Author Topic: Fred Phelps: George Carlin is now in Hell  (Read 8445 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Fred Phelps: George Carlin is now in Hell
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 08:23:19 PM »
;D  ;D  ;D

(but it's not about being a good person  :) )

Isn't that kind of fucked up... GW can just charge along with no worries.  The Dems won't impeach and God will forgive him.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 06:13:47 AM »
That guy is the perfect example of turning spirituality into its opposite. If there is a hell, he is already in it and he doesn't even know.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 05:05:48 AM »
Carlin rejected god all the time. I reject god all the time. I deny the Holy Spirit...ooohhhhh....goi ng to hell now....oh well. ::)
That's the greatest thing about God.  His mercies are brand new every day. 

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »
And those who don't choose to 'receive it' are doomed to burn in hellfire for all eternity; if that is not an exclusive club, I don't know what is.
The flipside of that coin is:
Those that deny Christ and his free gift can also be labeled as members of an exclusive club, the "Reject Christ's Salvation Club".

There is a reason for the choice they make (those in the Reject Christ's Salvation Club) Jesus lays down his life for the sheep but some are not his sheep, and that is "the reason they do not believe", Jesus says.

Romans 11:8
GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT, DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY."

Hellfire (lake of fire) was created for Satan and the angels in heaven that rebelled against God.

W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
The flipside of that coin is:
Those that deny Christ and his free gift can also be labeled as members of an exclusive club, the "Reject Christ's Salvation Club".

There is a reason for the choice they make (those in the Reject Christ's Salvation Club) Jesus lays down his life for the sheep but some are not his sheep, and that is "the reason they do not believe", Jesus says.

Romans 11:8
GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT, DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY."

Hellfire (lake of fire) was created for Satan and the angels in heaven that rebelled against God.

All ancient/medieval silliness for little children and adults who don't want to grow up.
I hate the State.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »
All ancient/medieval silliness for little children and adults who don't want to grow up.

Don't hate on the messenger!

One thing for certain and two things for true;

1) Everyone will die (unless Jesus returns first)
2) Whatever happens after that is a secret
3) Only dead folk know that truth.
W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »

We have a pretty good idea of what happens when you die; nothing.

Where were you when Rome fell? When the dinosaurs became extinct? When your fellow Christians burnt down the famed libraries of Alexandria? You didn't exist; and to that nonexistence you shall return.
I hate the State.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 07:17:10 AM »
We have a pretty good idea of what happens when you die; nothing.

Where were you when Rome fell? When the dinosaurs became extinct? When your fellow Christians burnt down the famed libraries of Alexandria? You didn't exist; and to that nonexistence you shall return.

You have no clue about the after death/life you are have not been there YET!

When the dinosaurs became extinct, my existence as well as yours had not yet come into fruition. Yours and my existence was planned and timed perfectly. You hope you return to nonexistence, this is the hope for all non-believers but soon we will all know the truth just as Carlin knows the truth even at the very momenty in time.

Question for you; Is the entire bible a lie to you?
W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
You have no clue about the after death/life you are have not been there YET!

When the dinosaurs became extinct, my existence as well as yours had not yet come into fruition. Yours and my existence was planned and timed perfectly. You hope you return to nonexistence, this is the hope for all non-believers but soon we will all know the truth just as Carlin knows the truth even at the very momenty in time.

Question for you; Is the entire bible a lie to you?

The Bible is a collection of myths, fables, pseudohistory and political propaganda. I don't know if that constitutes a lie but it sure comes pretty close.
I hate the State.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
The Bible is a collection of myths, fables, pseudohistory and political propaganda. I don't know if that constitutes a lie but it sure comes pretty close.

Seems like you are calling it a book of lies to me!
Well, according to the Bible you fit the model of someone who is lost in their sins! Does'nt mean you can't be saved.
But then again that's between you and God.

W

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 01:45:47 PM »

See page one of this thread for the answer to no. 2.  :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »
Seems like you are calling it a book of lies to me!
Well, according to the Bible you fit the model of someone who is lost in their sins! Does'nt mean you can't be saved.
But then again that's between you and God.

I don't believe in ancient, plagiarised superstition written long ago by goat herders for whom a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking feat of technology. We live in the 21st century, come and join us.
I hate the State.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »
I don't believe in ancient, plagiarised superstition written long ago by goat herders for whom a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking feat of technology. We live in the 21st century, come and join us.

I am sure you believe in something ancient, plagiarized (whether superstitious or not) and you have faith in something.

