Author Topic: IFBB Random Drug testing - Bob??  (Read 1582 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
IFBB Random Drug testing - Bob??
« on: July 12, 2008, 06:26:14 PM »
What specifically are they testing for?

IFBB Enforces Drug Policy!       
Written by Dave Palumbo     
Friday, 11 July 2008 
The IFBB has always maintained that it has a random drug testing policy in place that all active athletes are subject to.  Until now, it was always thought that this rule was just some phantom policy that was placed "on the Books" to look good for outside parties.  All that changed today when I was contacted by an IFBB athlete in good standing who was sent a registered letter that informed this person that they were selected for a random drug test.  As a result of this selection, they had 72 hours to report to a designated testing facility where they were required to submit a urine sample for analysis.  The letter also explained that a failed drug test would result in suspension from the IFBB for a designated period of time.  Furthermore, all test results, whether positive or negative, are being kept private; apparently to prevent embarrassment and/or loss of future potential income.  Failure to provide urine samples within the designated 72-hour period is being considered a failed test. 

Given the current political environment, it's nice to know that the IFBB is complying with its stated random drug testing policy; however, since the testing protocol and selection process is being kept anonymous, it's impossible to tell exactly how many athletes per year are being randomly chosen.   Suffice it to say that as the political climate continues to heat up (with the Olympics right around the corner), more frequent testing of IFBB athletes could become the rule rather than the exception. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: IFBB Random Drug testing - Bob??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »
I assume they're testing for items listed on the banned substance list....

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »
I assume they're testing for items listed on the banned substance list....

u could be right bob!

but really....whats the point in testing a select few athletes.....we're clearly gonny see whos not them usual selves and who is......

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »
Didn't Kai just announce he's not competing for the rest of the year? Hmmm...

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »
Didn't Kai just announce he's not competing for the rest of the year? Hmmm...

well if hes not doing the olympia then im sure he wont get in shape for any other showthis season ..............

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »
Bob,

Do they make these failed tests public?

Really, if it's designed as a deterrent, it'd be the best idea.  You keep it quiet and you invite a world of abuses, lies, excuses, etc.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:14:24 PM »
Bob,

Do they make these failed tests public?

Really, if it's designed as a deterrent, it'd be the best idea.  You keep it quiet and you invite a world of abuses, lies, excuses, etc.

I don't really see the point of not making it public knowledge....of course, I don't see the point of having a random test, either.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
there is nothing in that article that indicates that they're testing pros.  as was mentioned in another thread, it is more likely that Palumbo is talking about a an amateur in a third world country who happened to piss off his country's chairman.

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 12:27:57 AM »
AND WHO IS MONITORING THE TESTS? BASEBALL COULDN'T GET AWAY WITH IT. DO YOU REALLY THINK B.B WILL.. HOW STRINGENT ARE THE TESTS. WHO'S PAYING WHO TO PASS INDIDIDUALS WHO WOULD NOT NORMALLY MAKE IT.
    THE OLYMPICS GOT SLAMMED. B.B. IS PREDICATED ON FREAK SHOWS. IT IS A NO WIN SITUATION FOR ALL

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
First...who can point me to a copy of the banned list

& secondly...

Are IFBB athlete's subjected for a random test even if they are not planning on competing but hold an IFBB card?

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
I don't really see the point of not making it public knowledge....of course, I don't see the point of having a random test, either.

In case someone falls out of favor, they have something to hold over them and ruin their career?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
bob, are you FOR drug testing ifbb athletes, or AGAINST it ?

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
Haha what a joke!!!

Ah well back on the short estered products.