Author Topic: which is the best place to live in the us?  (Read 22224 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: which is the best place to live in the us?
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »
nyc is my favorite !!!!!!  but maybe cuz ive only been there one time and for one day.. so idk...      but boston is sick bro. you ever been there? seattle has the best people and street life and city atmosphere i think..although the weathers shitty..but when its clear outside you can see mount ranier big time, the puget sound is beautiful to, the space needle... the olympic mountain range..    very cool city that seattle is!

I spend a lot of time in New York.  I've been to both Boston and Seattle, although not enough that I would consider myself an "expert".   I wouldn't want to live in NYC because I just couldn't get used to the whole "urban jungle" massive population density feel.  It's almost like you're just a single cow in a massive herd of cattle when you're in Manhattan.  It's fun for short periods, but after several days you get tired of it and just wanna go home, and you know that "home" could never be a place like that.  Don't get me wrong, I like cities... I lived in the Georgetown section of Washington, DC for many years, and I live in Houston now, but Manhattan has a "rat race" feel like no other city that I just don't like.

Seattle is just too dreary with too much overcast and rain... I'd be depressed all the time.  Boston is just too "northeast/blue collar/old-world attitude" that I don't like, plus I'm not a fan of cold and snow.

Ron: "I am lazy."

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »

I spend a lot of time in New York.  I've been to both Boston and Seattle, although not enough that I would consider myself an "expert".   I wouldn't want to live in NYC because I just couldn't get used to the whole "urban jungle" massive population density feel.  It's almost like you're just a single cow in a massive herd of cattle when you're in Manhattan.  It's fun for short periods, but after several days you get tired of it and just wanna go home, and you know that "home" could never be a place like that.  Don't get me wrong, I like cities... I lived in the Georgetown section of Washington, DC for many years, and I live in Houston now, but Manhattan has a "rat race" feel like no other city that I just don't like.

Seattle is just to dreary with too much overcast and rain... I'd be depressed all the time.  Boston is just too "northeast/blue collar/old-world attitude" that I don't like, plus I'm not a fan of cold and snow.

thats what i love about NY. i have my window open now. i hear cars honking people yelling, all that shit. so even though im sittinghere doing nothing, theres still so much going on around me. the energy here is amazing, always in a hurry, always stuff to do. and just think of all that ''urban jungle'' vagina walking around EVERYWHERE. no wonder why nobody gets married before there 35 around here.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »
1. which is the best place to live in the us?

2. how come youre not living there?  ;)

CANADA
C

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

Seattle is just to dreary with too much overcast and rain... I'd be depressed all the time.  Boston is just too "northeast/blue collar/old-world attitude" that I don't like, plus I'm not a fan of cold and snow.

#1 suicide rate among doctors of all kinds:

Dentists in Seattle.

Everyone hates the dentist, and Seattle is always dreary and depressing.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »
Well I may be bias but I have lived in some really nice places and grew up in a really nice area.  Have always lived near the ocean till now I am in Vegas.  But I still love Hawaii.  The weather is perfect, the people are perfect, the food is awesome, the scenery is to die for.  People save their whole lives to go to Hawaii for a week just so they can experience "heaven" while they are still alive.  It will be where I end up when I am all done with everything.  You just can't beat Hawaii

Beautiful place would love to live there for a period of time eventually, just so expensive
Air Falcon

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »

Seattle is just too dreary with too much overcast and rain... I'd be depressed all the time.  Boston is just too "northeast/blue collar/old-world attitude" that I don't like, plus I'm not a fan of cold and snow.

i love boston.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »
san diego for the weather, beaches, and women

every other city in the US is missing at least one of those 3

way too humid in texas and florida

E
E

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »

way too humid in texas and florida

E
north carolina is nice.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 06:19:58 PM »

Los Angeles?  ::)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »
montana!!!!!!!! 8)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »

The problem with Hawaii is it's so isolated.  Nothing important in the world really happens there, and you can't go anywhere without it being a major trip in terms of time and expense.

It is isolated which sometimes is good.  And the for importance the Pacifc FLeet Headquarters is in Hawaii which makes it about as important as you can get in regards to military defense.  Plus most of the money generated their from tourism is from the Japanese so we are bringing in quite a bit of foreign money.  Plus they do have a World Trade Center there now too I think.  Plus we consume more SPAM than anywhere else so we are helping get rid of all the shitty meat no one else wants. Not to mention the pot that is grown there is supposed to be really good, so we help keep the rest of the world happy.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 06:23:31 PM »
Los Angeles?  ::)

too much traffic and air pollution compared to san diego

also far more annoying celebrity wannabes

E
E

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 06:24:19 PM »
It is isolated which sometimes is good.  And the for importance the Pacifc FLeet Headquarters is in Hawaii which makes it about as important as you can get in regards to military defense.  Plus most of the money generated their from tourism is from the Japanese so we are bringing in quite a bit of foreign money.  Plus they do have a World Trade Center there now too I think.  Plus we consume more SPAM than anywhere else so we are helping get rid of all the shitty meat no one else wants. Not to mention the pot that is grown there is supposed to be really good, so we help keep the rest of the world happy.

paraguayan pot is also thought as very good :P

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »

I'm sure it's a nice place to spend some time, I just don't think I would want to live there permanently.  What's really odd is I've never been there.  I've been to a lot of places in the world most people would never get to in a lifetime, but a more "standard" place like Hawaii for some reason has never made it onto the destination list.  :-\  I'd like to check it out sometime soon.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 06:32:12 PM »
too much traffic and air pollution compared to san diego

also far more annoying celebrity wannabes

E

True, but it does have all three elements you mentioned.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »

yes when i went there everything had spam in it. what the fuck is that all about?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »
paraguayan pot is also thought as very good :P
come visit me ill bring you to OAKLAND and then youll know what pot is like  :D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
UES, NYC

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
1.New York City

2.Too Expensive

Boston is not too shabby either...

Living in Europe is much cooler than the US though....so...it's kind of a moot point...
I hate the State.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »
Living in Europe is much cooler than the US though....so...it's kind of a moot point...

In what way?

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »
Tijuana bitches

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »

In what way?

Lifestyle is better; more relaxed, less rushed; Coffee Culture; history, architecture, art, attitudes; multilingual; secular...
I hate the State.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »
Lifestyle is better; more relaxed, less rushed; Coffee Culture; history, architecture, art, attitudes; multilingual; secular...

There is such a thing as being "too relaxed".  History and architecture are nice, but newer, more modern cities are nice too.  Multilingual isn't necessarily a plus unless you speak every language being spoken... otherwise you miss out on half or more of what is being said.  Secular is a plus, but you can have that here too, just don't hang out with religious people.

To me any of the advantages are not worth paying 70% of your income in taxes.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 07:59:08 PM »
i like the places in europe i have been to much better than anywhere ive been in the US, and ive been pretty much everywhere in the us.. even hawaii and alaska

Moosejay

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 08:01:18 PM »

There is such a thing as being "too relaxed".  History and architecture are nice, but newer, more modern cities are nice too.  Multilingual isn't necessarily a plus unless you speak every language being spoken... otherwise you miss out on half or more of what is being said.  Secular is a plus, but you can have that here too, just don't hang out with religious people.

To me any of the advantages are not worth paying 70% of your income in taxes.

Indeed