Author Topic: t4/t3 conversion  (Read 1629 times)

rifat

• Getbig II
t4/t3 conversion
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:42:37 AM »
Let's say I take 50 mcg T3,how much T4 would I need to take to get the same results?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: t4/t3 conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:36:54 AM »
t4 wont really convert into t3 at any kind of rate that would result in significant metabolic changes...   you need to put straight t3 into your body...     although ive heard and read t4 supplementation can be beneficial when using exogenous GH; i guess its supposed to increase the rate of trunover of t4 into t3 ? but i never read a study to confirm this yet.. so as far as i am concerned that is just "bro science" and t4 is useless for bodybuilding

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
Candi, I've heard thyroid hormones are stacked with GH to overcome thyroid downregulation from the GH.  Some might be using GH for fat loss (it's effectiveness being another topic), so T3 is probaby a common pairing for that reason too.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »
The using t4 with GH was an old thing that was going around that was not accurate.  T3 would be the correct supplimentation when using GH and only about 25mcgs ED will suffice.  Not sure how that T4 thing got started but it's not accurate.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »
Let's say I take 50 mcg T3,how much T4 would I need to take to get the same results?

i used to take 35 x 4 /day of triac, then up the dosage until 35 x 8 /day, mixed with eca, great burner, nevar had a problem with the thyroids.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 03:57:09 AM »
from MD December '06
"The reason patients are given T4 replacement is that its extremely hard to overdose on it since the body only converts what it needs to T3. If a precontest bodybuilder were to supplement with T4, there would be very little change in metabolic rate since very little T4 would actually get converted into T3. Therefore, in order to instigate a significant metabolic effect on the body, its necessary to supplement with T3". Dave Palumbo

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »
ahhhhhh

no, the reason people would be given t4 from an endocrinologist is because endocrinologist cure deficiciencies and disorders, they are not trying to make shredded bodybuilders out of their patients.    certain people who have thyroid deficiencies dont convert enough t4 into t3. so in those people you need to supply t3 directly. but certain peoples bodies dont produce enough t4 in order to meet their bodies demand for t3. so, the problem is not lack of conversion or lack of t3 producing capabilities, the problem is lack of t4 production...and i these people when you administer t4 the body starts to cconvert that t4 into t3 and theeir bodies work properly again.