Author Topic: white house agrees to a "time horizon" with iraq  (Read 590 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
white house agrees to a "time horizon" with iraq
« on: July 18, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »
LMAO.... can't have a "time table" because that is what worthless libs do.

But a time horizon is a great idea.

Gen patraeus used it in an interview with NBC, and Bush press secretary issued the statement today.

Can anyone tell us the difference?  lol...

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: white house agrees to a "time horizon" with iraq
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »
Iraq says that the time horizon is based on what is happening on the ground.
It is not a specific date but a measured event.
This is what GWB and McCain have been after.
This about Maliki saving face in Iraq. The general population wants an exact timetable, but the conditions don't alloe for that yet.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hcWJu9bbzrJZ7uNHjvMn0BuTGqHQD920BJ900
WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States and Iraq have agreed to seek "a general time horizon" for further withdrawals of American troops from the war.

The White House says President Bush and Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said the timing of troop reductions should be part of a broader security agreement being negotiated between Washington and Baghdad. It described troop withdrawals as one of several "aspirational goals."

The White House says the goals would be based on continued improvements on the ground in Iraq and would not be an arbitrary date for withdrawal.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: white house agrees to a "time horizon" with iraq
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »
I must admit, I really like what Bush has been doing lately.  talks with Iran, agreeing to lessen troops.

I know that many of the hardline neoconservatives here will quietly mumble their disapproval, but it's really good to see him making good choices.  his legacy might have a chance to be a positive one after all!