Author Topic: LT's Blog - 07-05-08 - Poor Lift Studios...  (Read 3395 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LT's Blog - 07-05-08 - Poor Lift Studios...
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:19:19 AM »

Total domination over Isaac... whoa....

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/lonnie/

As the ol’ phrase goes, some people just never learn. You’d think Isaac Hinds would know better by now, though. I mean, how many times does it take to get spanked by the Swami on the pro men’s predictions?

Despite my total domination over the Lifter in recent years, he dared to challenge my word that Silvio Samuel would be crowned champion when the fella’s took the stage at the Houston Pro this weekend. To show you how sure I was of this easy selection, I turned in my Mr. Olympia preview piece to the magazine 10 days ago–and said in the article that Silvio would have won this event by the time the story hit the streets.

Remember when Hinds said Toney Freeman would finish third in the 2007 Olympia in “The Experts” video?–and the X-Man fell all the way to 14th? Yes, probably the worst prognostication of all time. Isaac swears the 110 degree temperature on the hotel roof, plus the fact he was not given any food or water before the shoot, contributed to his lack of cerebral control. Was that Yogi’s excuse, too? How come none of these things affected my typically accurate selections, and I have 10 years on you?

Okay, what’s the excuse for this one?; Hinds bet me lunch that it would be Darrem Charles, not Samuel, who would wear the crown in Texas. And, he was sitting in his Greenwood Village, Colorado condo, in perfect weather, when he had the nerve to challenge me once again.

As it turns out, Darrem ended up way down the line in a relatively weak line-up–sixth, to be exact. I am implementing a new rule for all wagers, retroactive with this bet…if the dude you select doesn’t make the top five, the price tag doubles. So, my man, you have your choice–two lunches, at an eatery of my choice, or one grand dinner. Pick your poison. And learn your lesson, will ya? I’m not called the Swami by accident. And, I’m trying to keep my weight under 180, which it has been the past two weeks (from the 203 I balloned up to last Labor Day), so you get a break. Oh, I’ll collect at the USA in Vegas at the end of the month? Well, I’ll just up the cardio when I get back home.

Craig Richardson finished second behind Silvio, with Leo (the Lion) Ingram in third; the latter two join Silvio in qualifying for the Mr. O battle at the Orleans Arena at the end of September. Armin Scholz placed fourth, with Bill Wilmore rounding out the top five.

Only six competitors showed up in the 202 and under (most folks didn’t even know there would be that division at this show based on prior publicity), and it ended with a Junior Cal flavor as “Sting” Ray Arde, who earned that moniker when he crushed the field in my first production in 1999, bested Tricky Jackson (second) and Jeff Long (third).

Back to Silvio. Guess eating at Burger King after the prejudging at the Junior Cal, and swallowing those ribs at the Cheesecake Factory after the show, didn’t do one bit of harm, as he assured me. Okay, Samuel swears it was Yogi Avidan, not him, inhaling the Burgers in Pasadena, but I did witness, as did Jay Cutler, Silvio putting down the ribs, slathered with barbeque sauce, at the post contest dinner.
Genetics are a bitch. Tastes good to me, eh Lifter?

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
Re: LT's Blog - 07-05-08 - Poor Lift Studios...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »
Please explain why anyone is supposed to care about this.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:42:02 AM »
alot of out of shape guys in these pics
L

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »

We here at getbig general care and are in everything interested our great leader Ron posts.
Please show some respect to our Leader or you get defiantly fucked up sunny.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »

why's that fat guy with glasses not behind the counter?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
Musclephone already reported on this.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »
We here at getbig general care and are in everything interested our great leader Ron posts.
Please show some respect to our Leader or you get defiantly fucked up sunny.
Ha! Stark       Ya o.k.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »
it's nice burger king lets their employees take pictures with pro bb.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »
ron do you want the rest of us getbiggers to call you "yogi" from here on ?
Z

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »

What? Silvio was never employed by Burger King.
Q

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
id love to work at burger king, i would eat at work all day and become HUUUGE!!!
Z

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
Did Silvio bite your ankles?

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »
Lol, you guys are crazy. I bet Lonnie, Ron and LS have a great time at the shows.

Good positive thread from the Ronster!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »

Ron is NOT an employee of BK, he is used a guest-EATER :D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »

Maybe one day I will own it, considering the way I visit the place, they know me by my first name, and what I like to order, on each day!

As for working behind the counter... nothing wrong with that, a lot of people started that way.

Congrats on Silvio for winning the 2008 Houston Pro Show.  Silvio is cool, coming to support LT's 2008 NPC Junior California two weeks ago, and also impromptu guest posing on stage that day with Quincy Taylor.

Top six at the Olympia for Silvio Samuel!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
Maybe one day I will own it, considering the way I visit the place, they know me by my first name, and what I like to order, on each day!

As for working behind the counter... nothing wrong with that, a lot of people started that way, and perhaps, one day, I may own it one day, or maybe two.

Congrats on Silvio for winning the 2008 Houston Pro Show.  Silvio is cool, coming to support LT's 2008 NPC Junior California two weeks ago, and also impromptu guest posing on stage that day with Quincy Taylor.

well said!
Z

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »
great thread from a great guy
w

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 04:42:58 PM »

right on the money

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »

So, how's the diet coming along, Ron?

::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »

As for working behind the counter... nothing wrong with that, a lot of people started that way.

I have to disagree Ron, no way silvio will be top six. I cant see him placing ahead of these guys.

Jay Cutler
Dexter
Kai Greene
Dennis Wolf
Phil Heath
Gustavo Baddell
Melvin ( if he comes in shape, big IF)

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »

I bet they had your small chocolate milk shake ready before you even got to the counter.

Very refreshing on a hot day.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

105 degrees that day in the shade.

99 cent Chocolate Milkshake there.

Can't beat that.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »

Shit, that's nothing compared to the way Isaac got his ass handed to him by a merry band of physique photographers the other day. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
Shit, that's nothing compared to the way Isaac got his ass handed to him by a merry band of physique photographers the other day. 
"merry band of physique photographers"  ::) You mean the insecure land of Schmonation.

The Salami fails to mention he picks 5 people for each show. Let's see how accurate he is with the USAs. He's betting against Sean Allen and Mike Liberatore. LT is picking Atoyan for the whole show.
Elevate Your Image.™

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »
ronnie rockel kills silvio in everything
LOCAL GYM HERO