Author Topic: Morning cardio  (Read 12306 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Morning cardio
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
watch out, you are burning....

::) ::) ::) SKELETAL MUSCLE  ::) ::) ::)
not familiar with the term, huh benz? its okay, english isnt your first language

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 02:40:37 PM »
i wouldnt do cardio straight after a workout. thats dumb. after a workout you need to get protein and food in your system. thats the worst time you could do cardio...straight after a workout. (even if you drink  a protein shake in between)

as for what you do and dont do. doesnt interest me at all.  ;)

This is a reprint, both you and Candizzle need to read and comprehend this. Candizzle had seen this but I dont think he read it or understood it if he did.

Have you ever noticed the ultra-lean, heavily muscled physiques of sprint type athletes (100m runners, running backs, speed skaters) and wondered why your training hasn't produced such a result? After all, you train with weights 3-5x per week to build muscle. And you do a couple of moderate intensity cardio workouts to burn fat. So why don't you look better than these athletes? All they do is spend the bulk of their time running around a track. So why are their pecs, arms, and abs better defined than yours?

Well, there are a few answers to these questions. The first answer is, as you might have suspected, genetics. While many athletes would have you believe that their hours of hard training have made them into the athlete that they are today, the truth is that they did get a kick start from their chromosomes. You see, successful athletes are born with great potential for their sport. Then, while playing, as a kid, they began to self-select certain sports that they are good at. Add in a solid training regimen and their inherent potential shines.

But there's another side to the question. Although these athletes are born with an advantage, one that allows them to develop muscle and burn fat more easily than most, we can't underestimate the importance of their hard training. By targeting the muscle fibers that contribute to explosive power as well as training the anaerobic energy systems (ATP-PC system and glycolytic system), these athletes can't help but get bigger, stronger, and leaner. And if you apply the tricks I'm going to teach you in parts 1 and 2 of this article, you'll get bigger, stronger, and leaner too.

The Anaerobic Energy Systems

First, let's define our terms. If you're familiar with the term "aerobic", you'll know that it means "with oxygen". Therefore, aerobic energy systems are systems in the body in which energy (ATP) is generated from the consumption of oxygen. Simple enough.

Now, the opposite of "aerobic" is "anaerobic" which, by definition, means "without oxygen". Therefore, anaerobic energy systems are systems in the body in which energy (ATP) is generated from non-oxidative sources. Now this is where it gets hairy.

From the aforementioned definitions it would appear that these two energy systems were mutually exclusive; only one is active at a time. And in fact, once upon a time, in a land far, far away, researchers believed that no oxygen was used to make ATP during anaerobic exercise. Thus the name. However, current research shows that even during the most "anaerobic" of events, the aerobic system (with oxygen) is also activated (to a small extent).

With that said, it's important to realize what determines the ability of the body to go "with" or "without" oxygen. Well, the main two determinants are intensity and duration. Here's an illustration of these variables in action.

As I'm sure that you all know, if you're on the track and you start to run really fast, for the first few seconds you'll feel quite explosive. But after just 3-10 seconds, some of that explosiveness will subside and you'll slow down a bit. Still pushing hard though, yet getting progressively slower, about 15-20 seconds into the run, your muscles will begin to burn and you'll have to slow down even more. Finally, due to the burning and fatigue, you'll either have to work your way down to a slow paced jog or you'll have to stop altogether. Why does this occur, you might ask? Well, check out the following chart:

Anaerobic System

Time To: ATP-PC Glycolytic Aerobic System
Peak Power/System <1sec. 20sec. 2-3min.
Maintenance of Peak 10sec. 20sec. 3min.
Total Capacity  10-30sec. 1-2min. hours
Full Time For Recovery 3min. 1-2hr. 24hr.-48hr.
½ Time For Recovery 30sec. 15-20min. 5-6hr.

So what's the chart mean? Well, in it you'll find the actual values for the duration of each energy system (assuming that you work within the appropriate intensity domain). Now, I want you to notice something very specific in the chart above. If you're perceptive you'll have realized that I've not only listed the differences between the anaerobic systems and the aerobic systems, but I've also listed two types of anaerobic systems; ATP-PC and glycolytic. Let me explain the difference between the two.

