Author Topic: BB's skipping shows, is it because they can't peak twice?  (Read 1532 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
BB's skipping shows, is it because they can't peak twice?
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:36:28 AM »
It's starting to become more of a trend but a lot of bb's just cannot peak twice anymore for the Arnold and the Olympia.  You're seeing them choose shows and sticking to it.  Guys like Martinez and Dexter and even Cutler weren't able to look the same in both shows.  Some people claim that both Jay and Ronnie looked their best when competing at the Arnold.  Now you have Kai skipping the O and Wolf skipping everything.  I'm surprised at Wolf.  He hasn't won a thing yet he still took a year off to get ready for the O. That may help him look wise but he I don't think he has the experience yet to know how to perfectly peak and by entering more shows he can learn about what works and what doesn't work for his body.  Guys like Chad and Milos can have an idea but what may have worked for someone else may not work for him.  I'd like to see Wolf fine tune his bb skills before he becomes a once a year competitor.  If he does win the O, then all the best to him but guys like Jay and Dex know what it takes and Wolf in my opinion is still learning.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: BB's skipping shows, is it because they can't peak twice?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:44:29 AM »
for the new guys i think they should compete more and get their name out their and the experience etc

i mean look at milos i think he did 70+ pro shows, if he only competed once a year he had to compete for 70 years  ;D

but for the more experienced dudes that are getting up there in age etc it probably make more sense to give it there 100% at one time

some may think they need to bring up a bodypart or theyve got injuries or whatever and they need some time off that might be a good thing to skip a year
Z

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »
I think Bluto is right, the oldr guys could probably use the rest between comps to recover, improve weak areas. The younger guys should be out there making a name for themselves and trying to impress companys that may want to sign them for contracts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:09:54 PM »
Think back to the 90's guys, wow milos and others like vince were doing 5+ shows a year minimum, they kept this pace up for years on end.

problem today is they rely on drugs, and they get burnt out, receptors included.

Bluto you know the injury thing is hogwash 90% of the time, Victor Martinez is about the only one who has had a great number of injuries that have forced him to sit contests out.