Author Topic: Hannity and Olbermann are a lot alike  (Read 1577 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hannity and Olbermann are a lot alike
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
I'm probably one of the only folks here who watches both pretty religiously.

They're very very similar.  They both spend their hour bashing the candidate they don't like. 

Hannity had 8 things he hates about Obama, and he brings them up nonstop during every segment.
Olbermann has 5 things he hates about McCain, and he brings them up almost every segment.

Hannity has Colmes who does pwn each guest once per segment - Olbermann doesn't offer a different point of view.

Hannity gets 60 minutes to attack Obama - and usually does in each talking point.  Olbermann only gets 35 minutes to do so because of his Oddball cheese segment.

So if you watch one, and diss the other, you're kinda ignorant.  Watch both and you'll see what I mean.  Olbermann's job is to demonize Mccain and try to inform Americans of the lies Bush has done, and he is well aware of the WMD and 911 lies.  hannity's job is to sell the idea that "Everything is great in america", and the message that if you attack Bush, you're attacking the USA.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Hannity and Olbermann are a lot alike
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »
Two sides of the same coin.

They are both mouth pieces for their respective political party.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »
Blasphemy!!!  There are some huge differences.  The main one being Hannity is not bothered one bit by spewing lies.  Olbermann reguarly makes retractions when he got something off.  Hannity is very happy to sit and spew the daily message and really doesn't care if it's right or not.  Olbermann cares about the info being right.  Just a few weeks ago we saw as Hannity just flipped his opinion on a dime to match his neocon guest. http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=221388.0 (LOL, you would never see Olbermann do that.) And lastly, Olbermann is funny, Hannity is just a cocky arrogant neocon asslicker.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
LOL... also I've sat there and listened to Olbermann many times be critical of something that happened on the left or what the dems are doing.  When was the last time we saw Hannity scold Camp Neocon... Oh what you mean he doesn't... ya, no shit huh...  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »
One more thing, this reminds me of something else that always bugs me.  You know the right never had much of an issue with Michael Moore back in the 90's when he was blasting Clinton.  But oh no, when he takes on Bush, he just became the most evil lefty ever... You guys are toooooo funny.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
Blasphemy!!!  There are some huge differences.  The main one being Hannity is not bothered one bit by spewing lies.  Olbermann reguarly makes retractions when he got something off.  Hannity is very happy to sit and spew the daily message and really doesn't care if it's right or not.  Olbermann cares about the info being right.  Just a few weeks ago we saw as Hannity just flipped his opinion on a dime to match his neocon guest. http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=221388.0 (LOL, you would never see Olbermann do that.) And lastly, Olbermann is funny, Hannity is just a cocky arrogant neocon asslicker.

What's disturbing is that I really don't think that Hannity thinks he's lying.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 03:55:48 PM »
What's disturbing is that I really don't think that Hannity thinks he's lying.

I don't think he does or cares.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:08 PM »
I don't think he does or cares.

You're probably right.

I appreciate what he does for the troops (fund raisers for the children of servicemen that have fallen in combat) but that's where it ends. That he even considers himself a Reagan conservative pisses me off.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
You're probably right.

I appreciate what he does for the troops (fund raisers for the children of servicemen that have fallen in combat) but that's where it ends. That he even considers himself a Reagan conservative pisses me off.
I agree, can't fault him for what good he does.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
Hannity does use more generalizations.  yesterday, he said "Obama has changed positions on every single issue"... while Obama has moved center on 5 issues, 6 tops... hannity repeatedly declared something that wasn't factually true.

Olbermann has plenty of data to back up his claims- he uses the 'gotcha' approach by showing video to prove his points, and he's very good at it.

Hannity says "we don't have to show the tapes, our viewers are smart enough to know what Obama's done wrong".  Yes, this is absolutely shady.

Also, every guest on hannity DOES say "I wouldn't vote for Obama..." right as they start the response to question #2, very frequently.   Perhaps this is the disclaimer, perhaps trying to just sell more mccain votes, maybe both.

