killing each other when placed in these conditions. Putting all the white trash in trailer parks doesn't lead to massive drug trafficking, murder, gang killings and shit. If blacks weren't more prone to violence, they wouldn't make up the overwhelming majority of violent crimes.

And I don't see it as racism. I see it as reading the numbers and nothing more. Maybe they're more prone to it due to socioeconomic factors. Maybe they're more prone to it due to genetics. Who knows. All I know is that the numbers show they commit most of the violent crimes, yet they make up 1/10th of the country's population.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »
Well you must not know a lot about meth labs in rural areas, LOL!

At any rate. There's definitely a huge problem in the black community. It's as if the social infrastructure never recovered from legalized post-slavery racism.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »
Well you must not know a lot about meth labs in rural areas, LOL!

At any rate. There's definitely a huge problem in the black community. It's as if the social infrastructure never recovered from legalized post-slavery racism.

Hahaha, I've seen that Breaking Bad show or whatever it is. White trash can be very crafty with their meth production.  :D

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 06:10:58 PM »
We have some labs out in the boondocks. Not near me, LOL!

At any rate. I don't believe any solution is going to come from outside the community itself.

OneBigMan

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »
Imus was right to use the words that he did despite his quote being subject to different interpretation. His choice of words might have been based on the preconceived notions that are out there about athlete's with criminal rap sheets such as that troublemaker named "Pacman" Jones.

As far as the previous controversy from last year, look at how many call-in guests from the political spectrum of America welcomed Imus back to the airwaves last December. It seemed like what Imus said was offensive, but at the same time many of the guest contributors to his morning showed their support for the I-Man by sticking to their position and indicating in subtle ways that the blame should be placed on the lyrics from the foul-mouthed rappers that opened the door in the first place for Don Imus to talk the way he did about the Rutgers females on a college basketball team.

Don Imus is no worse than any of the black comedy characters such as Jamie Fox and that Hughley guy with the D.L. initials.