The ATP-PC system is so-called because the provision of energy at very high intensities is dependent only on stored ATP already in the muscles and on the ability of the muscle's very limited amount of phosphocreatine (PC) to regenerate the ATP as it gets used up. Since these stores are limited, as you might imagine, as the ATP and the PC become depleted, the body has to slow down. Therefore, as you can see in the chart, this system has only a limited ability to generate ATP as the peak power of the system occurs at the 1-second mark and the system only has a capacity of 30 seconds. However, the rate of ATP generation is the fastest of the three and that's why this system is so important for high intensity exercise. When using the ATP-PC anaerobic energy system, you can generate a lot of power for a very short period of time. A 100m sprint is run within the ATP-PC domain.

The Glycolytic anaerobic energy system is so-called because the provision of energy from this system is dependent on muscle glycogen (carbohydrate stores). As you can see in the chart, the glycolytic system provides ATP generating power for longer than the ATP-PC system but it's ability to sustain high intensity exercise is also limited in that the total capacity of this system is 2 minutes.

So the bottom line is that in order to generate power during high intensity exercise, the anaerobic energy system first utilizes stored ATP, then PC, and then muscle glycogen. Well, hold on though! In looking at the substrates used during anaerobic work (ATP, PC, glycogen) you'll notice that fat is mysteriously missing from the list. Does that mean that I'm spending all this time writing about a form of exercise that burns no fat? No way! Listen up.

The interesting thing with anaerobic training is that although very little fat is burned during the short, high intensity efforts, quite a bit of fat is burned in the recovery time between efforts. Therefore by effectively training the anaerobic system (via interval workouts), you'll be dropping large amounts of fat as well.

The Benefits of Training The Anaerobic Energy Systems

While training the anaerobic energy systems is clearly be of benefit for enhancing athletic performance, there are many other non-athletic benefits as well:

1) This type of training is very calorie expensive. Short, 30-minute workouts can burn in excess of 400kcal during the exercise. While carbohydrates provide much of the fuel used during the high intensity interval, fat is also burned preferentially during the low intensity aerobic recovery period between the high intensity intervals.

2) The post exercise calorie expenditure is huge with this type of exercise. In some studies the resting metabolic rate remains elevated (by 15% or more) up to 24 hours after the workout. Interestingly, after exercise the body preferentially burns fat so this elevated metabolism is burning predominantly fat.

3) This exercise leads to an up regulation of aerobic, anaerobic, and ATP-PC enzyme activity. This means that all the energy systems of the body will operate at higher levels and become efficient at burning calories and generating energy.

4) The muscles used during this type of exercise will change their composition, shifting toward an increased percentage of fast twitch fibers. This increase in power-producing fast fibers comes at the expense of the weaker slow twitch ones. The shift is desired as the fast fibers grow more easily than the slow fibers.

5) There is an increase in specific muscle cell organelles (i.e. the sarcoplasmic reticulum). This leads to a better calcium balance and contractile ability.

6) There are short-lived increases in blood testosterone (38%) and growth hormone concentrations immediately after exercise. While this is debatable, these changes may contribute to an anabolic state in the body.

So What Are We Waiting For?

For the optimal application of anaerobic training in order to improve body composition, here is a model that I've found particularly successful. I have also used this program for off-season conditioning in my athletes.

Day 1 - 1.5 hours of Resistance Training (Upper Body - Pushing Type Exercises)
Day 2 - *30 minutes of Anaerobic Interval Training (Rowing)
Day 3 - 1.5 hours of Resistance Training (Lower Body)
Day 4 - *30 minutes of Anaerobic Interval Training (Cycling)
Day 5 - 1.5 hours of Resistance Training (Upper Body - Pulling Type Execises)
Day 6 - *30 minutes of Anaerobic Interval Training (Running)
Day 7 - Rest

*The anaerobic training activities are varied in order to activate different muscles from one workout to the next.

In structuring your interval days, here are some suggestions.

1) Before beginning such a program, be sure to experiment with high intensity exercise. If you have never tried such exercise before, you are in for a surprise - it's difficult.

2) Use a 1:3 ratio of exercise to recovery (i.e. for every 1 second you sprint, rest for 3 seconds).

3) To maximally activate your anaerobic glycolytic system, your exercise duration should be 30s to 60s. As a result your recovery will be between 90s and 180s.