BTW Christianity has been well established that is why it's here to stay. Any attempt to extinguish the fire of the Holy Spirit is futile.

Simply put you have not be enabled to understand God's grace so continue to put your faith in your god/s (Mankind or whatever else was CREATED) instead of the creator and you will surely reap what you have sewn just as George Carlin has (whatever/where ever that maybe) because only Carlin and God knows his whereabouts.

See page one of this thread for the answer to no. 2.  :)
Please be more specific; I can't find what you are referring to, thx.
W

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »

Please be more specific; I can't find what you are referring to, thx.

People are either going up or down. Heaven or hell, depending on how you've lived your life, whether or not you've been saved.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
People are either going up or down. Heaven or hell, depending on how you've lived your life, whether or not you've been saved.

I disagree my friend.

Our salvation is not based upon what we have done, what we are doing or what we are going to do; It's all about what Christ has done.

Read the entire book of Romans especially chapter 11.

HM

P.S. Saved = Forgiven so you cannot be saved and go to Hell (where that is I don't know but according to the bible Hell is an actual place.

W

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 07:53:33 AM »
I disagree my friend.

Our salvation is not based upon what we have done, what we are doing or what we are going to do; It's all about what Christ has done.

HM

P.S. Saved = Forgiven so you cannot be saved and go to Hell (where that is I don't know but according to the bible Hell is an actual place.

Yes, that's what I meant HM.  How you live your life in terms of whether or not you allow yourself to be saved in Jesus.  It's a given among most devout Protestant Christians that unless you are saved, you will not be going to heaven.  The exception are the Jews, as they are God's chosen. (Although this is recent.  In centuries past they were def going to hell.)  If you look at this thread, I think most Christians here agree with that. If you think differently HM, I think you're in the minority.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
If history teaches us something it is that being with the majority doesn't mean anything.
It's all a question of what is meant by 'saved in Jesus', 'Heaven' and 'Hell'.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »
If history teaches us something it is that being with the majority doesn't mean anything.
It's all a question of what is meant by 'saved in Jesus', 'Heaven' and 'Hell'.

Frage den Herrn Ratzinger...
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
Frage den Herrn Ratzinger...

The Vatikan would do so much better if they would just simply shut up from time to time, I'm the first to admit that. They obviously have not realized yet, that in this time and age, people cannot be patronized anymore.

Ratzinger is an interesting character, extremely intelligent and knowledgable but for some reason rather narrow minded in his actions. I would have preferred the Austrian Candidate, Schoenborn. Younger and more open minded.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »
The Vatikan would do so much better if they would just simply shut up from time to time, I'm the first to admit that. They obviously have not realized yet, that in this time and age, people cannot be patronized anymore.

Ratzinger is an interesting character, extremely intelligent and knowledgable but for some reason rather narrow minded in his actions. I would have preferred the Austrian Candidate, Schoenborn. Younger and more open minded.

Der Papst ist das Mundwerk Gottes; Du musst Dich dem seinen Willen beugen, denn Gott beraet ihn bei allem, was er tut.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2008, 02:07:36 AM »
Der Papst ist das Mundwerk Gottes; Du musst Dich dem seinen Willen beugen, denn Gott beraet ihn bei allem, was er tut.

I'd rather take the direct way.
It's just a tradition, and one that does not exactly have a very glorious history.

PS.: "dem seinen" -> "seinem"  ;)
PPS.: Asche auf mein Haupt, Deicide was right, of course  ;D

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16:25 AM »
Yes, that's what I meant HM.  How you live your life in terms of whether or not you allow yourself to be saved in Jesus.  It's a given among most devout Protestant Christians that unless you are saved, you will not be going to heaven.  The exception are the Jews, as they are God's chosen. (Although this is recent.  In centuries past they were def going to hell.)  If you look at this thread, I think most Christians here agree with that. If you think differently HM, I think you're in the minority.

I maybe  missed something here.

I said this:Our salvation is not based upon what we have done, what we are doing or what we are going to do; It's all about what Christ has done.

You said:"...what I meant HM.  How you live your life in terms of whether or not you allow yourself to be saved in Jesus."'

I don't think we are saying the same thing here.

HM

W

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2008, 10:22:33 PM »
being a good Christian is about having love in your heart and doing the right thing

it's sad that people are so voracious in their opposition to God, Jesus, and those who are religious

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 04:09:28 AM »
being a good Christian is about having love in your heart and doing the right thing

it's sad that people are so voracious in their opposition to God, Jesus, and those who are religious

Nothing against the nonexistent...just its inventors...
I hate the State.