Author Topic: Brad Gillingham with a 854 lbs deadlift – the best deadlifter in the world  (Read 3360 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Big Brad showin' how it's done at the North Americans. The guy's just amazing. He's been at it forever and is just getting better and better.

As empty as paradise

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
He made that look easy...

Very impressive.

8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
GREAT puller. best in the world? hell no.

the sickest thing is that he uses a hook grip.

Geo

• Getbig IV
how much do knee wraps help when you're pulling ?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
how much do knee wraps help when you're pulling ?

none. but those are neoprene knees sleeves, which means he's probably just using them for safety purposes. i know today after doing all my sets of pulling my knees are pretty sore.

John O

• Getbig III
Thats is awesome for sure! I didn't wear anything around my legs when deadlifting.  I know I use to rip my shins to threads when competing.

Do they do anything diffrent in todays lifting regurding blood on the bar when deadlifting? 
Masters- 50-54
148#

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Thats is awesome for sure! I didn't wear anything around my legs when deadlifting.  I know I use to rip my shins to threads when competing.

Do they do anything diffrent in todays lifting regurding blood on the bar when deadlifting? 

In my fed it's compulsory to wear long socks to stop blood getting on the bar

John O

• Getbig III
Ah, ok. I thought by now they would have something like plastic shin guards. Something to cover the shins, but still let you slide the bar up.
Masters- 50-54
148#

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Ah, ok. I thought by now they would have something like plastic shin guards. Something to cover the shins, but still let you slide the bar up.

Not in the IPF!  Im surprised they allow you to use your hands!  That is, obviously, a huge exageration, butthe IPF DOES NOT bend the rules at all.  Unless youre a Russian, mand thenyou dont get tested and recieve shorter bans.

Jason 

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Not in the IPF!  Im surprised they allow you to use your hands!  That is, obviously, a huge exageration, butthe IPF DOES NOT bend the rules at all.  Unless youre a Russian, mand thenyou dont get tested and recieve shorter bans.

Jason 

The IPF tests??  :o lol. Or is it a case of them testing who they know won't fail? I know that goes on in some feds