Author Topic: Getbig's new limits for naturals.  (Read 4503 times)

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
Re: Getbig's new limits for naturals.
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »
Cue impending thread calling for donations to drug test Chaos...

You keep making the same dumb argument. Thinking it's very funny to attack a legitimate argument based on science by using a totally different, simpleton one.  Chaos is a strong, tough mother but he carries a reasonably high bodyfat. If he cut down to 5% he would lose a lot of his muscle, a helluva lot. This is how it goes, in times of famine, or scarcity that could be a prelude to one, the body does all in it's power to hang on to fat reserves as they could be the  difference between life and death. It will cannibalize virtually all your muscle mass before letting go of those last reserves. That's millions of years of evolution.

So here is the key bit to help you remember when and why legitimate, scientifically based questions are asked: it's the combination of extreme conditioning with large amounts of remaining muscle mass that lead to proclaimed naturals being questioned. Many naturals can get large and sport reasonably high bodyfat - a lot of ironagers have no visible abs - or they can get extremely shredded and small.  It's the ratio of condition to muscularity that is the key thing. There are certain combinations of muscle and bodyfat that naturals simply can't attain. It's in those cases they are called on it.

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »
You keep making the same dumb argument. Thinking it's very funny to attack a legitimate argument based on science by using a totally different, simpleton one.  Chaos is a strong, tough mother but he carries a reasonably high bodyfat. If he cut down to 5% he would lose a lot of his muscle, a helluva lot. This is how it goes, in times of famine the body does all in it's power to hang on to fat reserves as they could be difference between life and death. It will cannibalize virtually all your muscle mass before letting go of those last reserves. That's millions of years of evolution.

So here is the key bit to help you remember when and why legitimate, scientifically based questions are asked: it's the combination of extreme conditioning with large amounts of remaining muscle mass that lead to proclaimed naturals being questioned. Many naturals can get large and sport reasonably high bodyfat - a lot of ironagers have no visible abs - or they can get extremely shredded and small.  It's the ratio of condition to muscularity that is the key thing. There are certain combinations of muscle and bodyfat that naturals simply can't attain. It's in those cases they are called on it.
you make it sound as if Meso has Phil Heath type thickness, the guy isn't that big but yes he is ripped, i'm sure if you put a long sleeve or even a shrt sleeved shirt that came to the elbows he'd barely look like he trains.
c

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »
you make it sound as if Meso has Phil Heath type thickness, the guy isn't that big but yes he is ripped, i'm sure if you put a long sleeve or even a shrt sleeved shirt that came to the elbows he'd barely look like he trains.
This is what I don't understand, SW keeps talking about "that level of muscularity" but I don't see it, I see a lean, yet small, guy that is really good condition.

But like you said, put a t shirt and jeans on him, he'd probably blend right into the crowd at the mall.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »
em fairly recently there was a mjor haul of a former bbuilder who was worth 10million...i believe he was a bit of a ganster/supplier from news reports. the asset recovery agency took everything.

steroids are not big iun ireland though are associated with teh UDA/UVF/LVF paramilitary organisations.

a documentary maker in the 80's famously noted how in republican wings they were reading educating themselves getting degree's etc, in teh loyalist wings they were pumping iron and steroids.

Ok.  I was wondering if there was some big news event happened that would explain why the boys from Ireland were waving the natty flag so hard these days.

It seems I'm the only guy on Getbig who lifts because he has to in order to not look like complete shit, not because he's a naturally gifted lifter.  I'm running a low dose T + var cycle and STILL can't move the weights you listed.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »
Didn't know that Goudy is clean - props for having such a physique.
Taller guys get away being fluffier, if you're short it gets ugly -> DannyDeVito look.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
Tapeworm-kudos on your honesty. im also very tall so my strength is not impressive and i have decent genetics. What does your trianing cycle look like?

bruce- ty on kind words. appreciated

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »

Yes but true lifetime naturals don't look that amazing anyway. If you look at the pre-steroid era guys they don't have better conditioning and muscularity at the same time. I posted pictures of Reeves (in his competitive days before the use of steroids), Ross, Eiferman, Grimek and none of them had a combination of conditioning and size that was in any way better. Most of them didn't have such conditioning and would lose too much muscle in the process of trying to achieve it.

Then he shows up saying he only eats a bit of junk and has never heard of pro-hormones. Like no one has ever asked him before in his life if he uses AAS or pro-hormones and he's said 'what are pro-hormones?'...until today on getbig. This guy who benches 400lbs, reads all the forums , lifts the 160s with no problems, he's never even heard of pro-hormones. hahahahahha bullshit.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »
1. You can only bench max of 275lbs for 7 reps, incline db's 100s 6reps
2. Squat 315 6 reps
3. 16.5" arms
4. 12% bodyfat
5. deadlift 405 8 reps
6. sub 6' max b/w 180, 190 for over 6'
7. this has to be attained with a perfect diet and training, no cheat foods whatsoever.

Should you exceed these basic limits you are automatically on steroids

Dont count with your small scale. Even weak natural bber like me can do these all.
You look like a razy or negative person who limit his capacity.
Now eat tons of protein and clear these condition.
Be positive.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »
Dont count with your small scale. Even weak natural bber like me can do these all.
Be positive.

