Author Topic: With all this anti-American talk...  (Read 14728 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: With all this anti-American talk...
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2008, 01:01:44 PM »
No you still don't get it.

Fox is rated high because it plays to the conservative aspect of our society cantering to conservatives or like minded people believe and want to hear.   That's how they get ratings the same as CNN, MSNBC, CBS etc... does respectively.

All you seem to be doing is regurgitating  what people have told you to think.

Another example:  

I've been very critical of the dems.  You just assume, because of your paradigm that says:  "Because i criticize the establishment i must be a liberal."  Which means i must hate America and want the moral collapse of our society.

What you uncousiously choose to not acknowledge is:

-  I've been very critical of the Dems 8 years of not being able to come up with an electbale candidate
-  The dems forced pandering the the extremem left to manintain their voting base
-  The liberal attacks and criticisms on US soldiers
-  the dems having to sell out to the idea of pulling out of Iraq to get elected only to be bitched slapped by BUSH which they knew would happen

But here's the problem that your bias doesn't allow you to compute:

BUSH and the REpubs have been in control for 6 years and the better part of 7+
BUSH under his admin committed one of the worse decisions in US history in invading a sovereign country unprovoked based on false intel that has cost us trillion and thousands of lives
OUR economy doesn look good
We aqre int he middle of a home and credit crisis.

SO HH6, it's not like the Dems have really been at the forefront of news making.

And then to top it off, you have the KING of pandering whores, McCain running.

At the very least, like or dislike, at least Obama, is a lib and stands by it.  (although i'm real concern about his tax plans and could cause me to vote against him.)

Fox is number one because they don't slam this country, they're number one because they do a better job packaging the news, they're number one because they have better personalities. Look at CNN..Blitzer is a whiny bitch...and yes I've met him. He comes off wimpy.  Obermann is so consumed with O'reilly kicking his ass, he spends more time bashing that network, then doing his job. Ozmo there is little if anything u can teach me about how, the media in this country, works. Fox was designed to operate "right of center" . But guys like Hannity and O Reilly are not reporters of news, they are commenting on it. Mathews and Obermann  are leftists and its as obvious as Hannity is.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2008, 01:05:18 PM »
Fox is number one because they don't slam this country, they're number one because they do a better job packaging the news, they're number one because they have better personalities. Look at CNN..Blitzer is a whiny bitch...and yes I've met him. He comes off wimpy.  Obermann is so consumed with O'reilly kicking his ass, he spends more time bashing that network, then doing his job. Ozmo there is little if anything u can teach me about how, the media in this country, works. Fox was designed to operate "right of center" . But guys like Hannity and O Reilly are not reporters of news, they are commenting on it. Mathews and Obermann  are leftists and its as obvious as Hannity is.

Again you don't get shit.

It comes down to money.

FOX is in the business of making money 1st, NOT reporting the news 1st.   The news is only a vehicle that they use to make MONEY.  All those guys you just talked about are there because they bring in ADVERTISING REVENUE. 

So to sit there and talk about how this guy is whiney and how FOX doesn't do gloom and doom only shows your play ground mentality.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »
Who brings the cash in....the personalities, Fox is well aware of who their audience is. They report the news just like everybody else does. The guys I mentioned bring in the cash, with their point of view. Tis country is right of center and Fox preaches to that.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
Who brings the cash in....the personalities, Fox is well aware of who their audience is. They report the news just like everybody else does. The guys I mentioned bring in the cash, with their point of view. Tis country is right of center and Fox preaches to that.

YEP. 

Now go back to the point about "liberal" media.  Media isn't liberal, it's capitalistic.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »
Fox was designed to operate "right of center" .

so when fox says they are "fair and balanced", that is a lie, right?

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
"Fair and Balanced" is an opinion obviously and the CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNBC, BBC, CSPAN watchers of the world wouldn't have a clue on how fair and balanced Fox News is because it doesn't spew the Left Wing's "Blame America first" "Global Warming is real" "just respect the terrorists and they will leave you alone" policies.

Fox is #1 for a multitude of reasons, INCLUDING being "Fair and Balanced" when compared to the others. 

We can play semantics on "Fair and Balanced" all day long but the truth is they are "MORE Fair and Balanced" than the others and that is a fact.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
"Fair and Balanced" is an opinion obviously and the CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNBC, BBC, CSPAN watchers of the world wouldn't have a clue on how fair and balanced Fox News is because it doesn't spew the Left Wing's "Blame America first" "Global Warming is real" "just respect the terrorists and they will leave you alone" policies.

