Author Topic: Who wins novemeber election if we bomb iran?  (Read 1458 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Who wins novemeber election if we bomb iran?
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:35:28 AM »
If Israel hits Iran, we're in war #3, without a doubt.

gas prices hit $8 per gallon in 2 months, oil over $200 per barrel, etc.  It gets ugly.

Will Americans be more likely to vote mccain, as he's the more experienced war guy?  or will they choose obama, as a crippled economy will have a lot of republicans suddenly going broke and changing parties?

Purge_WTF

Re: Who wins novemeber election if we bomb iran?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »
  Obama for sure. There wouldn't be another Republican president for quite some time afterward, too.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »
If Israel hits Iran, we're in war #3, without a doubt.

gas prices hit $8 per gallon in 2 months, oil over $200 per barrel, etc.  It gets ugly.

Will Americans be more likely to vote mccain, as he's the more experienced war guy?  or will they choose obama, as a crippled economy will have a lot of republicans suddenly going broke and changing parties?

I actually think McCain; panic sets in and the generally dumb American public buys into whatever propaganda the government sells them.
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »
  Obama for sure. There wouldn't be another Republican president for quite some time afterward, too.

What is the reasoning on that? So Obama can go have tea and crumpets with Iran, and "talk"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:35:14 AM »
I think the predicted timing, after the election and before the next president takes office, is so that they force the hand of whoever is the next president.  McCain will be ok and he won't even have the blame for it and Obama will have no choice under the pressure he'll face to back Israel.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:54 AM »
McCain would make a much better CIC then Obama.  I think that gives McCain an advantage in November, particularly if we get involved in another conflict before then. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
McCain would make a much better CIC then Obama.  I think that gives McCain an advantage in November, particularly if we get involved in another conflict before then. 
Polls show the people want a president willing to employ deplomacy with our enemies.  They'll see McCain as a continuation of neocon policy because he is.  Now if we have another attack here before the election, people will probably blined by anger and fear jump back on the neocon, Kill them All bandwaggon.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »
it doesn't matter who's elected. if anyone believes ONE person runs this country, i have a beautiful ocean to sell you in Death Valley.

NT
that's right and they're not afraid to pull the right strings to make sure what they want to happen happens.  It will be easier for them with McCain IMO, but they'll still probably get what they want with Obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »
Polls show the people want a president willing to employ deplomacy with our enemies.  They'll see McCain as a continuation of neocon policy because he is.  Now if we have another attack here before the election, people will probably blined by anger and fear jump back on the neocon, Kill them All bandwaggon.

If we're talking about who will make a better war-time president, I think the answer is clearly McCain.  Many people will figure that out as we head to November.  Just look at the surge issue.  Their approach to the war.  The amount of time they've spent in Iraq.  Their military backgrounds.  Not even close IMO.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
it doesn't matter who's elected. if anyone believes ONE person runs this country, i have a beautiful ocean to sell you in Death Valley.

NT

One person doesn't run the country, but one person does run the military.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
One person doesn't run the country, but one person does run the military.   
and it's not the president :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
If we're talking about who will make a better war-time president, I think the answer is clearly McCain.  Many people will figure that out as we head to November.  Just look at the surge issue.  Their approach to the war.  The amount of time they've spent in Iraq.  Their military backgrounds.  Not even close IMO.  

Is that because he'll do exactly what his neocon advisors tell him to do :D  People ARE NOT happy with neocon policies and if the surge works and things work in Iraq, that policy didn't even come from the neocons.  It came from the military in Iraq.  Worked on a smaller scale and it was hell to convince leadership to do it on a larger scale.  So if it works, it's not any thanks to the neocons.  They've done nothing but get us in trouble.  McCain is more neocon policy.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »

he commands the chairman of the joint chief of staffs.

so yes he does.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
he commands the chairman of the joint chief of staffs.

so yes he does.
No kidding ::)  The point as usual zinged over your head.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

Says you.   :)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »
No kidding ::)  The point as usual zinged over your head.

oh sorry the NWO, or the secret skull and bones rule the world and the US is that it?

lmao

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »
Is that because he'll do exactly what his neocon advisors tell him to do :D  People ARE NOT happy with neocon policies and if the surge works and things work in Iraq, that policy didn't even come from the neocons.  It came from the military in Iraq.  Worked on a smaller scale and it was hell to convince leadership to do it on a larger scale.  So if it works, it's not any thanks to the neocons.  They've done nothing but get us in trouble.  McCain is more neocon policy.

I don't agree.  Plus, McCain was right about military strategy and Obama was dead wrong.

Watch how things unfold as we head to November and see if Obama sticks to his withdrawal promises.    

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 02:05:22 PM »
that's right and they're not afraid to pull the right strings to make sure what they want to happen happens.  It will be easier for them with McCain IMO, but they'll still probably get what they want with Obama.

Good debate, butr Hugo I disagree with u on this point. Obama is a creation of the Dem party. He has no record, nothing negative to point to, Black and almost untouchable in their eyes. He's a bigger puppet then Mccain.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 08:46:38 PM »

Good debate, butr Hugo I disagree with u on this point. Obama is a creation of the Dem party. He has no record, nothing negative to point to, Black and almost untouchable in their eyes. He's a bigger puppet then Mccain.
but he's not a neocon puppet.  For cetain people to get their way, they'll have to arange the deck and they will and it will probably have the same outcome in the end.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
but he's not a neocon puppet.  For cetain people to get their way, they'll have to arange the deck and they will and it will probably have the same outcome in the end.

World feelings towards Obama cool soften the decline of the dollar and bring down oil prices; McCain I suspect would have the opposite effect.
I hate the State.