Author Topic: Beta Alanine  (Read 3388 times)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Beta Alanine
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
Why does this make me all prickly feeling? I felt like I was having an allergic reaction to shellfish or something.
$

laurion

• Getbig III
Re: Beta Alanine
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »
In a word, Paresthesia (tingling sensation similar to niacin flush)
Normal..... been taking it for 2 years even better results when taken with creatine....

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:17:21 PM »
In a word, Paresthesia (tingling sensation similar to niacin flush)
Normal..... been taking it for 2 years even better results when taken with creatine....

Spot on.  Its not any adverse reaction at all.  Just happens to some.  Ive never gotten it.

Jason

dustin

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »
I've gotten it and it was crazy. Often times though it's very subtle. I can feel a tingle in my hands, face and feet until I'm driving to the gym and it fades away. Kind of neat.

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:30:27 PM »
i got it when lifting..my ears got all itchy...so itchy I went into the bathroom and dunked my head in the sink..got better after about 10 minutes.  I read the warning,,but had no clue what to expect...
D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »
I've gotten it and it was crazy. Often times though it's very subtle. I can feel a tingle in my hands, face and feet until I'm driving to the gym and it fades away. Kind of neat.

The first product I used with beta alanine was Phosphagen Elite (got it at GNC on clearance for $5). I got the tinglies, every time I used it.

The second product that I used that had it was Nano Vapor. I got the tinglies and fried up, every time I took it (the Fruit Punch version).

However, I did NOT get any tingly feeling when I bought a second jug of Nano Vapor a few months later (Blue Raspberry version).

dustin

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:29:08 AM »
The first product I used with beta alanine was Phosphagen Elite (got it at GNC on clearance for $5). I got the tinglies, every time I used it.

The second product that I used that had it was Nano Vapor. I got the tinglies and fried up, every time I took it (the Fruit Punch version).

However, I did NOT get any tingly feeling when I bought a second jug of Nano Vapor a few months later (Blue Raspberry version).

Yeah the feeling can die down a little... that Nano Vapor (blue raspberry flavor) tastes fucking good eh!!

My brother lives right beside my gym so sometimes I sneak into his place and steal a scoop before my workouts lol

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
I knew what to expect to an extent it's just crazy how intense it got after I really started going.
$

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »
i got it when lifting..my ears got all itchy...so itchy I went into the bathroom and dunked my head in the sink..got better after about 10 minutes.  I read the warning,,but had no clue what to expect...

I got that a similar feeling, when I used ThermoShred. I never checked to see if Beta Alanine was in it.

It felt as if someone kept beating me in the head with a cactus.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 06:28:10 AM »
I got that a similar feeling, when I used ThermoShred. I never checked to see if Beta Alanine was in it.

It felt as if someone kept beating me in the head with a cactus.

lol, it's exactly how I feel before going into shock when I eat shellfish.
$

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 07:07:43 AM »
lol, it's exactly how I feel before going into shock when I eat shellfish.

lol!

The tickling sensation vanishes after a few weeks.

I actually miss it. Funny feeling.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:50:07 AM »
lol!

The tickling sensation vanishes after a few weeks.

I actually miss it. Funny feeling.

2nd time I took it I didn't really notice it as much as the first time.
$

aussie_muscle

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:28 PM »
yea happens most the time, i dont mind it, feels funny, only time i dont like it is wen i drivin to the gym and i get prickling in my back and it rubs on the seat or across the forhead, but found it helps heaps with strength

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 10:07:42 PM »
Another supplement you might want to try is Six Star's N.O. Fury.

I got it for $23 at Vitamin Shoppe. It's almost a poor man's version of Nano Vapor. And, it has beta-alanine; so, it gives me the tinglies, just like Nano Vapor.

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »
If you take 2 grams or more you will get this sensation.  Strangely, if you take it with carbohydrates this flushing felling doesn't occur.  The lead scientist pushing BA (I think it's Dr. Wright) stated this in an interview he did on Beta Alanine in Iron Man last year.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »
If you take 2 grams or more you will get this sensation.  Strangely, if you take it with carbohydrates this flushing felling doesn't occur.  The lead scientist pushing BA (I think it's Dr. Wright) stated this in an interview he did on Beta Alanine in Iron Man last year.

Some products with Beta-Alanine recommend consumption on an empty stomach. N.O. Fury is like that, and I think Nano Vapor is, too.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
THis happeneds due to the process beta alanine does.  It works by binding the specific chemical "beta alanine" to the muscle fibers and receptors so that lactac acid can not bind this is why it is used to work out longer.  When this happeneds you get that niacin type flush I could explain it more scientific but I prefer to keep it symple.  Look for a product called fusion great pre work out drink with beta alanine and not so much caffeine.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 01:58:12 PM »
THis happeneds due to the process beta alanine does.  It works by binding the specific chemical "beta alanine" to the muscle fibers and receptors so that lactac acid can not bind this is why it is used to work out longer.  When this happeneds you get that niacin type flush I could explain it more scientific but I prefer to keep it symple.  Look for a product called fusion great pre work out drink with beta alanine and not so much caffeine.

I'm not crazy about this Niacin-type flush you all talk about! I hated Niacin.

Who makes Fusion?  Lactic Acid is one of my workout problems......

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
I'm not really big into pre-workout drinks, I've tried a ton of them and become a non-responder in about a week.  Currently I do use some Beta Alanine from Primaforce along with 6 scoops of Xtend about 45 minutes before I work out.  Has really made a big difference in my endurance while lifting.