Author Topic: Could use some advice...taking a gap year (nothing about bodybuilding)  (Read 791 times)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
I saw the programming thread so i know there are some pretty knowledgeable posters on here

Ok I just recieved my national diploma in Business from college. (2 year course)
Unfortunetly certain problems came up and I didnt get into the University I wanted (applied late and woman problems), so really im left with a year to work here or go abroad if i wish.
Just asking for advice on the things i should do career wise with my gap year, if im going to take a solid year off I want to make it as productive as possible.
I was thinking of studying a part time course to gain more qualifications and apply to work in a bank. Anything that relates to the course I am going to study next september at University will be helpful.
(Business Innovation and enterprise degree)

(PS: University is usually the next step to college here in the UK, first u go to college and then University to get a degree)

Any help will be helpful my fello getbiggers!

The Master

• Getbig V
What do you really want to do?

What about travelling some?
Learn public speaking properly? (Join Toastmasters)
Get a new hobby?
Start a business?
Take up skydiving?

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
What do you really want to do?

What about travelling some?
Learn public speaking properly? (Join Toastmasters)
Get a new hobby?
Start a business?
Take up skydiving?

The ones highlighted

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
start a home business from 8 til 12 every day. 

Get an internshop job in afternoons (so you'll have more than daytime responsibilities and still have mornings free)

1 night a week, take a foreign language, CPR, or other professional communitity involvement class to pad resume so 2008 isn't a dead year.

Every weekend, embark upon ONE project which can pad the resume.  one week, spend 3 hours learning 6sigma quality.  next week, something else.  Pile them on.  3 words in resume skills area = 4 hours study alone.

every other month, earn a professional certification of some type.

Split up the time, make 30 goals for the year, and nail them all. 

In 2002, I went from an idiot elementary school teacher who didn't own a computer and couldn't operate a floppy disk (professor teased me in front of the class)... to a school computer network admin with A+/Net+, MCP, an AS in computer networking, and teaching adult web design - IN ONE YEAR.  I just decided I was tired of wasting time, and in one year I went from completely clueless to running a network.  I read nonstop, bluffed, researched, networked, called up friends when I got in jams, etc.

The Master

• Getbig V
The ones highlighted

Well, then go to the local Toastmasters tomorrow and sign up.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
My sister got her Masters in business last year, she still cant find a good job....She has been working in business related fields since she was 19...She worked all the way through pre and post graduate studies...

The Master

• Getbig V
My sister got her Masters in business last year, she still cant find a good job....She has been working in business related fields since she was 19...She worked all the way through pre and post graduate studies...

She's probably more suited for street prostitution.