Author Topic: who is this???  (Read 2764 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: who is this???
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »
Roger Estep!!!

Hey Fatass :)
lol how did you guess??? did you see the post on the other  forum??

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
found this on T-nation

"Roger was a freind of mine. He died after numerous brain surgeries for brain cancer-he has been battling this disease for a good number of years and has had approximately 10 brain surgeries. Roger is not just a lifting legend-but was a true american hero. Roger was an army Ranger, purple heart recipient as well as the medal of valor winner who was injured by a mortar in Vietnam. I was lucky enough to be at Rogers wedding in 2003 as well as to look through Roger's scrapbook some. Roger received a substantial bonus to play for the Cincinatti Reds.

Roger was just an amazing individual-he left behind a million plus dollar home in OC and so many freinds which you could tell meant far more to him then the material riches he so rightly had.

There is info there on his memorial service-scheduled for july I believe."

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 12:43:43 AM »
Anyone here remember a powerlifter named Lamar Gant?

Wasn't he the first man to deadlift five times his bodyweight? I remember seeing his name in the Guiness Book of Records for some reason like that.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »
Anyone here remember a powerlifter named Lamar Gant?

Yes he was a black powerlifter who could deadlift a whole of of weight for his size.  He had a severe curve in his spine and when he deadlifted he would shrink in height and wouldn't have to lift the bar as high.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 01:03:14 AM »
Yes he was a black powerlifter who could deadlift a whole of of weight for his size.  He had a severe curve in his spine and when he deadlifted he would shrink in height and wouldn't have to lift the bar as high.

don't forget his arms were also ridiculously long. at the "top" of his pull, the bar was just barely over his knees. honestly his body seemed so fucked up i never would have wanted his "genetics".