Author Topic: So anyway, when are we bombing Iran?  (Read 3296 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
So anyway, when are we bombing Iran?
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:28 PM »
I hear either in September or October...

Discuss...
I hate the State.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: So anyway, when are we bombing Iran?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »
you could rephrase this as: "when is the world going to end?"

It would probably be in the best interests of humanity to never let this happen.
follow the arrows

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »
you could rephrase this as: "when is the world going to end?"

It would probably be in the best interests of humanity to never let this happen.

I agree but find it strange that a fundamentalist Muslim thinks this.
I hate the State.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:34:20 PM »
I agree but find it strange that a fundamentalist Muslim thinks this.
Maybe I'm not a 'fundamnetalist muslim' then? lol
follow the arrows

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »
Maybe I'm not a 'fundamnetalist muslim' then? lol

Maybe not...I certainly hope everyone realises that attacking Iran would be a horrible decision. Apparently there are even some people in Congress talking about using nukes on them.
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:55 PM »
I certainly hope everyone realises that attacking Iran would be a horrible decision.

Thank goodness you don't make the decisions.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
Thank goodness you don't make the decisions.

You think attacking Iran would be a good idea? Care to justify such a decision? Why would that be a good thing?
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »
the speculation of bombing is almost as good

and A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »
You think attacking Iran would be a good idea? Care to justify such a decision? Why would that be a good thing?

Why wouldn't it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:56:26 PM »
Why wouldn't it?

$300 barrel oil; more overextension, more inflation...and if nukes are dropped...well not even people like you could think that is a good thing? Can you? ???
I hate the State.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »
$300 barrel oil; more overextension, more inflation...and if nukes are dropped...well not even people like you could think that is a good thing? Can you? ???

Why would we drop Nukes?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »

$300  ::)

So your putting a price tag on American and Israeli lives?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
$300  ::)

So your putting a price tag on American and Israeli lives?

Huh? The whole point is that NO LIVES of any sort should be wasted on yet another war, which you seem to love by all accounts.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 11:52:08 PM »
Why would we drop Nukes?
that's actually been part of the plan for a long time.  a couple years ago they sounded like they were going to do it.  Talking about dropping nukes to destroy deep facilities.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 12:37:35 AM »
that's actually been part of the plan for a long time.  a couple years ago they sounded like they were going to do it.  Talking about dropping nukes to destroy deep facilities.

Yeah, the funny thing is I don't think these guys would even be on the radar if the Soviet Union was still around, regardless of what someone said in a misquoted/mistranslated speech - just goes to show we've learnt nothing.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 05:36:19 AM »
Let's nuke 'em! :D
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 07:38:19 AM »
Huh? The whole point is that NO LIVES of any sort should be wasted on yet another war, which you seem to love by all accounts.

Seeing as how I love America, and American lives on my soil. I don't think we should wait for them to strike first, seeing as they are launching test missles in the Persian Gulf today.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 07:41:15 AM »
Nuking them, which we won't, would shut them up. I think folks might be confusing nuclear tipped bunker busters with nukes, either way...fuck em.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 07:55:51 AM »
Seeing as how I love America, and American lives on my soil. I don't think we should wait for them to strike first, seeing as they are launching test missles in the Persian Gulf today.  ::)

Says the warmonger; Iran is no real danger to the US; no country can touch the US militarily and that is why the Iran situation is so laughable. We don't need to wait; we just need a new Gulf of Tonkin incident.
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 08:01:13 AM »
Says the warmonger; Iran is no real danger to the US; no country can touch the US militarily and that is why the Iran situation is so laughable. We don't need to wait; we just need a new Gulf of Tonkin incident.

We don't need to wait because were not going to wait. I'd rather we hit em with the military, then sanction them (Obama's plan - now  ::) )

I think the factories should be hit, and the places we have intel on rather than a baby and small children going without milk, cookies, and diapers.

Not laughable when someone threatens to take out your Middle East interests, and a whole country of people. Bullies are handled one way, and that is with force, but you don't harm the citizens, ecspecially since they have totally seperate interests from the majority of IRan cabinet members.