4) Intensity is key to the success of this program. If your intensity is too low during the exercise, you will not realize the full training adaptation. If intensity is too high, you won't be able to complete the workout. You'll have to play around with the intensity until you get it right.

5) Your exercise intensity should be more than double that of your recovery intensity for 60s bouts and more than triple for 30s bouts. For example, if running at 11mph for 60s during your exercise interval, you should be running at approximately 5.5 mph for 180s during your recovery interval. Likewise if you're cycling at 350 watts for 30s during your exercise interval, your recovery should be at about 100 watts for 90s during your recovery interval.

6) When increasing the intensity from one workout to the next, be sure to increase the work. Do not increase the exercise duration or decrease the duration of the recovery. If the exercise to recovery ratio drops below 1:3, you'll lose power during your exercise interval and the activity becomes more aerobic.

Here is an example of these rules in action from one of my client records.

Day 2 - Rowing
5-minute warm-up followed by 7 sets of the following:
60 seconds at 250 watts*
180 seconds at 125 watts

Day 4 - Cycling
5-minute warm-up followed by 15 sets of the following:
30 seconds at 300 watts (level 12)*
90 seconds at 100 watts (level 2)

Day 6 - Running
5-minute warm-up followed by 7 sets of the following:
60 seconds at 11mph*
180 seconds at 5.5 mph

*If it's easy to maintain the same workout output for the full 30 minutes, increase the work (watts or speed) for the next workout. Increase the intensity to the point that it becomes difficult to complete all the sets at the prescribed intensity. Just like with resistance training, use progressive overload to continually improve.

So there you have it. A new model for improving body composition that's very effective and doesn't involve boring hours of your life spent on the cardio equipment. Give this program a try and the next time you're admiring the physique of a well-trained anaerobic athlete, it may be your own.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
 your article is comparing sprinterrs to marathon runners joe.

both are doing high intensity cardio. of course the sprinter, who is doing shorter duration, is going to hold more muscle.

but compare a sprinter to a bodybuilder.

;)

The Coach

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 02:44:11 PM »
Again;

The difference between cardio training and aerobic training

This is important to understand. Cardio refers to any exercise in which the heart and lungs are involved. This could be jogging, running, sprinting, swimming, circuit training etc. Quite simply – if you are elevating your heart rate and respiration rate, you are doing some form of cardiovascular work.

Aerobic training refers to a state in which the cardiovascular work is performed. Aerobic literally means ‘with oxygen’. It is a relatively low intensity state of exercise that can be maintained almost indefinitely (as long as oxygen is being supplied to the working muscles, in the required amounts – the exercise can be continued. This is aerobic training.

All aerobic training is cardiovascular training. Not all cardiovascular training is aerobic. Hopefully that makes sense.

Steady State Aerobics – why it hasn’t worked

Let’s think of all the reasons steady state aerobic training is supposed to burn fat.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1)     <!--[endif]-->It burns calories. Good. I’ll buy that. How does it burn calories? Because the muscles are hard at work and demand extra oxygen to help them continue working. Hmmm. There are a ton of activities such as weight training, sprinting, sleeping, talking watching TV that ALSO burn calories by requiring work from the muscles. So no extra points for aerobic training.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->2)     <!--[endif]-->The fat burning zone. Nope. Sorry – it doesn’t exist. The fat burning zone is a concept that the body burns a greater amount of fat at lower intensity aerobic exercise than it does at higher intensities. This is a misinterpretation. It’s true that the body burns a greater percentage of fat at lower intensities than at higher intensities, but taking this to its logical conclusion – the body will burn a greater amount of fat as a percentage lying on the couch than doing anything else right? And we know how good lying on the couch works for fat loss. It’s the “as a percentage” line. At lower intensities the body may burn 50% of the calories from fat, while at higher intensities it may only burn 35% of calories from fat. BUT at higher intensities you burn way more total calories, and more fat calories overall than you do at lower intensities. Think about a real world example – are sprinters (running 10-20s) fatter than marathon runners (2-2.5 hours of running). No. Actually sprinters carry less body fat than distance runners due to their muscle mass.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->3)     <!--[endif]-->Aerobics makes your body an “efficient fat burning machine”. True but this isn’t a desirable response. The ONLY tissue that burns fat in the body is muscle. Yes – aerobic training does demand work from the muscles, but not as much as other activities. Aerobic training doesn’t require the muscle tissue to stay around either. Aerobic training makes muscles more efficient at using fat (don’t get excited – if your car became more efficient at burning gas – you’d be using less of it).
So if muscle is the only tissue that burns fat, and aerobic training makes it smaller and more efficient at burning fat, then essentially you are creating a smaller, more efficient fat burning machine. That’s not effective.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->4)     <!--[endif]-->Aerobic training raises your metabolism. I’ll cover this in more detail later but the short answer is no it doesn’t. Metabolism is largely a function of how much muscle you carry. As aerobics does nothing to even maintain muscle, never mind build muscle, it will do nothing to contribute to raising your metabolism at rest. Sure, you’ll burn calories while you’re doing it, but will you burn any more at rest as a result of doing aerobics? No. And as you’ll find out later, you may actually burn less.

