Author Topic: which is the best place to live in the us?  (Read 22354 times)

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
Re: which is the best place to live in the us?
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »
1. which is the best place to live in the us?

2. how come youre not living there?  ;)
In your case ..I would say Manhattan..The village is full of f@gs just like you ..So you should feel right at home..

Why am I not there ? I'm not a fucking f@ggot!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »

There is such a thing as being "too relaxed".  History and architecture are nice, but newer, more modern cities are nice too.  Multilingual isn't necessarily a plus unless you speak every language being spoken... otherwise you miss out on half or more of what is being said.  Secular is a plus, but you can have that here too, just don't hang out with religious people.

To me any of the advantages are not worth paying 70% of your income in taxes.

I don't know of a single country in Europe where anyone pays 70% of his income in taxes. Can you tell me what country that is?
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »
I should add that you actually get services for paying taxes in Europe whereas in the US you get Afghanistan and Iraq.
I hate the State.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 08:10:25 PM »

There is such a thing as being "too relaxed".  History and architecture are nice, but newer, more modern cities are nice too.  Multilingual isn't necessarily a plus unless you speak every language being spoken... otherwise you miss out on half or more of what is being said.  Secular is a plus, but you can have that here too, just don't hang out with religious people.

To me any of the advantages are not worth paying 70% of your income in taxes.

Good Post Goat...agree completely
Air Falcon

Moosejay

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »
I should add that you actually get services for paying taxes in Europe whereas in the US you get Afghanistan and Iraq.

Yes

"Service"=Waiting for a routine medical appointment until fucking Methuselah comes out of the grave

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 08:13:30 PM »
I don't know of a single country in Europe where anyone pays 70% of his income in taxes. Can you tell me what country that is?

Sure...  most of them.  Total taxes on income tend to be 45-55%, they there's a VAT tax on everything you buy in the 20-25% range. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_of_Europe

(oh, and that doesn't include real estate taxes).   ::)

You're surely not trying to claim taxes in Europe aren't significantly higher than they are in America, are you?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 08:16:53 PM »

The only "services" you get is health care.  Big deal.  Every educated person in America with a good job has that too.  And we don't have to wait in line forever to get medical treatment, either.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »

The only "services" you get is health care.  Big deal.  Every educated person in America with a good job has that too.  And we don't have to wait in line forever to get medical treatment, either.
YES!!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 08:21:54 PM »
Yes

"Service"=Waiting for a routine medical appointment until fucking Methuselah comes out of the grave

Healthcare is Europe is generally better than that of the US unless you are very wealthy.

For being the best country in the world, the US is only #11 is terms of health; Scandinavia wins hands down...

http://www.forbes.com/health/2008/04/07/health-world-countries-forbeslife-cx_avd_0408health.html
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »

You convinced me; the US is the best country in the world; the USD is awesome! The levels are safety are awesome as well! Little crime, the best health care and unending wars...go USA!
I hate the State.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »
Beautiful Detroit, Michigan.

E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »
You convinced me; the US is the best country in the world; the USD is awesome! The levels are safety are awesome as well! Little crime, the best health care and unending wars...go USA!

You're reading things into my post I didn't say.

I simply said that in my opinion, the significantly higher levels of taxation do not provide a fair value return, or anything close to it.   If you feel otherwise, feel free to live in Europe.  People can have different opinions without getting all hostile about it.

SaleenS7525T

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »
I went to college in Chicago...time of my life....you really think it sucks there...why?

Where did you go? I am in college in Chicago now...Chicago is great.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »

People can have different opinions without getting all hostile about it.
Yeah............I'm calling bullshit on this one asshole. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »
People can have different opinions without getting all hostile about it.

Jeesus G o t h b o y, save the primadonna act ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »

You're reading things into my post I didn't say.

I simply said that in my opinion, the significantly higher levels of taxation do not provide a fair value return, or anything close to it.   If you feel otherwise, feel free to live in Europe.  People can have different opinions without getting all hostile about it.