In fact Obama is so stupid, he thinks sanctons will work when all that will do is hurt the US economy, we have more than tripled our exports to IRan since Bush became president. We ship $58 million worth of ciggs per year to Iran, the lower gulf states depend on shipping to Iran such items as - women's toiletries, garments, toys, wheat, etc.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 08:03:02 AM »
Glad u posted that so I didn't have to dig, I think the quote from the story is....we don't like the their government but we're not trying to make the people suffer....yeah America is a big mean guy.  ::)
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 08:09:09 AM »
Glad u posted that so I didn't have to dig, I think the quote from the story is....we don't like the their government but we're not trying to make the people suffer....yeah America is a big mean guy.  ::)

In part this shows Obama's naive view of the world. Economic santions 1st was the United States diplomatic policy 30 years ago, today it undermines diplomacy and country healing efforts. McCain states cleary that we just need to shield ourselves (F- Russia) from the threat, we don't push them to brinkmanship by injuring their people and innocents.

On top of that, this economic voltality in the world right now can't handle sanctions of any kind, it would just backfire on the United States.

I guess people forgot about the billions we end up giving countries once we bomb ( or talk down) their evil regimes out of the water.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 08:11:01 AM »
Obama: Let's Hit Iran With Tougher Threats of Stronger Sanctions... But Don't Provoke Them

On Today Show this morning, Matt Bauer asked Obama if he were president this morning, what his immediate response would be to Iran's missile tests.

I think we've got to gather up all the intelligence necessary with the situation, but there's no doubt that we're seeing rising tensions in the area.

To echo Ed, intelligence-gathering? This isn't a rumor of missile tests. U.S. systems detected and tracked at least seven of the missiles. The regime announced it on state-run TV, and showed missiles flying into the air (although perhaps it was file footage).

And it's part of the reason why it's so important for us to have a coherent policy with respect to Iran. It has to combine much tougher threats of economic sanctions with direct diplomacy, opening up channels of communication so that we avoid provocation but we give strong incentives to the Iranians to change their behavior.

I would love to see Obama detail what Iran would have to do before he concluded that he did not want to seek "direct diplomacy" with them.

Lauer points out that at the G8 meeting in Japan, the leaders gathered their have announced a European official to Tehran to discuss an official "incentive package," to induce them for dismantling their uranium enrichment program and Obama says he sees that as a "step in the right direction," and does not see it as reward for bad behavior.

Also note that once again, Obama feels that we ultimately control Iranian behavior; it's simply a matter of offering sufficient incentives to change their behavior. In the interview, he also says, "it's in nobody's interest, including Iran's, I believe, to have a nuclear weapon that could trigger a nuclear arms race in the region."

It seems unthinkable to Obama that the Iranians could have actually determined that having a nuclear weapon is in their self-interest. Much like small town Pennsylvanians, he knows what motivates them better than they know themselves
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »
Asked about the IRGC this morning, Barack Obama tried to strike a tough pose--calling Iran "a great threat" and calling for tougher economic sanctions. Even by Obama standards, however, the disconnect here between what Obama says vs. what Obama does strains the bounds of hypocrisy.

Readers may recall that the question of whether to impose tougher economic sanctions against the IRGC came before the Senate late last year, in the form of the Kyl-Lieberman amendment. The overwhelming bipartisan majority of the Senate embraced the measure--including Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, and Obama's fellow Illinois liberal Dick Durbin. But not Obama.

On the contrary, Obama was one of the few senators who opposed the amendment--and vociferously at that--calling it "saber rattling" and building his opposition to the measure into one of the centerpieces of his primary campaign. To this day, his website brags "Obama opposed the Kyl-Lieberman amendment," which imposed sanctions on the IRGC.

With the IRGC firing missiles that could hit Tel Aviv and sponsoring attacks on American soldiers, you'd think the MSM might want to ask Obama--why exactly did he so strongly oppose an amendment imposing economic sanctions on the IRGC last fall, if he is in favor of economic sanctions on the IRGC? Why, if he thinks Iran is such a "great threat," did he say Iran doesn't "pose a serious threat to us" during the primary campaign? Why, if he is concerned about the IRGC, did he fight so strongly against the legislative measure that represented the Congress' single greatest effort to date to go after the IRGC?
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »
So it takes something that only the eyes can see, for the threat to be deemed real.

WOW  :o
That is scary

Obama "Iran is no threat"