Author Topic: Power Cleans.  (Read 13378 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Power Cleans.
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 10:38:56 PM »
height, bf % ?
I'm 6'2" and yes I have BF.......make no mistake, I'm not a primadonna bottom boy that is concerned with showing off in a g-string. ;)

When you coming down again cap? Two weeks we are going to test maxes, then third week we are going to switch programs, try something new.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »
I'm 6'2" and yes I have BF.......make no mistake, I'm not a primadonna bottom boy that is concerned with showing off in a g-string. ;)

When you coming down again cap? Two weeks we are going to test maxes, then third week we are going to switch programs, try something new.
Soon, as I decided to take that trip we talked about.  It's always good to lift with a big mofo like you, just like lifting with the D Ends.   ;)
Squishy face retard

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
 the reason they dont work for bodybuilding is because they incorporate too many muscles ! like you said, you dont even train biceps because cleans hit them.   do you honestly think your biceps are growing better off of indirect work from cleans, than they would if you gave them their own full workout with direct exercises ?    

heck no they arent !

but if you DO do direct exercises for a muscle, you cannot just go and hit it indirectly two days later and expect to work out that same muscle directly again the next time it pops up in your schedule.

what do cleans hit, pretty much everything ! but i could see them , being done properly, hitting almost entirely upper body.      so i guess, if your a bodybuilder training something like

upper
lower
off
upper
lower
offf
ect ect

then cleans would work just fine, fantastically even.... since heavy compound movements are great for hormonal stimulation and metabolic rate.

:)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 10:50:30 PM »
the reason they dont work for bodybuilding is because they incorporate too many muscles ! like you said, you dont even train biceps because cleans hit them.   do you honestly think your biceps are growing better off of indirect work from cleans, than they would if you gave them their own full workout with direct exercises ?    

heck no they arent !

but if you DO do direct exercises for a muscle, you cannot just go and hit it indirectly two days later and expect to work out that same muscle directly again the next time it pops up in your schedule.

what do cleans hit, pretty much everything ! but i could see them , being done properly, hitting almost entirely upper body.      so i guess, if your a bodybuilder training something like

upper
lower
off
upper
lower
offf
ect ect

then cleans would work just fine, fantastically even.... since heavy compound movements are great for hormonal stimulation and metabolic rate.

Some people would tell you their arms grew most once they stopped training them directly. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2008, 10:55:48 PM »
the reason they dont work for bodybuilding is because they incorporate too many muscles ! like you said, you dont even train biceps because cleans hit them.   do you honestly think your biceps are growing better off of indirect work from cleans, than they would if you gave them their own full workout with direct exercises ?     

heck no they arent !

what do cleans hit, pretty much everything ! but i could see them , being done properly, hitting almost entirely upper body.      so i guess, if your a bodybuilder training something like

upper
lower
off
upper
lower
offf
ect ect

I know athletes who do direct arm work as an after thought (one or two do it 2-3x a week; 6 sets) but the strongest lifters I personally know, track throwers, never do them and their arms are huge.  My schedule could include them and maybe they would grow a bit more but they could also keep growing with heavy cleans and weighted chins, which I find have helped more than BB curls ever did.  The last guy I saw at a normal gym with HUGE arms (I studied his workout because he was huge) did almost all of his bicep sets with 3 plates attached to him and doing chins (reverse grip); easily 20 inch arms.  Do what works for you, it really is as simple as that.
Squishy face retard

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »

heck no they arent !

upper
lower
off
upper
lower
offf
ect ect

Would you care to demonstrate a workout split that completely separates muscle overlap within a 48-hour time period?  I'm not buying that it's legitimately possible unless you do either an upper/lower 2x week or full-body 3x week split.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2008, 03:26:25 AM »
Thanks for the support guys!!  :)

Dizzle,I never said I was huge,I said power cleans build muscle.

When you win 65 trophies in powerlifting and bodybuilding,it entails going to the gym once in a while.

You parrot info like an avid reader of Flex magazine bud.............keep it up we love it.  ;D

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 05:02:38 AM »
Love power cleans, my form was terrible a year ago. Just got it down correctly, and the weight is moving up. :D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 07:49:37 AM »
Would you care to demonstrate a workout split that completely separates muscle overlap within a 48-hour time period?  I'm not buying that it's legitimately possible unless you do either an upper/lower 2x week or full-body 3x week split.

bingo. if you do chest and shoulders on different days, you're hitting the same muscles. back and legs? there's a lot of hip/hamstring work there. do arms have their own day? now you're overlapping biceps and triceps. lord help you if chest, shoulders, and arms all have their own days. now your triceps are getting worked three times a week!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 07:58:27 AM »
your not working out correctly if your gettng significant involvement from secondary muscles. sure, front delts and tris play a small role in bench press, regardless of how good your mind+muscle is... but honestly... if you know how to work out properly you will not be using them any more than just small amounts of stabilizing support. no significant invoolvement.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
your not working out correctly if your gettng significant involvement from secondary muscles. sure, front delts and tris play a small role in bench press, regardless of how good your mind+muscle is... but honestly... if you know how to work out properly you will not be using them any more than just small amounts of stabilizing support. no significant invoolvement.

Then by that logic, since the primary movers in a power clean are the delts and traps, if you know how to do them correctly, there should be "no significant involvement" from the biceps, forearms, and lower back.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »
Front delts and tris play a small role?

Oh brother. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »

did you just claim front delts and tris play a small role in the bench? jeezus...

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »
did you just claim front delts and tris play a small role in the bench? jeezus...

It's all about the mind-muscle connection.  With enough effort you can do a 4,000-lb deadlift using just your rhomboids.  Everything else will have no significant involvement.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
if done properly you can make their involvement be insignificant.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »
::)
i guess you have very little mind to muscle connection chaos

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »

And exactly how might that be done?  Thousands of professional trainers, powerlifters, bodybuilders, and strength athletes with world-class chest development are enquiring.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »
i guess you have very little mind to muscle connection chaos
I guess you could have found out if you actually showed up. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2008, 01:01:25 PM »

you will never, ever find a single reliable lifting coach or bodybuilder that will agree with this. if you want to talk pro BB'ers, levrone once said his triceps were standout because he did full range benches.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2008, 01:05:33 PM »
i guess i must just be one of the few individuals blessed with enhanced mind+muscle connection then... because my tri's nor front delts never get  any real kind of stimulation from chest work....sure they help a little bit, of course...but nothing that is significant at all..

i guess yoru guys biceps get all jacked and pumped during your back day as well?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »
i guess i must just be one of the few individuals blessed with enhanced mind+muscle connection then... because my tri's nor front delts never get  any real kind of stimulation from chest work....sure they help a little bit, of course...but nothing that is significant at all..

i guess yoru guys biceps get all jacked and pumped during your back day as well?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2008, 01:14:57 PM »
lol

ummmmm

epic jealousy?

sometimes i doubt if you guys ever even train

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

uh... yeah. as do my glutes and hamstrings from squats and my forearms from doing shrugs. this might explain why everyone arguing with you is both bigger, stronger, and drug-free.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »
uh... yeah. as do my glutes and hamstrings from squats and my forearms from doing shrugs. this might explain why everyone arguing with you is both bigger, stronger, and drug-free.

Dizzle smashes my physique, but in essence I am bigger than him, and not on any drugs ;D ;D

Must be the power cleans :-X :-X