Author Topic: Prolactin  (Read 1350 times)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Prolactin
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »
Is there any way to tell whether nipple sensitivity is from estrogen or prolactin? 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Prolactin
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
refer to vans post under mine :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 05:02:37 PM »
IMO there isn't something called "progesterone gyno" or "prolactin gyno". These are not scientific terms.

Read up:

http://www.endotext.org/male/male14/male14.htm

Which steroids increase prolactin isn't as cut and dry as some seem to think based on forum bro-telligence either. IIRC correctly estrogen drives up prolactin and adnrogens reduce it - tren doesn't aromatize.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:11:42 AM »
IMO there isn't something called "progesterone gyno" or "prolactin gyno". These are not scientific terms.

Read up:

http://www.endotext.org/male/male14/male14.htm

Which steroids increase prolactin isn't as cut and dry as some seem to think based on forum bro-telligence either. IIRC correctly estrogen drives up prolactin and adnrogens reduce it - tren doesn't aromatize.

Thanks for the link.  I will definitely read through that web page later today when I have time.  It looks like there is a lot of good information. 

I should have been a little more specific with my original question.  What is the likelyhood that my nipple sensitivity is from 200-400 mg of Deca per week on top of 500 mg of Test?  Those are the only compounds I am running at the moment. 

I am very sensitive to Test, and thought I had the Test aromatization under control via Aromasin.  So, that makes me wonder if it's the Deca...but at such a low dose?  And, I ran Deca alone years ago with no problems whatsoever...maybe I will just up the Aromasin slightly.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:18:45 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I will definitely read through that web page later today when I have time.  It looks like there is a lot of good information. 

I should have been a little more specific with my original question.  What is the likelyhood that my nipple sensitivity is from 200-400 mg of Deca per week on top of 500 mg of Test?  Those are the only compounds I am running at the moment. 

I am very sensitive to Test, and thought I had the Test aromatization under control via Aromasin.  So, that makes me wonder if it's the Deca...but at such a low dose?  And, I ran Deca alone years ago with no problems whatsoever...maybe I will just up the Aromasin slightly.

You could also try adding Nolvadex for a while to see if it helps. I can hear people saying, "but Nolva doesn't work for Progesterone/Prolactin gyno!" If you read the link you can see that estrogen and igf-1 are the major players in gyno formation. Without estrogen gyno will not develop. Nolvadex blocks ERs and lowers igf-1 as well so it could still help block gyno even if the offending steroid is something like Tren or Deca that doesn't aromatize. Some would immediately recommend some dopaminergics in your situation but those are a bit scary to me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
You could also try adding Nolvadex for a while to see if it helps. I can hear people saying, "but Nolva doesn't work for Progesterone/Prolactin gyno!" If you read the link you can see that estrogen and igf-1 are the major players in gyno formation. Without estrogen gyno will not develop. Nolvadex blocks ERs and lowers igf-1 as well so it could still help block gyno even if the offending steroid is something like Tren or Deca that doesn't aromatize. Some would immediately recommend some dopaminergics in your situation but those are a bit scary to me.

Are you talking about risk to heart and lungs Van?  What kind of doses are risky, or is it anything above zero?