Author Topic: Dumbbell "side crunch/bend" ???  (Read 2657 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
;D

What's your training split like these days Croatch?

haha, Yes, complete fail for this guy :D  One that works well, single arm side crunches, using a cable.  Best for obliques.
My split now:
Chest/Tris
Hamstrings/Calves
off
Biceps/Forearms
Shoulders/Traps
off
Quads
Back
off
repeat
8 day split.  As with any routine, it's all diet, which I don't need to tell you.  All the supersets and strange routines are such a fraction of your gains.  If I'm going for size, I'll use more compound movements and take back cardio a bit...that's about it.
N

Moosejay

I remember in 80 or 81 or so Chris Dickerson was 40 lbs heavy just as he started training for the Olympia.  He would do 45 minutes non-stop twists.  If you do them right with your head facing forward at all times and twist till the end of the stick is facing forward without turning anything but your shoulders they work.  They were a staple of ab training back in the 70's and 80's.  Plus they keep you loose.

True...altho I never knew Dickerson got that far out of shape

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

Well I was sitting right next to him doing roman chairs while he was doing twists and that is what he told us he was overweight.  Never thought about it being false or whatever. 

Alex23

haha, Yes, complete fail for this guy :D  One that works well, single arm side crunches, using a cable.  Best for obliques.
My split now:
Chest/Tris
Hamstrings/Calves
off
Biceps/Forearms
Shoulders/Traps
off
Quads
Back
off
repeat
8 day split.  As with any routine, it's all diet, which I don't need to tell you.  All the supersets and strange routines are such a fraction of your gains.  If I'm going for size, I'll use more compound movements and take back cardio a bit...that's about it.

Nice routine, I really like it. Very well balanced and no re-impact on the muscle previously trained to slow down recuperation. You know your stuff. I think I will hit this split starting tomorow. Do you mind if I borrow?

I bet this prioritizes arms pretty good as well, which I need badly.

A true natural with 18" arms. 200lb lean at 5'8". Top Achiever, plain and simple.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Correct.  He and Bob Paris used to do cardio together every night.  They were both very lean back then.  I'm guessing they both put in a lot of hours.

Moosejay

Correct.  He and Bob Paris used to do cardio together every night.  They were both very lean back then.  I'm guessing they both put in a lot of hours.

Yes, considering early 80's cardio was not that in vogue

mass 04

• Getbig V
are you saying "bedroom gymnastics" was their cardio method of choice?

Alex23

are you saying "bedroom gymnastics" was their cardio method of choice?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Nice routine, I really like it. Very well balanced and no re-impact on the muscle previously trained to slow down recuperation. You know your stuff. I think I will hit this split starting tomorow. Do you mind if I borrow?

I bet this prioritizes arms pretty good as well, which I need badly.

A true natural with 18" arms. 200lb lean at 5'8". Top Achiever, plain and simple.
Real lean, I'd say 17".  Plus, due to my oversized head...that gives me another 5lb edge.  Thanks bro.
I find the routine to be decent.  I used to train legs all one day, but this obviously allows for more sets, and no quad fatigue when doing calves.
N

The Coach

Alex, if youre serious abut taking up powerlifting, you will dig these.  Great for the abdominal strength it takes to stabilize huge weights.

Jason

Yep, also helps correct any imbalances that will help keep injuries to a minimum.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
personally i think side bends are counter productive... if you want a thick wide waiste...
ant its always the "thicker" guys i see doing it

Yeah, I stopped doing them, just seemed to make my obliques bigger.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
I remember in 80 or 81 or so Chris Dickerson was 40 lbs heavy just as he started training for the Olympia.  He would do 45 minutes non-stop twists.  If you do them right with your head facing forward at all times and twist till the end of the stick is facing forward without turning anything but your shoulders they work.  They were a staple of ab training back in the 70's and 80's.  Plus they keep you loose.

I do those almost every workout. At first I thought they were something chicks do. Great for abs and lower back, buts also stretches the chest and delts well.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
Re: Dumbbell "side crunch/bend" ???
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 07:35:57 PM »
gayer than fisting with your friends out of curiousity.
I