Author Topic: How hard is the world laughing at us now?  (Read 2008 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
How hard is the world laughing at us now?
« on: June 28, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »
Bush calls for more penalties against Zimbabwe

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Saturday the U.S. was working on ways to further punish Zimbabwe's longtime leader and his allies, saying Robert Mugabe leads an "illegitimate government" that retained power only through a fraudulent election.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080628/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_zimbabwe

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: How hard is the world laughing at us now?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »
Bush calls for more penalties against Zimbabwe

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Saturday the U.S. was working on ways to further punish Zimbabwe's longtime leader and his allies, saying Robert Mugabe leads an "illegitimate government" that retained power only through a fraudulent election.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080628/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_zimbabwe

Not much? The rest of the world is right there alongside us saying the same thing. Unless you think the democrats torture, beat and murder the republicans and vice versa?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »
Not much? The rest of the world is right there alongside us saying the same thing. Unless you think the democrats torture, beat and murder the republicans and vice versa?
Zip... right over your head.  I know many are of the same opinion on the issue.  That doesn't mean they don't laugh at the hypocracy of bush delivering the message.  That is the foundation of my question.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 04:21:34 PM »
Why some of us here care what the rest of the world thinks about what we do or how we do what we do is beyond me.

Who cares? And for those that do care...you shouldn't.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
Why some of us here care what the rest of the world thinks about what we do or how we do what we do is beyond me.

Wait, so let me get this straight... We're all over this New World Order, Rule the World, You're either with us or your against us Bullshit and you think only American Citizens should ought to have an interest in our affairs...  Well isn't that precious...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »

I sure don't. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
I sure don't. 
So rule the world and to fuck what they think about it... I think that's global tyranny.  Nice BB...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
So rule the world and to fuck what they think about it... I think that's global tyranny.  Nice BB...

Yes.  Don't forget provide humanitarian aid all over the globe.  But yes, who gives a rip what they think? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »
Yes.  Don't forget provide humanitarian aid all over the globe.  But yes, who gives a rip what they think? 
Dude, with the US forcing counties to comply or die you cannot deny.... ahhahahaha... if the glove does not fit, you must acquit! LOL  shit I just cracked myself up...  anyway aid my ass, that should never equate to buying support.  When I give, I do not expect; only an ass would.  So in the end, if we're going to agressivly press our policy on the world, they have every goddmaned right to give a shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
Dude, with the US forcing counties to comply or die you cannot deny.... ahhahahaha... if the glove does not fit, you must acquit! LOL  shit I just cracked myself up...  anyway aid my ass, that should never equate to buying support.  When I give, I do not expect; only an ass would.  So in the end, if we're going to agressivly press our policy on the world, they have every goddmaned right to give a shit.

We don't buy support.  We provide humanitarian aid like no other country in the world because it's the right thing to do. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »

Agreed, but as an aside, numerous nations have that exact same point, especially European nations as of course they are the world leaders in aid donations per capita, all the top 10 largest givers pp are European, been that way for years. Aiding poorer nations/people is normal for nations/people, as all 1st world nations gives to the 2nd/3rd.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
We don't buy support.    
OHHHHHH... priceless.... do I leave this for 240 as a gift or should I just go ahead and destroy you...  "We don't buy support" LOL... quick, better double check that. Is that your final answer :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
Agreed, but as an aside, numerous nations have that exact same point, especially European nations as of course they are the world leaders in aid donations per capita, all the top 10 largest givers pp are European, been that way for years. Aiding poorer nations/people is normal for nations/people, as all 1st world nations gives to the 2nd/3rd.

What about disaster relief?  It would surprise me if we did not lead the world in this area.  We are always one of the first in line to assist with disasters all around the world.  We even provide, or at least offer, assistance to countries that hate us.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 06:55:35 PM »
OHHHHHH... priceless.... do I leave this for 240 as a gift or should I just go ahead and destroy you...  "We don't buy support" LOL... quick, better double check that. Is that your final answer :D

Final answer Alex.  :)  We do not provide humanitarian relief because we're trying to obtain that country's support.  That's absurd.   

If you're going to destroy me you better hurry because I have to leave soon.   :D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
What about disaster relief?  It would surprise me if we did not lead the world in this area.  We are always one of the first in line to assist with disasters all around the world.  We even provide, or at least offer, assistance to countries that hate us.    

Yes, true. So do the rest of the 1st world.

The Caribbean works like - the richer half send aid to poor ones, constantly. It's the way the whole world works. The US, Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan, S Korea etc - dish out billions to poorer nations year in year out. Most of us are at like $20 - $20 per capita annually, Europe tends to be $100+ per capita up to Luxembourg at $500+, which may also help explain why they are stuck with the highest income tax in the world. Ew.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »
Final answer Alex.  :)  We do not provide humanitarian relief because we're trying to obtain that country's support.  That's absurd.   

If you're going to destroy me you better hurry because I have to leave soon.   :D
I'm not Alex ???  and we do buy support.  wager?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »
wait, humanitarian support, no... I don't know of that, but we buy nation's support.  That is what I was reffering to when I read you saying we do not buy support.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
I'm not Alex ???  and we do buy support.  wager?

You asked if that was my final answer, which is a line from Jeopardy.  Alex Trebek is the host of Jeopardy.  

I'm talking about humanitarian aid.  No, we do not give humanitarian aid to countries in an attempt to buy support.  And no I'm not going to wager.  It's too silly and can't be proved one way or the other.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 07:35:33 PM »
wait, humanitarian support, no... I don't know of that, but we buy nation's support.  That is what I was reffering to when I read you saying we do not buy support.

Ah so.  Yes, I believe we provide money, weapons, etc. to countries in exchange for information, support, etc. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »
The world laughing at us?  ::)

You are on Earth, right?

So the millions that apply for work, and travel visas are laughing at us, and begging for financial aid?

I would call that a plea not a laugh.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
Zip... right over your head.  I know many are of the same opinion on the issue.  That doesn't mean they don't laugh at the hypocracy of bush delivering the message.  That is the foundation of my question.

I get it Hugo.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »
Ah so.  Yes, I believe we provide money, weapons, etc. to countries in exchange for information, support, etc. 
yes... I jumped on your sentence with glory then did a double take on that last post so we agree on this point.  We do buy support for coalitions, and well whatever it is we're buying at that time.  There are different deals for differrent things.  I do know quite a bit of the coalition in the war on terror was bought in one way or antother.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
Wait, so let me get this straight... We're all over this New World Order, Rule the World, You're either with us or your against us Bullshit and you think only American Citizens should ought to have an interest in our affairs...  Well isn't that precious...

Pretty much

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 10:16:10 PM »

The US has a long and storied history of commenting and acting on what the world does, both publically and privately.

The whole election has constant talk about Iraq, Iran, Israel, N Korea, Cuba, whether to talk to leaders they don't like. 130 nations have US military in them. Vietnam, Korea, Grenada, Panama, Shah of Iran scene, Contras etc - over the years the list is endless. Here, barring some form of tragedy, we don't care less what the rest of the world does, we only care about the US as they interject into our affairs non stop.

The US premise focuses greatly on what the rest of the world does. Fact. It is the stereotypical arrogance to assume that should only cut one way....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 11:23:04 PM »
Pretty much
pretty much what?  The world should take it up the ass and shut their mouth about it? 

Side note: I know we oppose eachother politically and not that you give a crap, but I appreciate your contribution on the board you mod.  I've read so many of your posts/advices It's odd to oppose you here.  No hard feelings I hope.