The adaptation conundrum

The body literally adapts to anything we attempt to do by responding in the reverse manner. Don’t drink any water? Your body tries to retain water. Does weight training build muscle? No it doesn’t. What actually occurs is a breakdown of muscle tissue and the body ADAPTS by building muscle.

So if you burn a ton of calories doing aerobic training, that same body adapts to aerobic exercise by slowing your metabolism and allowing your body to store more fat. Same body – same system.

The biggest problem with aerobic training is that you get better at it. In weight training, as you get better, you add more weight or more reps and there is literally no finish line. In aerobic training, the work required to run 5 miles will become less and less as you get fitter. So to continue to improve you either go further (do more work for the same amount of calories) or you run it faster. Going further kind of defeats the purpose. Is there much joy in running 40 mins to burn the calories you once burned in 30 mins? And going faster involves the same problem. Eventually, the new speed becomes too easy for you and you have to go more intense to get the same benefits. Now as I mentioned, there is no end point with weight training. However there is an end point with aerobic training. You will reach an intensity eventually that will be the end of the aerobic zone. Quite simply going any harder will send your body into the anaerobic zone. So at some point you’re not doing aerobics any more. So, if you have to stop doing it at some point to get the benefits you seek why not do anaerobic work to begin with?

Metabolism

Your metabolism or your metabolic rate is what determines how many calories you burn each day – or more importantly for the purposes of this book – how many you need to maintain your current weight. Your metabolism is quite simply how many calories you burn in a typical day. It is affected and controlled by your thyroid, and is largely a factor of your muscle mass. To break it down further – every pound of muscle you put on requires  calories per day to maintain. doesn’t take into account the calories burned in training to develop that muscle, or the calories burned in training to keep that muscle – these  calories are just the amount needed by that muscle to just sit there.

So in order to really get the athletic look we want to develop, the key is not just how many calories we can burn during exercise, it’s how many calories we can force the body to burn all the time. Raising your metabolism is the real key in long term fat loss and physique change.

Caloric expenditure

In order to lose body fat, you must burn off more calories than you consume. Despite the proliferation of diets- low carbohydrate, low fat, high protein, high carbohydrate etc this simple rule remains. I don’t want to talk about nutrition here as this is more than adequately covered in another chapter in this book, but suffice to say the caloric balance is still important.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard people say “I barely eat anything – I eat like a bird and I still gain weight”. Oh really. You are eating fewer calories than you need and your body is gaining weight? Impossible. This violates the law of thermodynamics. Usually it’s a case of not really being aware of how much you are actually eating. Because let’s face it – if your body was capable of producing body weight from nothing, then we better get you sent over to NASA or UNICEF immediately – with magical genes like yours, we might just be able to solve the Third World’s hunger problem.

Fat loss is all about caloric expenditure. We must burn more calories than we take in, and the real key to doing this, as mentioned before, is not aerobic training, which will burn calories while you are doing it, its anaerobic training, which burns calories while you are doing it AND increases the calories burned for hours afterwards. In the case of weight training, if we build muscle and keep it, that burns calories forever more. Even when you sleep!

The key with anaerobic training is what is known as EPOC. Anaerobic exercise burns a ton of calories while you are performing it. However, the metabolism remains elevated following this type exercise. This was, at one time, referred to as the oxygen debt, but is now referred to as the excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). The recovery of the metabolic rate back to pre-exercise levels can require several minutes for light exercise (aerobic training), several hours for very heavy exercise (anaerobic cardio training), and up to 12 to 24 hours or even longer for prolonged, exhaustive exercise (interval training or circuit weight training).

