Author Topic: James Dobson Terrified by President Obama  (Read 1895 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
James Dobson Terrified by President Obama
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »
James Dobson Terrified by President Obama

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:57 PM

In a one-two punch, Focus on the Family’s Dr. James Dobson ripped into Barack Obama, saying that Obama terrifies him, while on Tuesday night’s "Hannity & Colmes" show, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee warned that the Illinois senator’s views on such issues as partial birth abortion takes away the equality of unborn children, and that Obama makes him uncomfortable.

Dobson appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio show Tuesday.

During the show, Hannity commented that he found Obama to be dishonest overall, noting that “I think he was dishonest to the American people” when speaking of his former pastor and spiritual adviser the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Obama said that Wright had never expressed his vitriol to Obama stating "this is not the man I knew" though he had sat in a pew and listened to him for 20 years.

Said Hannity, “I think he’s fundamentally dishonest and has been on a variety of issues, the most recent is his flipping and flopping on public financing, etc. I think he’s got some character issues as relates to honesty.”

Dobson then unleashed this broadside against Obama: “What terrifies me is the thought that he might be our president . . . might be in the Oval Office . . . might be the leader of the free world . . . might be the commander in chief — because as I said a minute ago, the man is dangerous, especially in regard to this issue of morality. I can’t tell you how strongly I feel about this.

“He’s saying that my morality has to conform to his because we all have to agree or else it’s not democratic. Do you remember the position that he’s taken on the Born Alive Protection Act that was passed in Congress in 2002? It kept medical people who were unsuccessful in killing an unborn baby — they took their best shot at [the baby] and [the baby] managed to limp into the world — and so Congress said if he comes out alive you can’t murder him.

“That came to the fore of the state of Illinois legislature, and the only person to oppose it was Barack Obama and he was chairman of the committee, and got up and spoke in opposition to it. [He said] ‘We’re saying that a person is entitled to the kinds of protections provided to a child — a 9-month old child delivered to term — it would essentially bar abortions because the Equal Protection clause [that he was opposed to] does not allow somebody to kill a child.’

“This is what this man believes; [that it’s acceptable] to kill children that you don’t want or need . . .”

Dobson asked, “Am I required in a democracy to conform my efforts in the political arena to his bloody notion of what’s right in regard to tiny babies?”

During Tuesday night’s "Hannity & Colmes" show on Fox Cable, after Alan Colmes asked if “the rest of us” are required to conform to Dr. Dobson’s view about tiny babies, Huckabee said, “ It’s about the collective view of Americans who believe that all people are created equal, and that every human life has intrinsic value and worth. And when Barack Obama believes that we can have partial birth abortion, then we’ve taken away the equality of that unborn child and we’ve said that he’s expendable — that he’s not as valuable as he would be if he were born five minutes later.

“That defies something beyond anybody’s politics. That goes to the heart of what we are as a civilization . . . we have elevated and celebrated life. That’s why we don’t leave our soldiers on the battlefield when they are wounded. We say to leave no man behind, because we don’t view their worth and value as their soldiering, we view it as their personhood.

“And when you rob a human life of its personhood, as you do with the kind of abortion policies that Barack Obama supports, that’s a serious issue, I think, for many of us who don’t see this as a religious issue but see it as something even deeper.”

Responding to Hannity’s complaint that Obama lacks core values guiding him, Huckabee said, “it is a concern; and I think it’s a legitimate one, when you have a person who says I want to change the politics of Washington but then becomes one that’s even being criticized by the leftist media because he’s decided he is going to bypass all the very public financing that he so embraced until he could get more money into his coffers by not doing it.

“That’s exactly the kind of thing that just makes people say, There he is — another politician.”

Asked if he agreed with Dobson’s statement that the idea of Barack Obama as president terrorizes him, Huckabee said: “There are many things about Barack Obama that make me very uncomfortable. There are potholes and there are sinkholes and what Barack Obama has done is to drive his campaign into a sinkhole by saying some things regarding religion that I think will make people who are religious very uncomfortable.

“Am I concerned? Yes. We don’t need to make up things about Barack Obama, because I think that the record is going to be the best weapon to defeat him.

"We need to ask what is it that he believes. What he believes is that the Sermon on the Mount is outdated.”

Huckabee added, “I always found it interesting that liberals want it both ways — they don’t want to bring religion into the public square unless they bring it and get to reinterpret it.”

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/dobson_mike_huckabee_/2008/06/25/107211.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: James Dobson Terrified by President Obama
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »
Ohhhh pore dobson... I'm about sick of hearing his bullshit... hmmmm, I don't live far from him...  Maybe I'll go let him know...  Any guesses how that'll go :D  I can be a real asshole with my opinion ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »
When preachers start preaching from the pulpits for or against a particular poitical candidate,
they should lose their tax exempt status.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:43:53 AM »
Dobson = Certified Moron

only another moron would care about his opinion

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »
When preachers start preaching from the pulpits for or against a particular poitical candidate,
they should lose their tax exempt status.

He's not a preacher and doesn't have a pulpit. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »
Oh he's got a pulpit bubba...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:38:03 AM »
Oh he's got a pulpit bubba...

