Author Topic: McCain throws in the towel - dumbass  (Read 961 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
McCain throws in the towel - dumbass
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »

"The recession is all in your heads."

Even if he believes it to be true - which he does - why would he be so foolish as to say something so stupid? 

That's exactly the same sentiment that allowed George Bush I to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory vs the upstart Bill Clinton in 1992.   

It was that bone-headed argument that allowed Hillary to rise to national prominence and we've been unable to get rid of her since.

Purge_WTF

Re: McCain throws in the towel - dumbass
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
  There's this mentality that you hate America or are unpatriotic if you think there's anything about our country that could use improvement. Anyone remember the Republican convention about a year or so ago where nearly all of the candidates said that they wouldn't change anything about America? Yeah, because the Iraq war was going so well back then.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Not al of us had the blueprint that he and the other elite had in 2001.

They knew which stocks to buy.  They knew haliburton would be the unfrastructure behind the war.  They knew GE would be building 6 years worth of bunker busters.  Hell, Donald Rumsfeld somehow knew to put his life savings into Bayer AG about 30 seconds before the anthrax attacks made Cipro the #1 seller in history...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »
Not al of us had the blueprint that he and the other elite had in 2001.

They knew which stocks to buy.  They knew haliburton would be the unfrastructure behind the war.  They knew GE would be building 6 years worth of bunker busters.  Hell, Donald Rumsfeld somehow knew to put his life savings into Bayer AG about 30 seconds before the anthrax attacks made Cipro the #1 seller in history...

And by reducing the amount of disposable income in our pockets - something they can easily achieve by manipulating fuel costs, for example - they are able to prevent the Middle Class from using the same tactics to build significant wealth. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 06:21:52 PM »
OBama can never win, McCain can say whatever he wants.
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 08:28:41 PM »
OBama can never win, McCain can say whatever he wants.

That's what I thought, too...up until today. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:29:56 PM »
That's what I thought, too...up until today. 

Did you get a lobotomy today? A black president? Get real Tre.
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
Did you get a lobotomy today? A black president? Get real Tre.

According to 'the reverend' Jesse Jackson  ::), Bill Clinton is more 'black' than Obama and he won an election he didn't have a chance to win a year earlier. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »
According to 'the reverend' Jesse Jackson  ::), Bill Clinton is more 'black' than Obama and he won an election he didn't have a chance to win a year earlier. 

Seriously though, in Michigan Obama is running an ad in which he shows his grandparents and mother and supposed to be showing his family and EVERYONE he shows is white. My girl pointed it out to me the other day, kinda weird. I wonder why ???
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »
Seriously though, in Michigan Obama is running an ad in which he shows his grandparents and mother and supposed to be showing his family and EVERYONE he shows is white. My girl pointed it out to me the other day, kinda weird. I wonder why ???
His parents divoced when he was 2 if I remember right.  The father went back to Kenya.  I imagine the rest of that side of him family was back there too.  Not unusual for him to show the side of the family that was there as a family.  That's probably where all the pictures came from.  I think he only saw his father 1 more time after they seperated so the same would be the case for a lot of Americans when their parents divorced.  Not all but probably not a rare thing.