Author Topic: The Real Reason for the B&A Cancellation  (Read 2029 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The Real Reason for the B&A Cancellation
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »
I find it hard to believe that a death threat was made against a bodybuilding contest event, but if that was true; who are the most likely individuals /organizations to make such a threat?

It would be insane for that threat to come from the NPC or the IFBB! Neither organization would benefit in the long run.

If any promoter ever received such a threat (especially from one of the above), I think he/she would report it immediately to the proper law enforcement authorities and/or initiate a law-suit. Without such evidence it does appear to me that the promoter who originally had good intentions simply ran into the financial wall which knocked him on his butt.

It costs a minimum of approximately $25,000 to promote a decent contest in the proper venue with decent trophies. Add exceptional prizes such as automobiles and it will exceed the $100,000 dollar mark quite easily.

And charging entry fees more than most contestants can afford to pay will limit the number of entrants especially if they have to travel long distances to participate.

I feel sorry for any promoter who has experienced such a loss, but the TRUTH always is the best way to face a problem.

Why blame someone else for your own failure?

Anyone else other have an idea as to what really happened or do you believe actual death threats were made?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: The Real Reason for the B&A Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:36:56 AM »
Seriously speaking, I easily believe he had death threats. I'm sure some moron emailed him or called him and said something. When I organised the Mr Getbig I had about 5 threats of violence againest me, post and pm's etc. This board has had death threats on it. Like whatever already. It's just some twit 99.9% probabality, which most ppl know. I find it hard to believe that someone would hire the Mossad or a Mafia hitman to stop a *bodybuilding show*. He is just using that as an excuse. He flopped simple - most likely economics.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »
It was claimed on Mayhem that a producer had his breakline cut.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
Seriously speaking, I easily believe he had death threats. I'm sure some moron emailed him or called him and said something. When I organised the Mr Getbig I had about 5 threats of violence againest me, post and pm's etc. This board has had death threats on it. Like whatever already. It's just some twit 99.9% probabality, which most ppl know. I find it hard to believe that someone would hire the Mossad or a Mafia hitman to stop a *bodybuilding show*. He is just using that as an excuse. He flopped simple - most likely economics.

Good point. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were real death threats made.....let's face it, this industry in full of scumbags, who will do just about anything to protect their pathetic little piece of the pie.

In the end, I'm sure the money/sponsorship just wasn't there, which made the decision easier to make.
HAHA, RON.....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
Good point. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were real death threats made

There's a difference between a "death threat" (some moron running his mouth or sending an email), and a credible death threat that a reasonable person would fear could actually happen.  Let's face it, nobody is actually going to kill someone over an "oiled men in thongs" show.  Nobody.

This is obviously a case of a financial issue making it impossible for him to continue, and he's offering up "death threats" as a flimsy excuse that has about as much credibility as Lee Thompson's "it wasn't me, it was my brother in law!" post.
Ron: "I am lazy."

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
SF, DA, Vince, or ben weider  ;D ;D
A

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »
Vince Goodrum is over on Mayhem right now telling Special Ed that the next time he sees him at a contest that he's gonna pull a gun out of his pocket and shoot him.  Only thing funnier there's Layne Norton in the same thread saying he'd be calling the police if Vince ever told him anything like that...   ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
I think this thread should have " in my opnion " at the end of it.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
Vince Goodrum is over on Mayhem right now telling Special Ed that the next time he sees him at a contest that he's gonna pull a gun out of his pocket and shoot him.  Only thing funnier there's Layne Norton in the same thread saying he'd be calling the police if Vince ever told him anything like that...   ;D

No way..... ;D
HAHA, RON.....

