Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62184 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2008, 07:36:16 AM »
 :)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »
Yo Musclecenter, where do you find this stuff?  I had a great time in Osaka and Kyoto!  I spent 5 days there and everyday was busy with seminars, personal training and promoting and selling of my DVD. I also guest appeared and had a booth at the Mr. Nippon contest. Talk about having tons of fans! My DVD, Pictures and shirts where selling off the hook. The Japanese bodybuilders are getting very knowledgeable about the sport and are making incredible progress with their physiques. I am good friends with the top three bodybuilders (Yano, Godo, Sue) that will represent Japan in the World Championships.  i would like to wish them the best of luck!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »
WHAT REP RANGE DO YOU USE, AND HOW MANY SETS CHRIS ?
175lbs by 31st July

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2008, 05:12:54 AM »
Yo Musclecenter, where do you find this stuff?  I had a great time in Osaka and Kyoto!  I spent 5 days there and everyday was busy with seminars, personal training and promoting and selling of my DVD. I also guest appeared and had a booth at the Mr. Nippon contest. Talk about having tons of fans! My DVD, Pictures and shirts where selling off the hook. The Japanese bodybuilders are getting very knowledgeable about the sport and are making incredible progress with their physiques. I am good friends with the top three bodybuilders (Yano, Godo, Sue) that will represent Japan in the World Championships.  i would like to wish them the best of luck!
MUSCLEMEDIAJAPAN
http://musclemediajapan.com/cf/index.html

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »
more pics

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
What exactly are you eating in that top pic? What kind of protein content?

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »
What exactly are you eating in that top pic? What kind of protein content?
No protein buddy all carbs, its called udon. A japanese thick noodle soup dish that taste fantastic.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2008, 04:24:37 AM »
mods please delete this thread, its clearly a pr stunt to sell dvd's. nothing more.

chris is abusing the trust placed in him  :'(

to have a q&a means to answer questions, not tell them buy his dvd.

i was going to buy one too, but i do not like things being pushed on me.

pity.
175lbs by 31st July

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
mods please delete this thread, its clearly a pr stunt to sell dvd's. nothing more.

pity.

Get a grip Fatpanda, who said anything about pushing DVD's?  I am here to share not to abuse.  If you can't take it get the hell off this thread. 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2008, 04:47:56 AM »
Get a grip Fatpanda, who said anything about pushing DVD's? 

you - in half of your posts on getbig.

175lbs by 31st July

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2008, 06:26:24 AM »
 Chris gives Japanese top bodybuilders instructions.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2008, 09:41:49 AM »
Hey Chris, since it's off season time, what's your diet like now? Is it essentially the same as in your DVD? Still eating peanut butter with every meal too? Looking good in those pics btw, it's amazing how you can maintain that conditioning year round.  Just got back from Hawaii BTW, I was unable to train at Powerhouse (I only have Gold's and 24 Hour Fitness passes) so I trained a few times at the 24 Hr on Kapiolani. I think I bumped into your first training client Tim Lee there. That's a BIG MOFO for sure! I'm not 100% sure if it was him or not, does he train at 24 Hr now? Gotta say, you're very lucky to be living in Hawaii btw, it's truly paradise there. I hope to move to Oahu one day there's no other place like it. Discovered the joys of the shrimp shacks along the north shore, and Matsumoto's Shaved Ice  ;D! Also found out why the tourist guides and books NEVER recommend any tourist attractions along the west shore of Oahu too!
Team Willet
Max-OT

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #187 on: October 13, 2008, 09:55:08 AM »
Hey Chris I just got done watching Chris Comier's The Real Deal tape and it shows him winning the overall in the 1993 Mr. USA.  It was wild to see you on that tape.  Your quad sweep is awesome!  John Simmons won the light-heavy weights and is one cool dude.  He is a judge out here in Michigan.  Here is a pic of big John and I at the Natural Northern Michigan's.  Anyway, I don't think you are pushing your DVD I just feel you are proud of it, and you should be.  It is an awesome DVD!!!!   

Here is a plug!  It is an awesome DVD.  No maybe they may want to throw me out too..