Fox is #1 for a multitude of reasons, INCLUDING being "Fair and Balanced" when compared to the others. 

We can play semantics on "Fair and Balanced" all day long but the truth is they are "MORE Fair and Balanced" than the others and that is a fact.

NO.   That is not a fact, it is an Opinion based on a false premise.  They cater to a group of people find it Fair and Balance.  Fair and Balanced will always be subject to one's personal views. 

Obviously their marketing and product hits target with you and you don't even see it for what it is.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »
We are down to 5 major news sources and people talk about Fair and Balanced.

That's really funny.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »

NO.   That is not a fact, it is an Opinion based on a false premise.  They cater to a group of people find it Fair and Balance.  Fair and Balanced will always be subject to one's personal views. 

Obviously their marketing and product hits target with you and you don't even see it for what it is.

It's a fact when you look at all the liberal hosts, contributors, and analysts vs. conservative voices on other news stations.

Again, we can play semantics all day long, but I see Fox as BY FAR the most fair and balanced news outlet on TV.

Sheperd Smith, Allan Colmes, Geraldo Rivera, Kirstin Powers, Greta Van Sustran, and many others are not conservatives and either host their own 1 hour show IN PRIMETIME or are regular contributors in PRIMETIME.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »
It's a fact when you look at all the liberal hosts, contributors, and analysts vs. conservative voices on other news stations.

Again, we can play semantics all day long, but I see Fox as BY FAR the most fair and balanced news outlet on TV.

Sheperd Smith, Allan Colmes, Geraldo Rivera, Kirstin Powers, Greta Van Sustran, and many others are not conservatives and either host their own 1 hour show IN PRIMETIME or are regular contributors in PRIMETIME.

So let me get this right.  You believe FOX news is truly balanced and fair because of that?
 :)

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
More Fair and Balanced means having opposing views and differing opinions given equal time or close to it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but those are the facts.  Lets look at ABC, CBS, ABC, CNN ( a few conservatives, they are learning from Fox's formula) CNBC (1/2), BBC...Conservatives and times on TV please, go ahead....

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2008, 03:32:20 PM »
More Fair and Balanced means having opposing views and differing opinions given equal time or close to it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but those are the facts.  Lets look at ABC, CBS, ABC, CNN ( a few conservatives, they are learning from Fox's formula) CNBC (1/2), BBC...Conservatives and times on TV please, go ahead....

You are not busting my bubble.  I just can't believe you are so naive about it. 

News being "Fair and Balanced" goes far beyond the area of equal time and representation of 2 political ideologies among hosts and commentators.

I don't know if this is a good comparison, but that's like saying, the leading rusher on the Broncos is everything all of football is about and he's the best player in all of football.

and there are many ways you can manipulate equal representation in commentators:

-  You choose poor comentators to represent the view points you oppose
-  You scrutinize the subject matter
-  You end the debate in favor of your view point
-  the facilitator steers the debate in favor of their view point.

And then to say equal time and representation of 2 political ideologies among hosts and commentators is why Fox is fair and balanced while not taking into consideration the choice of the stories covered, the view points from guest covered, how the news is covered, the fact that there are only 5 American news sources, etc... is like ignoring there are 32 other NFL teams and 21 other positions plus special teams.

All the while forgetting that everything they show you on FOX is in part designed to reinforce why you watch them in the first place.

It's quite amazing to me that people actually fall for this crap.

But just like anything else in america, we are victims of advertising.   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
We all know that Denver employs a cut blocking scheme and that a dead body could rush for a thousand yards behind them.  The major vcable news stations all report the same news, its how its packaged that counts. I mentioned Blitzer and whiny because I was talking with my mom, and she said she mentioned somebody else on CNN but  hated Wolf because he looks wimpy. I had Blitzer in Afghanstan, he was at the embassy doing something and he complained about his crew, complained about the heat....he's a little bitch.

Fox packages the news best. Honestly this conversation is best had over a beer, in person. I've got plenty of great stories on some of these guys.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2008, 08:20:07 PM »
Again you don't get shit.

It comes down to money.

FOX is in the business of making money 1st, NOT reporting the news 1st.   The news is only a vehicle that they use to make MONEY.  All those guys you just talked about are there because they bring in ADVERTISING REVENUE. 

