Author Topic: Where exactly is Obama on Guns  (Read 766 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Where exactly is Obama on Guns
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:01:39 AM »
He looked like he was gonna cry yesterday. Hell he was asked his position on it the day before and refused to answer...Change my ass.

Obama's statement:

“I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms, but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets through common-sense, effective safety measures. The Supreme Court has now endorsed that view, and while it ruled that the D.C. gun ban went too far, Justice Scalia himself acknowledged that this right is not absolute and subject to reasonable regulations enacted by local communities to keep their streets safe. Today’s ruling, the first clear statement on this issue in 127 years, will provide much-needed guidance to local jurisdictions across the country.

“As President, I will uphold the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners, hunters, and sportsmen. I know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact common-sense laws, like closing the gun show loophole and improving our background check system, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Today's decision reinforces that if we act responsibly, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.”

I'm sorry, how can you claim "I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms" when you steered $15 million to the self-described "most aggressive group in the gun control movement" that published a book entitled, Every Handgun is Aimed at You: The Case for Banning Handguns ?

The RNC is calling attention to this comment from before the Potomac Primary, when moderator Leon Harris said, "you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you’ve said that it’s constitutional," and Obama didn't dispute the characterization that he believes the ban is constitutional. If he really disagreed, you figure "I don't think it is constitutional" would have appeared somewhere in his 204-word answer.

L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Where exactly is Obama on Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:02:10 AM »
sounds like obama is being an anti-gun prick.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:06:25 AM »
Ah hah..something to peak ur interest. My job is done here.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:14:50 AM »
Ah hah..something to peak ur interest. My job is done here.

www.bobbarr2008.com/

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
He looked like he was gonna cry yesterday.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »
sounds like obama is being an anti-gun prick.

You posted his stance on guns months ago.
Didnt you post a statement where he said something like "no one should be allowed to carry guns"
A good youtube video was posted by Eldon, and The Coach regarding this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
yep.  obama is a POS when it comes to gun rights, I thought that was a given.  he's also a globalist and is sneaky.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 07:25:21 AM »
yep.  obama is a POS when it comes to gun rights, I thought that was a given.

It is.

Check this out. San Antonio: "Man Recounts Shooting of Home Intruder"
From WOAI NBC 4 San Antonio:

http://clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/634330?wpid=0

What I found interesting about this clip is, the intruder didn't have a weapon. Anti gun types like to say ignorant things like "if no one had guns" and other fantasy talk due to watching too much TV and failing to use their brains. Rock, stick, knife, or nothing at all, bad guy can harm you. In magic TV land of anti gun types, he should have given the guy a karate chop and called the police....

PS: There's a lesson in the vid about safety on guns anyone who owns guns should take heed...