Author Topic: Obama flip flops......................  (Read 2016 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Obama flip flops......................
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/24/AR2008022402094.html

Monday, February 25, 2008; Page A04
Top Obama Flip-Flops

1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.

2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."

5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.

2, 2 bit whores for president!

Kill or be killed.

Windmills harm birds.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Obama flip flops......................
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:31:25 PM »
::)

More like 50

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:33:24 PM »
::)

More like 50

Well lay them out.  Google didn't get me much.
 ::) :)

plenty on that pandering whore McCain however.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:02:34 AM »
U missed all his flipflops on Iraq

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama waded into controversy on Thursday over his plans to withdraw U.S. combat troops from Iraq, first saying he might "refine" his views but later declaring his stance had remained unchanged for more than a year.

Obama was forced to call reporters back for a second news conference in Fargo, North Dakota, after he initially left open the possibility of revising his 16-month timetable for pulling U.S. combat forces from Iraq.

"Let me be as clear as I can be. I intend to end this war. My first day in office I will bring the joint chiefs of staff in and I will give them a new mission and that is to end this war," Obama told reporters in his second news conference.

But he added: "I would be a poor commander in chief if I didn’t take facts on the ground into account."

At an earlier news conference, the Illinois senator had said he could "refine" his stance after he visits Iraq…

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:03:35 AM »
Obama v.Jan.2007:

“We can send 15,000 more troops, 20,000 more troops, 30,000 more troops: I don’t know any expert on the region or any military officer that I’ve spoken to privately that believes that that is going to make a substantial difference on the situation on the ground.”

Obama v.Jul.2007:

“Here’s what we know. The surge has not worked. And they said today, ‘Well, even in September, we’re going to need more time.’ So we’re going to kick this can all the way down to the next president, under the president’s plan.”

Obama v.Jan.2008:

“I think the bar of success has become so low that we’ve lost perspective on what should be our long-term national interests.
It was a mistake to go in from the start, and that’s why I opposed this war from the start. It has cost us upwards of $1 trillion. It may get close to $2 trillion. We have lost young men and women on the battlefield, and we have not made ourself safer as a consequence.

Now, I had no doubt, and I said at the time when I opposed the surge, that given how wonderfully our troops perform, if we place 30,000 more troops in there, then we would see an improvement in the security situation and we would see a reduction in the violence.

But understand, we started in 2006 with intolerable levels of violence and a dysfunctional government. We saw a spike in the violence. The surge reduced that violence, and we now are, two years later, back where we started two years ago. We have gone full circle at enormous cost to the American people.”

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:05:01 AM »
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

HANOVER, N.H. — Presidential hopeful Barack Obama was warned by a friendly voter Monday to avoid public spats with his Democratic rivals — but remarks he made later could add fuel to the criticism against him…

Asked whether he would move U.S. troops out of Iraq to better fight terrorism elsewhere, he brought up Afghanistan and said, “We’ve got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we’re not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there.”

Because thats exactly what we're doing over there. And u wonder why I friggen hate this idiot.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:12 AM »
Both Obama and Mccain's positions on Iraq are irrelevant.

Al-maliki will be showing us the door promptly.

This takes iraq out of the debate for the fall election.  This moves the economy to the forefront.

Which candidate is better on the economy?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 07:21:45 AM »
240...The Iraqi PM's president was for domestic consumption only..and guess what, no surprise to us at all. We want to be mostly out by 2011 with sever restrictions on what we can do, by next year. Not a damm thing that guy said is surprising any of us. His population know that things have gotten better and they will start to ask why the American's are here, he's being proactive. They also know about the upcoming SOFA and he needs to be looked at as a strong leader.

Is Obama better on the economy, higher taxes, no energy policy at all...beyond no drilling. The Dems are on the wrong side of what Americans want on drilling. McCain wants a do it all policy, Obama wants to restrict oil consumption through higher prices so that a future magical alt fuel can be delivered. NO plan, just Hope.....
L

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »
Well lay them out.  Google didn't get me much.
 ::) :)

plenty on that pandering whore McCain however.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
240...The Iraqi PM's president was for domestic consumption only..and guess what, no surprise to us at all. We want to be mostly out by 2011 with sever restrictions on what we can do, by next year. Not a damm thing that guy said is surprising any of us. His population know that things have gotten better and they will start to ask why the American's are here, he's being proactive. They also know about the upcoming SOFA and he needs to be looked at as a strong leader.

I'll believe you when the SOFA is signed.   Seems like it's taking a long time.  They wouldn't push it to the midnight deadline if they were all on the same page, would they?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 04:35:21 AM »

That's hardly a flip flop Colossus.

On the one hand, he made a declaration for something to take place within the next year.
To say he didn't want to make predictions 3 or 4 years out is hardly a flip flop. Alot can happen in 3 or 4 yrs

One can say with more certainty what the situation will be tomorrow than they can 3 or 4 years from now.

no flip flop there. go back and listen to it. it's a clever juxtaposition, but don't let it fool ya.  :D
w

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »
That's hardly a flip flop Colossus.

On the one hand, he made a declaration for something to take place within the next year.
To say he didn't want to make predictions 3 or 4 years out is hardly a flip flop. Alot can happen in 3 or 4 yrs

One can say with more certainty what the situation will be tomorrow than they can 3 or 4 years from now.

no flip flop there. go back and listen to it. it's a clever juxtaposition, but don't let it fool ya.  :D

Wow...He should hire you as some sort of "campaign aid". You actually attempt to rationalize his bullshit.....duh
Cam ad mi