The EPOC can add up to a substantial energy expenditure when totaled over the entire period of recovery. If the oxygen consumption following exercise remains elevated by an average of only 50 ml/min or 0.05 liter/min, this will amount to approximately 0.25 kcal/min or 15 kcal/hr. If the metabolism remains elevated for five hours, this would amount to an additional expenditure of 75 kcal that would not normally be included in the calculated total energy expenditure for that particular activity. This major source of energy expenditure, which occurs during recovery, but is directly the result of the exercise bout, is frequently ignored in most calculations of the energy cost of various activities. If the individual in this example exercised five days per week, he or she would have expended 375 kcal, or lost the equivalent of approximately 0.1 pounds of fat in one week, or 1.0 pounds in 10 weeks, just from the additional caloric expenditure during the recovery period alone. This is the key to maximizing the return on your exercise investment.

The next obvious idea is – if you trained the next day while your metabolism is still elevated, will we have an even higher return – is the effect accumulative? Is the whole greater than the sum of the parts?

Science has yet to give us an answer, however in the real world, I think so. I have seen amazing results with my clients using this exact protocol.

Interval training

So is there a better way of performing cardio workouts to prevent these adaptations, and rapidly improve fat loss results? Yes. The key is to perform what is known as interval training.

Interval training simply refers to a series of intense activity separated with short rest periods. Through using interval training you are able to exercise at a higher intensity without getting tired. In other words – because we alternate the periods of high intensity work, with periods of lower intensity work – you are able to do much more work in the same time period than you were before.

The beauty of this is as you improve, the work intervals can get harder and harder, and the recovery intervals can be shortened, or performed at a higher speed. In fact, there is no end in site, and no downside to interval training (other than it is really hard).

The AFTERBURN ENERGY SYSTEM Routine

This can be performed using any cardiovascular machine, and I suggest that you use them all. Multi-mode cardio (where you change the machine or type of activity regularly) has been shown in the research to be another more effective factor. So as a general guideline, don’t use the same cardio machine two workouts in a row.

The Routine:

Warm up for five minutes

Round:            Perform 1 minute as fast as you can (a level 9 or 10 intensity – on a scale of 1-10).

Recover at a moderate pace for two minutes (a level 6-7 intensity).

That’s one “round” – and it lasts three minutes

Cool down for five minutes

Now alongside the weight training and nutrition program included in this e-book – I also want you to perform the Afterburn Energy System Routine several times each week. These workouts can be done after your weight training workouts, later the same day or on separate days. What I don’t want you to do is to perform these routines BEFORE weight training. This will reduce the effectiveness of your program.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Weeks One to Four:       Perform three rounds, three times per week.

The total cardio time will be 19 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Weeks Five to Eight:      Perform four rounds, four times per week.

The total cardio time will be 22 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Weeks Nine to Twelve:     Perform five rounds, four times per week.

The total cardio time will be 25 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Weeks Thirteen to Sixteen:        Perform six rounds, five times per week.

The total cardio time will be 28 mins per workout including warm up and cool down.

This type of cardio training performed as prescribed, typically results in a 1-2lb fat loss per week. So over a sixteen week period, depending on your dedication to nutrition, supplementation and your weight training routine, we are looking at a possible loss of at least 16-30 plus lbs of fat.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »
post workou is arguably THE BEST time you can do cardio.

theres no reason to rush straight to a protein shake.

... the growth signals from training dont dissapate in 45 mins..  :D

and as long as your no training on AN EMPTY STOMACH (lol !) youll have protein digesting in your intestines while your doing the post workout cardio ... so "muscle wasting" is a total non issue

lol you have no idea what your talking about.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »
 walking on a treadmill doesnt boost metabolic rate after you get off a treadmill

to you, coach, this is a NEGATIVE

to me, candidizzle, this is a POSITIVE

do you know why sprinting enhances metabolic rate  post workout?

because it requires RECOVERY

i would like to save all my RECOOPERATIVE abilities for recovering from my RESISTANCE TRAINING..
not from my cardio

cardio= burn fat
training=enhance metabolism, grow muscle
diet= week to week goal of building muscle or losing fat

The Coach

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »
your article is comparing sprinterrs to marathon runners joe.

both are doing high intensity cardio. of course the sprinter, who is doing shorter duration, is going to hold more muscle.

but compare a sprinter to a bodybuilder.

