Author Topic: anybody else sick of brett favre?  (Read 3576 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: anybody else sick of brett favre?
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 03:58:51 PM »
Farve can't keep pulling this bullshit, and a huge chunk of packers fans want him to retire.

They wont need to look for another qb, they drafted Brian Brohm this year.....he was one of the top rated qb's of the draft, and one of the guys taken that will make a good pro. Some thought he was better than Ryan.

true, he's been doing it for years.
as for Brohm, personally i dont think he would make a good nfl qb. he seems like a great leader, but he doesnt seem to have the type of arm to make all the throws, esp in the conditions like GB.
then again i would have taken Leaf over Manning at the drop of a hat, and would have put Bledsoe back in when he was better and sat Brady...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
He's holding the team hostage and it is extremely unfair to Rogers. First he has to replace the guy now he is breathing over his shoulder. I won't criticize him for the change of heart, it is a difficult decision to make but he went about it the wrong way.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 09:10:20 AM »
Jeff never made it in the nfl .but gawd damn did he have a friggin cannon. he could make any throw from any foot position. throw across his body to complete an out route on the other side of  the field. never saw anything like it. too bad he wasnt mature when it counted, although he had a few good years in minn. such a talent but couldnt be the qb.

as for Favre, he has been singing the retirement song longer than a few years. more like 4-5 really. he forgets that they drafted rogers because he didnt tell them if he was going to play or not. now its rogers last year on contract and they may lose him next year if they dont give him a chance to start. if the pack knew brett was going to play this long they would have used the rogers pick on someone else. taking back brett would surely cause rogers to seek another team and the pack will be left with brett for one year then have to look for another qb. rogers can play and the pack know that.

jeff had one of the strongest arms I can remember. He could run a little too, but yep...all that athletism went to his freaking head alot. didn't listen to coaches, dumbthrows, injured alot, benched alot more....but whenever he played a full year,he put up good numbers.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »
jeff had one of the strongest arms I can remember. He could run a little too, but yep...all that athletism went to his freaking head alot. didn't listen to coaches, dumbthrows, injured alot, benched alot more....but whenever he played a full year,he put up good numbers.

fast release too. i saw him on Joes VS. Pros, it wasnt even fair really