Author Topic: MMMmmmmmmmmm!!  (Read 947 times)

The Coach

MMMmmmmmmmmm!!
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:42 PM »
LIMBAUGH SIGNS THROUGH 2016; $400 MILLION DEAL SHATTERS BROADCAST RECORDS

Wed Jul 02 2008 09:02:18 ET
**Exclusive**

The American broadcast industry is rocked, realigned and blasted into a new orbit, yet again, by Rush Limbaugh, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In what is being described as an unprecedented radio contract, Limbaugh will keep his syndicated show on-the-air and e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e through 2016 with CLEAR CHANNEL and PREMIERE RADIO.

Already host of the most lucrative hours since radio's inception, Limbaugh's total package is valued north of $400 million, according to media insiders.

The NEW YORK TIMES will claim this weekend that Limbaugh, marking 20 years this summer as a national host, has secured a 9-figure signing bonus for the new deal, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

MORE

In its controversial profile, the TIMES reports that Limbaugh is buying a new G550 jet and is making an estimated $38 million a year.

[The cover photo of the TIMES Sunday magazine depicts Limbaugh 'dark and sinister' in a theme of THE GODFATHER.]

While newspapers and traditional broadcast media are experiencing declining revenues, Limbaugh's golden microphone has turned diamond-laced:

Earnings now pace him ahead of the annual salaries for network news anchors: Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer — combined!
MORE

The deal represents a stunning triumph over the establishment by an outsider who connected with and captured the spirit of the nation's heartland.

Developing...
 ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: MMMmmmmmmmmm!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:12:55 AM »
One thing you might not want to accept about Rush is that he wants a dem in office.  He knows his audience will go through the roof.  This deal may saysomething of the direction some expect the country to go.  2016 lol...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »
I bet Coach pinned the article next to his RUSH shrine in his house.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 06:59:11 AM »
Hell, I'd talk like an asshole for $400 million too.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 07:04:25 AM »
Hell, I'd talk like an asshole for $400 million too.

Hell, you do that for free.
 ;D   J/k

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:16:12 AM »
 ;D   J/k

You're right. Ron should sign me to a 7-figure posting deal. 3 years, $10 million with $5 guaranteed.  ;D

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:00:51 AM »
 ;D   J/k

LOL!!