No he doesn't.  He has a radio show. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
No he doesn't.  He has a radio show. 
and depending on where you live, an annoying tv advice segment on your family. but that's what I was talking about ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »
Dobson believes that homosexuality is but a preference that is influenced through the child's environment.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 09:48:20 AM »
Dobson believes that homosexuality is but a preference that is influenced through the child's environment.

more than that - he believes a male parent can cure or prevent homosexuality by showering with your son for the sole purpose of having your son observe your adult sized penis........ completely true and 100% BIZZARO

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:42 AM »
more than that - he believes a male parent can cure or prevent homosexuality by showering with your son for the sole purpose of having your son observe your adult sized penis........ completely true and 100% BIZZARO

So McCain is now endorsed by a man who believes it's essential to show your genitals to a little boy?

That's fvcking sick.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:21 AM »
So McCain is now endorsed by a man who believes it's essential to show your genitals to a little boy?

That's fvcking sick.

Did Dobson endorse McCain?

and yes, Dobson is a sick fuck and I can't believe anyone would listen to anything he says.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »
and depending on where you live, an annoying tv advice segment on your family. but that's what I was talking about ;)

It's only annoying if you watch or listen.   :)  He has one of the most widely broadcast and listened to shows in the world.  More than 220 million daily listeners.  Dr. Dobson is a great American. 

And he's right about Obama.  That guy (Obama) frightens me too.   :-\ 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 10:41:25 AM »
It's only annoying if you watch or listen.   :)  He has one of the most widely broadcast and listened to shows in the world.  More than 220 million daily listeners.  Dr. Dobson is a great American. 

And he's right about Obama.  That guy (Obama) frightens me too.   :-\ 

dude, I've busted my ass trying to avoid the freecreditreport commercials.  The only sure way is to blow up my tv and not go anywhere where there is a TV.  Dobson's shit was a paid for commercial segment that was hard to miss.  Well there is the option of leaving it on HBO all day long. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
dude, I've busted my ass trying to avoid the freecreditreport commercials.  The only sure way is to blow up my tv and not go anywhere where there is a TV.  Dobson's shit was a paid for commercial segment that was hard to miss.  Well there is the option of leaving it on HBO all day long. ::)

I'd take that over the Disney Channel and "Hannah Montana."   >:(

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
I'd take that over the Disney Channel and "Hannah Montana."   >:(
well we agree then!  everyone has their own poison :)  But I kid you not, for a while, trying to miss dobson was like trying to miss Mis. Cleo.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »
They must hit you guys more with the Hanna stuff.  I never see it.  It was a few months ago that I asked my wife, WTF is a Hanna Montana.  She was like, you don't know Hanna Montana.  nope...  I think it was Bill O'Rielly where I first heard the name.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 11:03:13 AM »
For any Dobson supporters - can someone explain exactly by what process the observation of an adult male penis can prevent or "cure" gayness?   Does the same thing work for lesbians.

Seriously - I just don't understand how this is supposed to work.  It seems like it would have the exact opposite effect but maybe it's more for Dobsons benefit than the child

Directly from the Doctor:

Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard.   He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger.

LINK:  http://www2.focusonthefamily.com/docstudy/newsletters/A000000264.cfm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
They must hit you guys more with the Hanna stuff.  I never see it.  It was a few months ago that I asked my wife, WTF is a Hanna Montana.  She was like, you don't know Hanna Montana.  nope...  I think it was Bill O'Rielly where I first heard the name.

That show seems to be on 24/7.  I'm in constant battles with my kids over it.  I've never watched it.  I tune it out whenever they put it on. 

Miss Cleo . . . lol. . . I remember her.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
For any Dobson supporters - can someone explain exactly by what process the observation of an adult male penis and prevent or "cure" gayness?   Does the same thing work for lesbians.

Seriously - I just don't understand how this is supposed to work.  It seems like it would have the exact opposite effect but maybe it's more for Dobsons benefit than the child

Directly from the Doctor:

Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard.   He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger.
lol!! I remember that. 

lol @ "dobson supporter" :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
this Dobson guy sounds intriguing.  Nothing at all like the sexual predator image you typically associate with men who expose their genitals to little boys. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »

McCain-Palin camp is seeking to delay investigation until after election

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (The Associated Press) - The Alaska lawmaker directing an abuse-of-power investigation of Gov. Sarah Palin promised Friday the probe will be finished before the election, despite refusals by key witnesses to testify, including the governor's husband.

After waiting 35 minutes for Todd Palin and two state administrative employees to appear under subpoena before the state Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Hollis French condemned their refusal to testify and the attorney general's broken promise that seven other witnesses would testify who were not subpoenaed.

French said the retired prosecutor hired by the Alaska Legislature to investigate Palin, Stephen Branchflower, will conclude his investigation by Oct. 10. Still, that report will not include testimony from the Republican vice presidential nominee, her husband or most of the top aides Branchflower hoped to interview.

Sarah Palin's allies hoped the investigation would be delayed past the election to spare her any troublesome revelations — or at least the distraction — before voters have made their choice. Palin's reputation as clean-government advocate who takes on entrenched interests is central to her appeal as Republican John McCain's running mate, and possibly at risk in the probe

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 07:25:10 AM »
Glad to see Beach Bum is tapping into the opinions of important people this election cycle.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 07:27:49 AM »

That's fvcking sick.

that is pretty sick, 240.  Good call, dude.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »
Glad to see Beach Bum is tapping into the opinions of important people this election cycle.

Well, he's no Oprah, who is arguably the most powerful person in America and partly responsible for potential President Obama, but he is probably in the top ten.  Any Republican running for office can't simply ignore him.  His audience is too large.  Dr. Dobson is a great American.   :)