So to sit there and talk about how this guy is whiney and how FOX doesn't do gloom and doom only shows your play ground mentality.

He just disagrees with you.  That doesn't mean he doesn't "get it." 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2008, 11:34:11 AM »
We all know that Denver employs a cut blocking scheme and that a dead body could rush for a thousand yards behind them.  The major vcable news stations all report the same news, its how its packaged that counts. I mentioned Blitzer and whiny because I was talking with my mom, and she said she mentioned somebody else on CNN but  hated Wolf because he looks wimpy. I had Blitzer in Afghanstan, he was at the embassy doing something and he complained about his crew, complained about the heat....he's a little bitch.

Fox packages the news best. Honestly this conversation is best had over a beer, in person. I've got plenty of great stories on some of these guys.

I'd enjoy having a few beers with you and having this conversation.   However, Blitzer, whiney or not, doesn't have anything to do with my point in the first place.  That being said, i'm not surprised Blizter is a whiney bitch off the set.

Additionally,  FOX news is a product.  It's packaged for viewers.   So naturally, someone who is targeted by FOX, who shares the same or similar  view points will believe it;s fair and balance.   To say something that's a packaged product is "Fair and Balance" is like saying everything politician says is objective.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »
[...]Ozmo....funny u guys don't attack MSNBC when they go hard Left[...]

"Hard left"? And when has that happened? The media is overwhelmingly right-wing. Reagan's funeral was a 2 week-long televised lovefest for peace sake!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
"Hard left"? And when has that happened? The media is overwhelmingly right-wing. Reagan's funeral was a 2 week-long televised lovefest for peace sake!!

Hey, stop that.  I'm trying to ease them in gently   ;D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »
Hey, stop that.  I'm trying to ease them in gently   ;D

Let me know when you're done.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »
Murdoch.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »

Are you joking?  If not, why do you believe this? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2008, 12:46:12 AM »

I disagree.

FOX is Mccain TV, sure.
MSNBC is OBAMA TV, definitely.

CNN makes them both look sorta bad.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2008, 01:34:00 AM »
Atleast CNN has Lou Dobbs and Jack Cafferty.  Who the fuck does Fox News have?  Alan Colmes?  LOL Gimme a break!  Fox News sucks! 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »
I disagree.

FOX is Mccain TV, sure.
MSNBC is OBAMA TV, definitely.

CNN makes them both look sorta bad.

No, that is incorrect. The "hard left", meaning the anarchysts, communists and else, ARE NOT present in today's politics. What exists in today's Democratic party is a group of indecisive individuals who represent a very narrow spectrum of "leftist" politics. Both sides, be it democrat or republican, subscribe to the same principles, which is to keep the current status quo, which means to keep themselves in power. Whether the Constitution is the limit to their intentions or not is questionable, as in the case of Bush or Clinton. But I think that the fact that NONE of the candidates make it a point to articulate anything of substante in public should be a very BIG WARNING of whose purpose they serve. For example, Obama might be asked what he thinks of universal healthcare and all he'll say something like, without going into much detail or say what he WILL do, "I believe it is a step in the right direction", knowing full well that he will not do anything about something that affects the majority of Americans and benefit only a handfull of people. It's the same thing with McCain, although his side of the court contains people that are much more stupidly radical (the neo-cons) in their foreign policy strategies and in favor of total business deregulation, which is the equivalent of letting a fat kid into an ice-cream truck and letting him/her pick and choose as he/she likes.

I mean, it is obviously apparent that the US Government is no longer for The People. I guess this is something we can all, republican or democrat, agree on.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »
Are you joking?  If not, why do you believe this? 

No I'm not. The veil came out with the Reagan funeral. I mean, all the major broadcasting channels and newspapers had this aura that they've always professed a leftist view, when in actuality they've done exactly the opposite. I mean, when it comes to issues that they believe do not affect Big Business... then yeah, they'll show you the "leftist" side (racism, pedophilia, etc) but when there's a war or an invasion to be sold, they'll quickly, without hesitation line up with the right and suppress the truth. Some of the channels are now doing it with Iran... still!! They're selling the story because Big Business is tapping them in the shoulder and telling them "it's propaganda time!". And noone else taps people's shoulders better than the Republican party, because they are Big Business. Besides, if you believe Obama is anywhere closer to the "hard left" than McCain then your head is indeed up your ass.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
Be gentle    :o ;D