;)

No it's just an example between sprinters and marathon runner or endurance athletes.

Ok, lets quickly compare a sprinter to a bodybuilder. Bodybuilder fast twitch, sprinter fast twitch, sprinter, interval training or HIIT (fast twitch) Bodybuilder aerobic (slow twitch).

Educated commonsense would tell you to never train fast twitch with slow twitch.

The Coach

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »

Technically he's correct. Again, what do base this on if it's wrong?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

fat mobilization is going to be highest post training... your blod volume will be higher, your glycogen will be lower, your heart rate will be up, and form your first step on the treadmille youll be mobolizing fat

its not ME who has no idea what they are talking about.. SLAVE  ;D

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »
walking on a treadmill doesnt boost metabolic rate after you get off a treadmill

to you, coach, this is a NEGATIVE

to me, candidizzle, this is a POSITIVE

do you know why sprinting enhances metabolic rate  post workout?

because it requires RECOVERY

i would like to save all my RECOOPERATIVE abilities for recovering from my RESISTANCE TRAINING..
not from my cardio

cardio= burn fat
training=enhance metabolism, grow muscle
diet= week to week goal of building muscle or losing fat

Read the above articles. I don't think you did.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
Read the above articles. I don't think you did.
i dont want my cardio to in any way get in the way of any of my muscle development and growth

sprinting is most definitely going to DIRECTLY interfere with leg growth, and indirectly im sure its gonna hurt the rets of my muscles growth and recovery as well

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »
even joebrother is having fun with our PHD PT MASTER OF ARTS CANDIJIZZLE, awesome

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
Dizzle, did you just say "directly interfere with leg development"?

Good God boy where do you come with this shit??

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 07:17:50 PM »

He's a PT, just like you, difference is that he got his diploma by email and you got it in a classroom, so you can figure now  why his knowledge is so superior.  ;)

SKELETAL MUSCLE  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 09:35:15 PM »

hell yeah it will

you dont think doing sprints is going to hinder leg development if you are already training quads hams and calves to the point of total exhaustion ?

..if your routine calls for legs to be trained every 6 days... and that is just rigth to allow for full recovery...and all the sudden on day 3 every cycle you are throwing SPRINTS...you will be overtraining your legs... you wont be growing as fast

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 09:40:15 PM »
hell yeah it will

you dont think doing sprints is going to hinder leg development if you are already training quads hams and calves to the point of total exhaustion ?

..if your routine calls for legs to be trained every 6 days... and that is just rigth to allow for full recovery...and all the sudden on day 3 every cycle you are throwing SPRINTS...you will be overtraining your legs... you wont be growing as fast

::) ::) ::) burning skeletal muscle  ::) ::) ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »

The Coach

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2008, 10:40:45 PM »
hell yeah it will

Oh.........my........... ...God :-[

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »
skeletal muscle is having a meltdown :(

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »

LOL!!

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
;D

newmom

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 05:31:52 AM »
I just drink my cup of coffee while driving to the gym at 4:45am. My cardio workout is up to an hour an half

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2008, 05:34:15 AM »
Technically he's correct. Again, what do base this on if it's wrong?

common sense and more. after a workout your 'catabolic' until you get protein into you system. and if your looking for hypertrophy why would you wait before you eat just to burn a few grams of fat?

your guys arent looking at the big picture.

again you have the info but you cant apply it correctly.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 05:40:38 AM »
fat mobilization is going to be highest post training... your blod volume will be higher, your glycogen will be lower, your heart rate will be up, and form your first step on the treadmille youll be mobolizing fat

its not ME who has no idea what they are talking about.. SLAVE  ;D

so what? all that has to be balanced vs hypertrophy. why wait before you eat just to burn a few extra grams of fat?  when the most important matter is a caloric deficit at the end of the day? (and that you eat as soon after a workout as possible)

like i said before. what substrate your burning when doing cardio is secondary to achieving a caloric deficit.

your correct fat mobilization is gonna be higher, but you lack the ability to look at the big picture. thats what happens when you read but cant apply the info you have.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 05:44:05 AM »
so my advice is  to put the cardio at any other time than around your workouts.