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »

pity.

get off the thread. youre the only one complaining.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #189 on: October 13, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »
Musclecenter, I give you props for finding these photos.  Yes, i did alot of personal training sessions while I was out there in Japan.  All the athletes are hungry for knowledge and willing to learn the lifestyle of a natural bodybuilder.  I had a blast!

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #190 on: October 13, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
Hey Chris, since it's off season time, what's your diet like now? Is it essentially the same as in your DVD? Still eating peanut butter with every meal too? Looking good in those pics btw, it's amazing how you can maintain that conditioning year round.  Just got back from Hawaii BTW, I was unable to train at Powerhouse (I only have Gold's and 24 Hour Fitness passes) so I trained a few times at the 24 Hr on Kapiolani. I think I bumped into your first training client Tim Lee there. That's a BIG MOFO for sure! I'm not 100% sure if it was him or not, does he train at 24 Hr now? Gotta say, you're very lucky to be living in Hawaii btw, it's truly paradise there. I hope to move to Oahu one day there's no other place like it. Discovered the joys of the shrimp shacks along the north shore, and Matsumoto's Shaved Ice  ;D! Also found out why the tourist guides and books NEVER recommend any tourist attractions along the west shore of Oahu too!
My offseason nutrition is very strict throughout the year.  I usually binge on a junk meal every Sunday with the family.  Yes, Tim Lee trains at 24 during the weekdays and trains at powerhouse with me on the weekends. I am trying to get him to enter a show but he's not into it.  Oh well. I am so luck to be living in paradise.  Hawaii is so special and so are the people.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
Hey Chris I just got done watching Chris Comier's The Real Deal tape and it shows him winning the overall in the 1993 Mr. USA.  It was wild to see you on that tape.  Your quad sweep is awesome!  John Simmons won the light-heavy weights and is one cool dude.  He is a judge out here in Michigan.  Here is a pic of big John and I at the Natural Northern Michigan's.  Anyway, I don't think you are pushing your DVD I just feel you are proud of it, and you should be.  It is an awesome DVD!!!!   

Here is a plug!  It is an awesome DVD.  No maybe they may want to throw me out too..
Wow, 1993 was an awesome year for the USA down in Santa Monica.  Everyone was there to win and so was I.  I brought the best package I could and thought Chris Cormier, John Simmons and Vinny Galanti was awesome in the posedown.  It was an honor to stand on stage and battle it out with them.  Can you believe that was 15 years ago and i am still at it.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »
Chris,

Hope all is well.  Love the DVD bro.  I have kinda a weird question that maybe you can answer.  When I first got into bodybuilding I really didn't care about winning the overall titles because I really never thought it was possible for a smaller guy to win.  Once I realized I could win through being in better condition than the competition I concentrated on being totally shredded for a show.  My question is this-is it kinda intimidating to be backstage with three larger weight classes pumping up?  I know you focus on you and what you need to be doing like pumping up, getting the spray right, etc.  but isn't it only natural to be a little psyched out.  I recently did a show where every guy who weighed in looked like a monster and it kinda messed with me.  I ended up winning the most muscular in that show, that was totally crazy, for sure.  Talk about a change of events.  I was just wondering if you had any tricks to share.  My training partner said if you ever look around and get intimidated look at certain parts like the oblique's or the glute's and hams of the other competitor's and you will see a lot are out of shape and this really did help me relax.  I do focus on me and I am full of concentration and not just looking all around but I think it is only human to be a little in awe of the other weight classes.  Thanks a lot.  I am a big fan and supporter of you and your family Joe Leahy..

