Author Topic: Bush administration lifts North Korea sanctions  (Read 1120 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Bush administration lifts North Korea sanctions
« on: June 26, 2008, 08:27:59 AM »
WASHINGTON - President Bush said Thursday he will lift key trade sanctions against North Korea and remove it from the U.S. terrorism blacklist, a remarkable turnaround in policy toward the communist regime he once branded as part of an "axis of evil." 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_nkorea

What?  Negotiations worked? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Bush administration lifts North Korea sanctions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:33:27 AM »
yeah...speak softly and carry and Airborne Divison.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
"N Korea is a terror state"

"We do not negotiate with terror states"

Then, they set off a nuke and fire ICBMs at hawaii on the 4th of July as the space shuttle took off.

So we paid them off with a million barrels of oil to stop it

And now we're taking them off the terror list.  Foreign aid will be next.  They bullied us into giving them money not to attack us.  Extortion.  This is obvious appeasement.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »
Let me get this straight...

Obama is an appeaser because he's willing to negotiate with a terror state who says threatening things and doesn't have WMD yet (Iran).

Bush isn't an appeaser because he pays off, negotiates with, and unlabels terror states who HAVE WMD, fire ICBMs at us, threaten to destroy california, etc?

WTF, Mate?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:37:39 AM »
Fighting N. Korea will not be like fighting  arabs.   whole new world.  We will actually be fighting people who can shoot back in terrain that's favorable to defense.

Sanctions worked.  Incredible. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »
Exactly.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:41:59 AM »
I hope that after I leave Korea a new war breaks out between the North and the South and the US doesn't get involved.

But then again I hate Koreans. This is what I call personal blowblack. You have no idea how fucked up Koreans are.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 08:44:22 AM »
Do u think they came to the table because we were nice. They came because South Korea ended the sunshine policy..we're kicking ass all over the place. They're starving and big brother china is too busy making money to deal with their shit. It goes well beyond diplomacy. This was diplomacy with sanctions...which aren't part of this deal. We had conditions..Obama said unconditional.

Ozmo...we won't be invading North Korea would be.....they'd blitz to Seoul and sue for peace under the UN. They can't sustain a war...anything over 25 days and they go Chemical...and we'd go nuclear. I've been fighting this war since I came in in 1991. I've done 5 Team Spirit/Foal Eagle games as well as 2 UFL/RSOI ops. We went last year for the games and will be headed back in Oct for more. Kim Jong Il is still crazy as ashit house rat but he can't feed his folks.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 08:45:43 AM »
Sanctions worked.  Incredible. 

We paid them one million barrels of oil.

Do you typically "pay off" people you put sanctions on?

We caved here.  They fired fvcking rockets at us, and we bitched out.  Imagine the shitdtorm if Ahmedijahad fired rockets at hawaii or started testing nukes.

We bitched out.  Period.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 08:46:47 AM »
Do u think they came to the table because we were nice. They came because South Korea ended the sunshine policy..we're kicking ass all over the place. They're starving and big brother china is too busy making money to deal with their shit. It goes well beyond diplomacy. This was diplomacy with sanctions...which aren't part of this deal. We had conditions..Obama said unconditional.

Ozmo...we won't be invading North Korea would be.....they'd blitz to Seoul and sue for peace under the UN. They can't sustain a war...anything over 25 days and they go Chemical...and we'd go nuclear. I've been fighting this war since I came in in 1991. I've done 5 Team Spirit/Foal Eagle games as well as 2 UFL/RSOI ops. We went last year for the games and will be headed back in Oct for more. Kim Jong Il is still crazy as ashit house rat but he can't feed his folks.

As long as Koreans take an ass whipping and the US isn't involved I don't care. Someone needs to teach these motherfuckers a lesson...they got to get off Confucianism.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:34 AM »
Less than a week after North Korea's release of a downed American helicopter pilot, the Department of Defense said today that it would begin shipments of oil to the country as part of a deal that is designed to end the North's nuclear weapons program.

That the Pentagon is paying $4.7 million to buy and ship the first 13.5 million gallons of oil to North Korea has angered many Republicans, who have charged that the Clinton Administration is propping up a rogue Government.......this was in 1995 under Bill Cllinton

The United States, China, South Korea and Russia have each dispatched 50,000 tons of oil to North Korea since it froze its key Yongbyon nuclear facilities and began disabling them last year.....2008
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
The Bush administration said today that it would stop financing monthly shipments of fuel oil to North Korea, which are required under a 1994 arms control agreement, to punish North Korea for pursuing a covert nuclear weapons program.

But the White House, in a bow to its closest Pacific allies, Japan and South Korea, said it would not demand that a tanker carrying this month's shipment of 42,500 metric tons of oil turn around before reaching North Korea. The ship is just days from port, officials said.

The compromise decision, made by President Bush during a meeting of the National Security Council today, underscores the administration's desire to maintain a united front with its allies in pressing North Korea to abandon its nuclear program, administration officials said.

Japan and South Korea have resisted the administration's urgings to cut ties to North Korea, arguing that engagement is the best way to change its behavior.

The administration will make its case against future fuel shipments at a meeting of the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization in New York on Thursday.

Japan, South Korea and the European Union also sit on the organization's board. Though the organization operates on a consensus basis, the United States carries a powerful bargaining chip: it pays for almost all of the oil costs, which amounted to $86 million in the last fiscal year.

The energy organization does not have enough money to buy the December shipment, officials said. While South Korea or Japan could foot the December bill, they are expected to adopt the United States' position opposing future shipments, at least temporarily, American and Asian diplomats said.

''One of our goals here has been to present North Korea with a united front,'' a senior administration official said. ''We are interested in maintaining that consensus when we come out of that meeting.''

I guess u missed the part that this deal was cut 1994 by the Dems... ::)
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:17 AM »
Hey decide...don't u live in SK now....I like Korea...its dirty but they're friendlier then the Japs.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »
Hey decide...don't u live in SK now....I like Korea...its dirty but they're friendlier then the Japs.

Yeah, I live in this shithole of a country. Less than 2 months to go.

I fucking hate Koreans; dirty, germ ridden filth; dishonest, thieving scum; thugs, crooks and criminals; uncreative robots, conformists, slaves to hierarchy and no individuality. Yeah, it's personal. I have lived here for 2 years and in that time I have been wronged by Koreans so often it has turned me into a anti-Korean bigot. That's blowback. They treat foreigners so badly here that they can't even get educators like myself to come here anymore and they never learn.

Here's a snippet from the US Department of State:

"Due to the growing number and seriousness of problems experienced
       by American citizens teaching English in Korea, we counsel against
       taking such employment, even at reputable colleges or universities,
       except upon receipt of a favorable written referral from a current
       American citizen employee.  We receive several complaints daily
       from Americans who came to Korea to teach English.

Despite contracts promising good salaries, furnished apartments
       and other amenities, many teachers find they actually receive
       much less than they were promised; some do not even receive
       benefits required by Korean law, such as health insurance and
       severance pay. Teachers' complaints range from simple contract
       violations through non-payment of salary for months at a time,
       to dramatic incidents of severe sexual harassment, intimidation,
       threats of arrest/deportation, and physical assault."

Mother fucking gooks never learn. But if they drop the standards low enough they will still get English speaking pulses to come here. Motherfucking cocksuckers. May they rot to fucking hell!
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:12 AM »
U could move.....boys I have nothing.... :D :o
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 11:22:26 AM »
240, where do you get some of your info....

If diplomacy & sanctions helped this situation, we should all be happy.  I'm sure our gov is still watching them closely but anything that helps our relations with other countries is positive.