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 01:12:16 AM »
no way?!? link?
A

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 01:25:42 AM »

I also found that amusing, especially the post about "getting the law involved" if Vince said that ;D

Last time Vince sent me a threatening PM was yesterday. I would have the FBI on speed dial if I got the police involved with every threat. Vince is a massive blowhard simple.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 01:44:19 AM »

I had people calling me telling me by tomorrow I'll be a dead man for different reasons, but there is an obvious
difference between some asshole calling you up once, that is easily brushed off.
To actually call of an event like this and loose that much money you have to be quit scared I believe.
A simple call once wouldn't have done that in my opinion.
if you know what I mean.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »
if you lost money - your hotel reservations, your plane ticket, etc.  You have one man to blame.

This man is taking credit for calling sponsors and helping to scare them into backing out of the shows.  He has repeatedly claimed in the past to be doing favors for IFBB and NPC. 

Vince Goodrum is an enemy of bodybuilding, in my opinion.  He is an enemy of bodybuilders trying to make a living.  If you lost money on plane tickets or hotel room, it's because this guy called sponsors and spooked them.  He bragged about it.  He personally disrupted your financials.   Many of you haven't heard about this from getbig board - but this message will be posted on every bodybuilder, supplement, and message board for the next 14 days.

Thanks for hurting our money, Vince Goodrum.  I plan on informing everyone about you.
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »

link?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 09:48:23 AM »
what does B & A stand for

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »

It's code for "Bitches About to get suckered!"

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »
ummmm where's THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »
if you lost money - your hotel reservations, your plane ticket, etc.  You have one man to blame.

This man is taking credit for calling sponsors and helping to scare them into backing out of the shows.  He has repeatedly claimed in the past to be doing favors for IFBB and NPC. 

Vince Goodrum is an enemy of bodybuilding, in my opinion.  He is an enemy of bodybuilders trying to make a living.  If you lost money on plane tickets or hotel room, it's because this guy called sponsors and spooked them.  He bragged about it.  He personally disrupted your financials.   Many of you haven't heard about this from getbig board - but this message will be posted on every bodybuilder, supplement, and message board for the next 14 days.

Thanks for hurting our money, Vince Goodrum.  I plan on informing everyone about you.

Vince says if you don't lay off of him, he's gonna make a few phone calls and get the Olympia cancelled!  :o
Ron: "I am lazy."

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »
I find it hard to believe that a death threat was made against a bodybuilding contest event, but if that was true; who are the most likely individuals /organizations to make such a threat?

It would be insane for that threat to come from the NPC or the IFBB! Neither organization would benefit in the long run.

If any promoter ever received such a threat (especially from one of the above), I think he/she would report it immediately to the proper law enforcement authorities and/or initiate a law-suit. Without such evidence it does appear to me that the promoter who originally had good intentions simply ran into the financial wall which knocked him on his butt.

It costs a minimum of approximately $25,000 to promote a decent contest in the proper venue with decent trophies. Add exceptional prizes such as automobiles and it will exceed the $100,000 dollar mark quite easily.

correct...costs us 15-20k to properly run our high quality state show every year

And charging entry fees more than most contestants can afford to pay will limit the number of entrants especially if they have to travel long distances to participate.

yes...you'd be surprised how a ten dollar uptick of entry fee costs hinders attracting entrants

I feel sorry for any promoter who has experienced such a loss, but the TRUTH always is the best way to face a problem.

Why blame someone else for your own failure?

Anyone else other have an idea as to what really happened or do you believe actual death threats were made?

hadda be the money....did not jibe when he said 'new car OR ten k USD...car usually mush more than 10k...probably also did not consider taxes...which were likely killer

such an outlay of $ necessatates a long-term plan...for this show...how would there be a follow-up? What 'stepping stone' did the entrants have to catapult themslves upon for greater heaights?

None.

Moosejay

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 06:13:24 PM »

another problem. a vacuous, meaningless title name.

what would champs tell their friends and family they won...the Mr. B&A show?

Not the Mr. America...everyone knows what that means.

Ben1, or whatever his name, should have kept the show truly about the ATHLETES, like he said, and not named the show after himself.

They don't care about him, just themselves.

FIRST rule of marketing, kids:

"WIIFM"

=

"What's In It For Me."