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »
Chris,

Hope all is well.  Love the DVD bro.  I have kinda a weird question that maybe you can answer.  When I first got into bodybuilding I really didn't care about winning the overall titles because I really never thought it was possible for a smaller guy to win.  Once I realized I could win through being in better condition than the competition I concentrated on being totally shredded for a show.  My question is this-is it kinda intimidating to be backstage with three larger weight classes pumping up?  I know you focus on you and what you need to be doing like pumping up, getting the spray right, etc.  but isn't it only natural to be a little psyched out.  I recently did a show where every guy who weighed in looked like a monster and it kinda messed with me.  I ended up winning the most muscular in that show, that was totally crazy, for sure.  Talk about a change of events.  I was just wondering if you had any tricks to share.  My training partner said if you ever look around and get intimidated look at certain parts like the oblique's or the glute's and hams of the other competitor's and you will see a lot are out of shape and this really did help me relax.  I do focus on me and I am full of concentration and not just looking all around but I think it is only human to be a little in awe of the other weight classes.  Thanks a lot.  I am a big fan and supporter of you and your family Joe Leahy..
Like you said it is only human to look and be in awe with your competition back stage.  I am always looking at others that I will be on stage with and try to convince myself that I am better then all of them.  I try to play my own game by focusing in on what i need to do and stay calm before hitting the stage.  Everyone goes through this so don't be alarmed.  Stay focus, get a good pump, oil down properly and pose, pose, pose......Overall baby!!!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »
Thank you Chris.  I admire your courage to be honest.  I hope someday to meet you and have you put me threw a workout.  Man, I love peanut butter too when I am dieting.  I could feel your hunger in that DVD, crazy....  I have to have my two scoops and get away and fast.  One day I had a new jar at work I had two scoops and keep staring at it on my shelve.  I finally just threw it in a huge dumpster.  Three hours later I was back at the store for my two scoops.  I must admit after that It went in the same dumpster.  A waste yes!  Totally, but the five dollars was worth the win....

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
Thank you Chris.  I admire your courage to be honest.  I hope someday to meet you and have you put me threw a workout.  Man, I love peanut butter too when I am dieting.  I could feel your hunger in that DVD, crazy....  I have to have my two scoops and get away and fast.  One day I had a new jar at work I had two scoops and keep staring at it on my shelve.  I finally just threw it in a huge dumpster.  Three hours later I was back at the store for my two scoops.  I must admit after that It went in the same dumpster.  A waste yes!  Totally, but the five dollars was worth the win....
I feel you bro, keep training hard and win!

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »
Chris, I was just curious have you ever had any elbow or tendinitis problems?  If you have what supplements do (did) you take to heal the problem?  What was the worst injury or scare you have had in gym in terms of soreness or pulls?  I am just curious as I get older my joints are really starting to bother me.  I keep my reps up now and have lightened up the weight a bit but I miss moves like skull crushers etc.  Thanks.  I know in the DVD you explain a few supplements.  Do they change off-season to pre-contest?  King Kamali has helped me in this area with the addition of Udo's Oil and it has helped a little.  Thanks Chris.  Joe Leahy of www.ironjoeleahy.com.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »
Chris, I was just curious have you ever had any elbow or tendinitis problems?  If you have what supplements do (did) you take to heal the problem?  What was the worst injury or scare you have had in gym in terms of soreness or pulls?  I am just curious as I get older my joints are really starting to bother me.  I keep my reps up now and have lightened up the weight a bit but I miss moves like skull crushers etc.  Thanks.  I know in the DVD you explain a few supplements.  Do they change off-season to pre-contest?  King Kamali has helped me in this area with the addition of Udo's Oil and it has helped a little.  Thanks Chris.  Joe Leahy of www.ironjoeleahy.com.
Joe, at my young age of 42 and with 28 years of pounding the iron you can bet that my joints are screaming with every set, just part of the game my friend.  I've been fortunate to not have any serious injuries that would hold me back from doing any movements but I do everything possible to stay injury free. I use Joint fuel by Twinlab everyday and I wear protective sleeves on my elbows and knees when training. I also ice my joints down for 20 minutes when I get home from the gym and make sure to warm up before all training sessions. Good luck.

atombombbis

• Getbig II
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2008, 05:54:41 AM »

fanny pak?.....really? in 2008? that must be the last one in excistence....lol

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2008, 08:37:33 AM »
Joe, at my young age of 42 and with 28 years of pounding the iron you can bet that my joints are screaming with every set, just part of the game my friend.  I've been fortunate to not have any serious injuries that would hold me back from doing any movements but I do everything possible to stay injury free. I use Joint fuel by Twinlab everyday and I wear protective sleeves on my elbows and knees when training. I also ice my joints down for 20 minutes when I get home from the gym and make sure to warm up before all training sessions. Good luck.

Thanks....