Goudy was pointing out just how silly the ridicule directed towards certain people here is

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »
Be positive.

i was being sarcastic as camel jockey says.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »
Yes but true lifetime naturals don't look that amazing anyway. If you look at the pre-steroid era guys they don't have better conditioning and muscularity at the same time. I posted pictures of Reeves (in his competitive days before the use of steroids), Ross, Eiferman, Grimek and none of them had a combination of conditioning and size that was in any way better. Most of them didn't have such conditioning and would lose too much muscle in the process of trying to achieve it.

Then he shows up saying he only eats a bit of junk and has never heard of pro-hormones. Like no one has ever asked him before in his life if he uses AAS or pro-hormones and he's said 'what are pro-hormones?'...until today on getbig. This guy who benches 400lbs, reads all the forums , lifts the 160s with no problems, he's never even heard of pro-hormones. hahahahahha bullshit.

Who even followed bodybuilding back then? Those guys probably had crappy genetics and we've never been shown any minority competitors from the same era for comparison.

Also, there have been some pretty huge leaps in what is considered basic physiology, nutrition and exercise. No telling how good those guys would look if following the Adonis Principals. :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
Tapeworm-kudos on your honesty. im also very tall so my strength is not impressive and i have decent genetics. What does your trianing cycle look like?

bruce- ty on kind words. appreciated

Used to do a 4 way split, 3 way, etc, but wanted to get back to basics.  Lift eod now alternating WO1 & WO2, 2 low intensity 30 min cardios & abs on off days.

WO1 - weighted dips & chins, shoulder press, arms, deads.
WO2 - split squats, incline bench, rows, squat, calves.

All excercises (except arms) include 1 warmup set and 3 working sets, 1 minute rest between sets, 2-3 minutes rest between excercises.

Don't know my 1RM on anything these days since an injury will affect my $ - not worth the risk.  Mostly work in the 8-12 range, little heavier on back, lighter on calves.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »
Used to do a 4 way split, 3 way, etc, but wanted to get back to basics.  Lift eod now alternating WO1 & WO2, 2 low intensity 30 min cardios & abs on off days.

WO1 - weighted dips & chins, shoulder press, arms, deads.
WO2 - split squats, incline bench, rows, squat, calves.

All excercises include 1 warmup set and 3 working sets, 1 minute rest between sets, 2-3 minutes rest between excercises.

Don't know my 1RM on anything these days since an injury will affect my $ - not worth the risk.  Mostly work in the 8-12 range, little heavier on back, lighter on calves.

do you mind if i send you a PM just offering my 2 cents. no need to follow it just a slight critique?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »
Please do bro.  Always glad for advice.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
em fairly recently there was a mjor haul of a former bbuilder who was worth 10million...i believe he was a bit of a ganster/supplier from news reports. the asset recovery agency took everything.

steroids are not big iun ireland though are associated with teh UDA/UVF/LVF paramilitary organisations.

a documentary maker in the 80's famously noted how in republican wings they were reading educating themselves getting degree's etc, in teh loyalist wings they were pumping iron and steroids.

eh? What? If you would have a clue what you're talking about you be dangerous.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »
i was being sarcastic as camel jockey says.
Oh ok.
I was thinking bit strange.
Because you have a decent physic so.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »
eh? What? If you would have a clue what you're talking about you be dangerous.

belfast was a major steroids haul.

JOohnny adair and co etc are notorious usersa nd associated with gear.

i can find you teh actual quote if you like stark tho gimme a day or so to ask my dad. he will remember

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
don't forget if any veins are visible, you're on steroids.

haha got to love the guys who look at my bicep,shoulder veins and scream all-drugs :D
LOCAL GYM HERO

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »
Me, stark, the luck, burn2live, spylike are the only ones i can think of.

That's me! Proud member of GetBig's Dublin contingent... but it's spelled "L-u-k-e".

1. You can only bench max of 275lbs for 7 reps, incline db's 100s 6reps
2. Squat 315 6 reps
3. 16.5" arms
4. 12% bodyfat
5. deadlift 405 8 reps
6. sub 6' max b/w 180, 190 for over 6'
7. this has to be attained with a perfect diet and training, no cheat foods whatsoever.

Should you exceed these basic limits you are automatically on steroids

...I'm a lifetime natural... no steroids, no prohormones, no ergogenic drugs whatsoever: ever... and I've bested most of these in the last month:

-benched 225 lbs for a very gratifying 16 reps
-squatted 315 lbs for 12 reps (full depth with a two second pause at the bottom)
-deadlifted 405 lbs for similarly gratifying 13 reps

(no need to scream for videos as several members of my gym are GetBig members and have witnessed such lifts)

However, I'm well over 12% bf (actually 12% over being 12%) weighing 215 lbs at only 5'5''.

Guess I must be the best natural bodybuilder of all time... can't say I didn't suspect so.

The Luke

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »
Who even followed bodybuilding back then? Those guys probably had crappy genetics and we've never been shown any minority competitors from the same era for comparison.

Also, there have been some pretty huge leaps in what is considered basic physiology, nutrition and exercise. No telling how good those guys would look if following the Adonis Principals. :)

Exactly 8)