Author Topic: Who is it gonna be: Jon Fitch or GSP  (Read 4076 times)

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
Who is it gonna be: Jon Fitch or GSP
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »
Alright lads, I am curious to know some professional input on this subject. I have listened to several co-workers, and friends go both ways. Now that I am a part of GB I would like to ask you gents your personal opinion, and insight.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Who is it gonna be: Jon Fitch or GSP
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:52:57 AM »
I think ol Fitchy is gonna be too much for GSP to handle. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
I think GSP's strength and athleticism will be the difference in this fight, plus he has the edge in the stand up department.  Fitch is a hell of a wrestler, but then again so is Kos, and we all saw what happened when he fought GSP.  Fitch's BJJ is ever improving, but not enough to be a serious threat to GSP.  I still want to see Jake Shields against some of the UFC's best, I think he would be more of a danger to GSP than Fitch.  I'm saying GSP by Decision, or TKO in the later rounds.
Predictions
 40/61

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »
At first I thought GSP was going to tear through Fitch. However, I began to really study this guy. Fitch is a bad ass, and recently received his black belt in Guerilla Jiu-Jitsu from his instructor: Dave Camarillo. That plus his training/affiliation with AKA makes him a serious threat to GSP's current reign. I'm hoping G can hold it together, but I would not be one bit shocked if Fitchy does put it on him. Hell heah, this fight is going to be brutal.

I agree Chute, GSP's athleticism is a very nasty weapon he possesses within his arsenal.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »
GSP will win.  He is the most dominant champion 170lbs has seen so far.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
I think ol Fitchy is gonna be too much for GSP to handle. 

I like fitch's chances here too...

extremely well rounded...

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »
I've been looking forward to this fight since last year.  I'm really excited about it.  FItch is an animal, but he looked like shit in his last fight.  GSP reinvented himself after the Serra loss.  He is now as good as or better than Fitch in the wrestling department, has better stand up (kicks, knees, punches), nasty G&P and his JJ is not too shabby.  Both have great cardio, but I think GSP will set a grueling pace on this fight.  I think GSP will come at Fitch from every direction, switching levels regularly and ultimately end the fight in the 3rd round via TKO.  At least that's the way I hope it goes down.  They could both neutralize each other and give us a 5 round snoozefest.... 
w

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
Fitch is a bad ass, and recently received his black belt in Guerilla Jiu-Jitsu from his instructor: Dave Camarillo. That plus his training/affiliation with AKA makes him a serious threat to GSP's current reign.

On the flip side GSP trains with or has affiliations with BTT Canada, Renzo Gracie BJJ Academy, Greg Jackson MMA, some of Team Russia's olympic wrestlers (the same one's who prep'ed him for fellow A.K.A. fighter "the Blanket") and Extreme Couture.  Bob Cook is a bad ass, but can he come up with a gameplan for "the riddum"?  So far he is 0-1.  Gsp may not tear through Fitch, but he will sure as hell erode him over the course of five rounds.
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »
My Heart says GSP, but the one thing i am sure of is that this will be one bad ass fight..

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:56:11 AM »
I think this is going to be an awesome fight but I think I am going to have to go with GSP on this one... He has really looked unstoppable in last few fights....

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 05:54:51 AM »
Yeah, I agree....GSP has made his last two fights look like he was tossing around junior high kids or something. He took his wrestling to another level..so much so, that Canada wanted him to be on the Olympic team. He's just an all around bad ass machine!!

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 07:20:27 AM »
On the flip side GSP trains with or has affiliations with BTT Canada, Renzo Gracie BJJ Academy, Greg Jackson MMA, some of Team Russia's olympic wrestlers (the same one's who prep'ed him for fellow A.K.A. fighter "the Blanket") and Extreme Couture.  Bob Cook is a bad ass, but can he come up with a gameplan for "the riddum"?  So far he is 0-1.  Gsp may not tear through Fitch, but he will sure as hell erode him over the course of five rounds.
Well said.... I knew about GSP's training, but after reading up on Fitchy I learned that he really is worth this contention. MIND said it right, GSP is gonna mix it up, and keep Fitchy guessing. Bottom line lads, this IS going to be a killer fight.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:21 PM »
I think this might be the most competetive fight ever in the UFC.  These two are both absolutely top of the food chain.  I can't wait!!  It's a pick-em as far as I'm concerned.  Maybe GSP has an edge.  Maybe.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 06:41:34 PM »
you just can;t count fitch out on this one. gsp will probably win but i wouldn;t be suprised if fitch pulled off the upset here
irongearco.com

ornomental

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 08:10:07 AM »
  I am really not impartial in what I'm saying but GSP is on another level I think. I'm more scared of Alves punching power Then I am of Fitch... I know I know Fitch beat Alves but Style make fight... As fare as I know Fitch is versatile but GSP is just too much  IMO... 
         Orn   ....  From Montreal.....   :O

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 09:49:02 AM »
Here lads, just I would drop this video showing Fitchy going to work. G definitely has his work cut out for him.

ornomental

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
 C'mon Iron. Put ANYBODY in a video like that with that kinda of music and they will look like best p4p !!!
       Doesn't mean much for me. GSP will take care of business soon.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 07:05:35 PM »
I just hope fitch comes out with the beard...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 01:17:46 AM »
When GSP is pissed off, focused and motivated, he's unstoppable... he's gotten sloppy a few times and paid for it, but when he came back it was with serious vengeance.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »
gsp all the way man

ALL THE WAY
Z

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 06:53:59 AM »
I just hope fitch comes out with the beard...

So G can pound if off of his face  ;D

ptuccaro

• Getbig I
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »
I hope it's GSP! But in mma you just never know what can happen or how it's gonna happen...that's why I love watching it.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 09:17:36 PM »

I'd give it to GSP. Fitch is good but not on the same level as GSP who has been evolving steadily. GSP will dictate the pace - the question is can Fitch keep up?

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 07:49:11 AM »
the question is can Fitch keep up?

That is a very hard question to answer. Rush is unpredictable in his ability to drain the agility out of his opponent(s). He is so versatile in his fighting, and athletic. Fitchy has gone to decision before, but I am sure this fight will be on a whole other level than he has ever competed in. I would say you will begin to Fitchy gas in the middle of the third round: if he doesn't get submitted before then.