Author Topic: Mullen: Can’t have more troops in Afghanistan ‘until I have a reduced requiremen  (Read 783 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Yeah we are no where near over extended.     ::)

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/02/mullen-cant-have-more-troops-in-afghanistan-until-i-have-a-reduced-requirement-in-iraq/

Mullen: Can’t have more troops in Afghanistan ‘until I have a reduced requirement in Iraq.’
June 2008 was the deadliest month of the Afghanistan war and the second straight month that the number of troops killed there surpassed that of Iraq. “It has been a tough month in Afghanistan,” President Bush acknowledged today. This morning, Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen said he cannot send more troops to Afghanistan until there are further troop reductions in Iraq:

MULLEN: What I said in my statement is also important as a part of that calculus, which is, I don’t have troops I can reach for, brigades I can reach to send into Afghanistan until I have a reduced requirement in Iraq.

nlike the insurgency in Iraq, we don’t have enough troops there to hold,” he added later, when asked about the Taliban’s growth.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The Bush administration doesn't believe in math

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
math is the tool of the devil.

this brings me back to the asshat I debated with months ago who said we're nowhere near extended. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
math is the tool of the devil.

this brings me back to the asshat I debated with months ago who said we're nowhere near extended. 

I know, i read this and chuckled.   "no where near over extended"     ;D (aside from the mountains of stuff that already we were near over extended)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Perhaps this Admiral is just a lying lib?

Maybe we'll see him on FOX news today with yellowed teeth and an exaggerated nose.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Perhaps this Admiral is just a lying lib?

Maybe we'll see him on FOX news today with yellowed teeth and an exaggerated nose.

;D!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Maybe u warriors should join up. Here's a little secret....there are only 3 full Divisions that rotate through Afghanistan, plus the 173rd out of Italy. We don't send guys from Hood or Carson, nobody from Sill. We don't send Strkyers. Nobody from Riley either. We send light Infantry units fit for mountain combat. So unless somebody wants to bring back the 7th Inf or any of the other units we had before Clinton waxed em, please be my guest.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
Maybe u warriors should join up. Here's a little secret....there are only 3 full Divisions that rotate through Afghanistan, plus the 173rd out of Italy. We don't send guys from Hood or Carson, nobody from Sill. We don't send Strkyers. Nobody from Riley either. We send light Infantry units fit for mountain combat. So unless somebody wants to bring back the 7th Inf or any of the other units we had before Clinton waxed em, please be my guest.

Oh so we are still blaming Clinton...... ::)