That was my point all along. I appreciate the multilingualism (as a student of language), the history, the architecture, the levels of safety, etc...it is all subjective. However here are some factoids (notice very few US cities rank up there):

http://www.mercer.com/pressrelease/details...07990#Top50_qol
I hate the State.

skipope007

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »
I think Seattle sucks.  I live in Portland and it's way better.  Everyone that visits from Seattle agrees.  The downtown nightlife is centrally located and not all spread out into a bunch of districts.  Ski mountains are closer and better.  Cost of living is lower.  The clubs aren't overrun by confrontational Asian guys that want to fight.  I'm not saying Portland is the best place to live but it's helluva lot better than Seattle!

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »
The Lovely...St. Louis, Missouri
Air Falcon

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »
 Denver, Albuquerque, San Antonio, Phoenix, in that order  8)

body88

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »

I spend a lot of time in New York.  I've been to both Boston and Seattle, although not enough that I would consider myself an "expert".   I wouldn't want to live in NYC because I just couldn't get used to the whole "urban jungle" massive population density feel.  It's almost like you're just a single cow in a massive herd of cattle when you're in Manhattan.  It's fun for short periods, but after several days you get tired of it and just wanna go home, and you know that "home" could never be a place like that.  Don't get me wrong, I like cities... I lived in the Georgetown section of Washington, DC for many years, and I live in Houston now, but Manhattan has a "rat race" feel like no other city that I just don't like.

Seattle is just too dreary with too much overcast and rain... I'd be depressed all the time.  Boston is just too "northeast/blue collar/old-world attitude" that I don't like, plus I'm not a fan of cold and snow.

Boston is extremely expensive, and there is a lot of "old money" in the city. I'm not sure if you spent time in the Newbury, Cambridge or Back bay areas, but old world attitude is one of the last things I think Boston projects. Architecture wise, yes... but I don't think its inhabitants are "old world". Actually, Boston was just voted the most tech savvy city in America (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/techinvestor/industry/2008-06-19-milken-tech-report_N.htm), and with over 70 colleges within or surrounding the city, it is a very liberal, and forward thinking city these days. Can't disagree with you on the snow - it sucks, but we have a great summer, spring and fall....plus the city is on the ocean, and the cape is less than an hour away.

I think all city's have a blue color population, and Boston is no different. However, the city is so expensive, that class is pretty scarce within the major metro areas. You see a ton of doctors, since we have so many hospitals.... A lot of young professionals, college students, and grad students. Every fall, the populaton swells by over 200,000 when all the new college students arrive. Next time you visit the city, check out Newbury street, Back Bay, Harvard square and the South end.

I think Seattle is a great city, but like you, to rainy for me.....NYC is a good time, but I agree with you, to large for my taste. I wouden't vote Boston as the best place to live in the US - ( the winters, and the cost of living are harsh), but I would rank it in the top five.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 10:33:54 PM »
1. which is the best place to live in the us?

2. how come youre not living there?  ;)

I do live there!  :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2008, 10:37:38 PM »
I do live there!  :D

I thought you were in Florida?

Moosejay

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2008, 10:44:41 PM »
Healthcare is Europe is generally better than that of the US unless you are very wealthy.

That is a dubious statement

For being the best country in the world, the US is only #11 is terms of health; Scandinavia wins hands down...

We make a ton of money here...how the hell do you recruit doctors who really want to excel when they are paid a set, insubstantial salary? I want my doctor to be wealthy, have the best technology...and I don't mind waiting an hour to see him because he is so damn good

http://www.forbes.com/health/2008/04/07/health-world-countries-forbeslife-cx_avd_0408health.html

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »

Are you one of those guys who actually believes the misconception (perpetuated by those who twist facts) that in Canada you have to wait 3 months for a standard doctors appointment? 

Moosejay

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2008, 10:51:25 PM »
Are you one of those guys who actually believes the (misconception perpetuated by those who twist facts) that in Canada you have to wait 3 months for a standard doctors appointment? 

I don't believe it.

I Know it takes months upon months.