Author Topic: Dropping creatine to get ripped?  (Read 4755 times)

MassAtAllCosts

• Getbig II
Dropping creatine to get ripped?
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »
Will stopping the use of creatine aid in getting ripped more easily?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Re: Dropping creatine to get ripped?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:16:36 PM »
Will stopping the use of creatine aid in getting ripped more easily?
Well since most forms of creatine (Kre-Alkalyn not as much) retain water, you will see more definition when you eliminate it. However, creatine doesn't store fat, you can lose bodyfat while you're on it. I'm dieting now, but using creatine to keep my muscles full looking and get a good pump while I'm on lower carbs. It's a little tougher mentally because you don't see yourself getting as lean-looking as when you're not on it..the good part is you retain more muscle. After a few more weeks I'll cut it so the water will drain and I'll look ripped.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:06:14 AM »
Well since most forms of creatine (Kre-Alkalyn not as much) retain water, you will see more definition when you eliminate it. However, creatine doesn't store fat, you can lose bodyfat while you're on it. I'm dieting now, but using creatine to keep my muscles full looking and get a good pump while I'm on lower carbs. It's a little tougher mentally because you don't see yourself getting as lean-looking as when you're not on it..the good part is you retain more muscle. After a few more weeks I'll cut it so the water will drain and I'll look ripped.

Spot on.

Creatine will give you more intense Workouts, so you will burn even more fat, especially when on a calorie-reduced diet.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »

How about NO, all year round or just Fall and Winter and drop to cut???

Sorry to hijack thread...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 08:02:21 AM »
How about NO, all year round or just Fall and Winter and drop to cut???

Sorry to hijack thread...

I take it all year round.

If anything, i see NO as a means to produce more bloodflow to the muscle (not as a gh-booster, thats BS if you take less than 30g/day) so i think Milos' thought of "more blood, more nutrients" means it has a place all year round.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:52:36 AM »
layne norton says creatine causes water retention INSIDE of muscles so it's ok..   ???
LOCAL GYM HERO

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 07:48:08 AM »
layne norton says creatine causes water retention INSIDE of muscles so it's ok..   ???

I seem to look noticeably less defined while I'm on it, so at least in me, it also retains water under my skin.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »
YOU DON'T have to drop creatine to help you cut up..just realize you'll be holding a little extra water but as long as you keep the carb/cal count from the creatine product into your diet configuration you'll be fine!