Hannity justifies everything bad we do because "The USA is the greatest!" ala beach bum or moosejay - they just don't care for any facts that disrupt their being #1.  it's like LOL'ing when someone asks if Ronnie's on steroids... you don't care, because you accept that as part of the game.  They ACCEPT lies, deception, false flags as part of the game.  As long as their team wins, they don't care if they're breaking every law in the book. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
I think you also have a good point in watching both.  That's not something many on the right want you to do.  But if the guy on the left is worth anything, he'll tell you to watch both and have some level of confidence that the person will see there is something to what is being said.  If you asked Olbermann, "should I listen to Hannity"  I think he would tell you yes.  I doubt the same would go the other way. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
I think you also have a good point in watching both.  That's not something many on the right want you to do.  But if the guy on the left is worth anything, he'll tell you to watch both and have some level of confidence that the person will see there is something to what is being said.  If you asked Olbermann, "should I listen to Hannity"  I think he would tell you yes.  I doubt the same would go the other way. 

You are so full of it. Right wingers get the Lefts opinions by watching Hannity AND COLMES.

I guess you like Bill Mahar and 2 other Leftys gang up on 1 Conservative. I guess that is fair to you.

Nice meltdowns by the way about Hannity's opinions.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »

I listen to hannity on the radio every afternoon I can too.  He has more callers from the left than from the right.  Everyone either calls to shout "My name is rob, and 911 inside job!", or "Hi, my name is coach, Hannity, you're a genius and all libs are hellspawn."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
You are so full of it. Right wingers get the Lefts opinions by watching Hannity AND COLMES.

I guess you like Bill Mahar and 2 other Leftys gang up on 1 Conservative. I guess that is fair to you.

Nice meltdowns by the way about Hannity's opinions.

LOLOLOLOL... sorry buddy, but Colmes doesn't cut it.  What a joke.  I didn't meltdown over Hannity's opinions.  Those are the facts about that clown.  Bill Maher is not a lefty or progressive.  He's in his own little world.  He's a libertarian who has voted for republicans and democrates.  Again, you guys are so funny.  Righties/neocons didn't have a problem in the 90's when Maher was coming unglued on Bill Clinton, hell he did shows devoted to dogging Clinton, but OH now that the guy put YOU in the scopes... jeez, he's evil...  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
I listen to hannity on the radio every afternoon I can too.  He has more callers from the left than from the right.  Everyone either calls to shout "My name is rob, and 911 inside job!", or "Hi, my name is coach, Hannity, you're a genius and all libs are hellspawn."
Be careful of some of those callers.  Not the first time a rightwing show stages calls from the left.  Sometimes I'm like oh my god, where on earth did this whinny voice come from and he just played perfect to the stereotype and opened up the perfect shots for the host.  They've been known to pull that BS, I kid you not.  Some of them will stick out like a sore thumb.  especially when they and what they called up to say was just perfect fodder for the host.  and then it might not be the show actually doing it.  I wouldn't doubt it if some rightwing listeners call in to play the part on their own "cleverness"  A lot of people like to play agent provocateur, I have no idea why, maybe they think they're playing a bigger role than their mundane life allows. and no doubt there is probably some of that from left callers on left shows.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
I stopped watching Olbermann, I used to watch him every night. He is just like Hannity, just for the left. Just for once it would be nice if these guys held both Presidential candidates accountable. I watch Lou Dobbs mostly now, he seems fairly impartial.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »
I stopped watching Olbermann, I used to watch him every night. He is just like Hannity, just for the left. Just for once it would be nice if these guys held both Presidential candidates accountable. I watch Lou Dobbs mostly now, he seems fairly impartial.

I agree.  Both are hacks.  Hannity is actually much better on the radio than TV.  I could never take former ESPN sportscaster Olbermann seriously.  But he kicks a video clip's butt in a debate.   ::)

I like Lou Dobbs too.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »
are you serious  :-\ I watch a lot of Lou Dobbs.  I like Lou Dobbs.  Lou loves to say he's impartial/independent but he drops the hammer on Obama pretty regulary.  McCain definitly gets the nod from Lou from what I can tell.