Author Topic: The most popular gyms in america  (Read 8957 times)

bahrain

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
The most popular gyms in america
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:14:19 AM »
I am doing a report on American gyms , so i would like to know the name of the most popular gyms in America other than Golds Gym.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: The most popular gyms in america
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:16:58 AM »
LA fitness and Planet Fitness, now GFYS.
E

Platz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »
Koloseum Gym, Fullerton, California

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:17:25 AM »
pumpsters bowflex basement, bushwick, new york.
Z

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:35:03 AM »
I

bahrain

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »
thanks for your cooperation

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
The best but helluva expensive

that gym has the best quality pussy running around on a daily basis..if you have a decent build you should be able to score some hot chick in there.

they have a club called century city, the price is about 30K/yr..that is where all the super stars and friends of OnlyMe work out

http://www.equinoxfitness.com/clubs/ClubTour.aspx?clubID=101
I

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »
that gym has the best quality pussy running around on a daily basis..if you have a decent build you should be able to score some hot chick in there.

they have a club called century city, the price is about 30K/yr..that is where all the super stars and friends of OnlyMe work out

http://www.equinoxfitness.com/clubs/ClubTour.aspx?clubID=101

I don't have any friends and they certainly wouldn't workout

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 10:17:29 AM »
lifetime fitness.

my former stomping ground before i started eating chips and salsa full time.
Deep Tissue Massage

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 10:20:17 AM »
Planet Fitness, taking over :(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »
Planet Fitness, taking over :(

Planet Fitness is not even close to taking over.  They keep up the direction they are going and they will fuck everything up.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »
Planet Fitness is not even close to taking over.  They keep up the direction they are going and they will fuck everything up.

i take it your gym will take everything over, stud muffin?
Deep Tissue Massage

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »
I worked at Equinox for 2 years, great place.  Loved it.  To get into the executive locker room, you put your eye up to the machine on the wall next to the door, and you get your retina scanned.  Not kidding.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
i take it your gym will take everything over, stud muffin?

Yes you are a moron.  And please don't exhibit how stupid you are, it is sad.

here is a memo from them.

The Fitness Planet in this Part of the Planet   

It’s your first-time to enroll in a gym. Bothered by the grunts and noise other exercise buffs make in your other gym? Want to avail of a wide variety of exercise equipment at a reasonable price?

There’s Gold Gym, Peak Fitness, and a string of other fitness centers and health clubs that are opening up their doors for everyone. And then, there’s Planet Fitness. Planet fitness is a chain of fitness centers in the United States. Known for its ‘Judgment Free Zone’, it caters to the common person or the fitness neophytes who may feel conscious about their fitness needs and requirements.

The fitness club offers choices on exercise equipment and personal trainers who can assist members in their work-outs. There are a wide variety of machines aimed to build cardiovascular ability. Planet fitness centers offer a generally low price to its members. Those interested can avail of a $15 membership fee every month. Other perks of this fitness club is a Black Card membership that allows the member to use the facilities for free. There’s also a guest allowance per day, a 50% discount on cool drinks and unlimited tanning for those enrolled in their home clubs.

There’s a Planet Fitness Co-ed Zone and more private club for the women, the Women Zone. These innovations in programs offer a work-out package which includes a complete fitness assessment upon enrollment. In the assessment, the individual’s fitness needs and requirements are analyzed, and he/she is given an exercise prescription based on the results of the analysis. There are also ‘acceleration’ programs to speed up the individual’s work-out plan, based on the results of their initial work-out programs. And as maintenance is important, the club also offers private personal training sessions where members can avail of the services of personal physical fitness trainers.

On the other hand, the club underscores a number of exercise rules and etiquettes that need to be observed among members and users. The club prohibits compound barbell exercises like deadlifts and bent over rows exercises. Dumbbell use is restricted to a maximum of 80 pounds. The use of magnesium carbonate in heavy lifts is also prohibited. Exercise etiquette is strictly observed, which means no grunting, swearing or loud psyching up rituals. Excessive noise from bar drops is also prohibited. Members are warned of such violations by an alarm that rings every time a member breaks any of the rules.

And while some may see these rules as restrictive and ironic for a ‘Judgment Free Zone’, many are still willing to go for the club’s reasonably-priced program, wide choice of exercise equipment and the other amenities the club offers.

The choice of enrolling yourself in a health and fitness club or gym like Planet Fitness is really yours to make. Serious fitness buffs would like to avail of the amenities, the equipment, and the professional guidance that gyms like Planet Fitness offer. Of course, Planet Fitness tailors its services to the more sensitive, first-timers. But just like any other fitness and health club, Planet Fitness aims to serve you first, your body and your health!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
Yes you are a moron.  And please don't exhibit how stupid you are, it is sad.

why am i moron and stupid?  i think your fat aggression is getting out of control.  i just asked you a question.
Deep Tissue Massage

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 10:59:49 AM »
I worked at Equinox for 2 years, great place.  Loved it.  To get into the executive locker room, you put your eye up to the machine on the wall next to the door, and you get your retina scanned.  Not kidding.

tell us some stories from those 2 years youw orked there !  :)
Z

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »
I'd love to, but I don't have so many.  It was professional but real fun at the same time.  Pretty much everyone on staff liked one another and the members were great for the most part. Every gym is going to have stand out members though, we had our share too.  Usually guys.  I do remember one story my boss told me about a disgruntled group of guys acting like idiots at her prior EQ elsewhere.  They got upset that she moved some equipment around so they actually dismantled all of it and layed it in a big pile in the corner to show her off  They lost their memberships.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »
http://www.equinoxfitness.com

Looks like they got everything except people who work out.  Bet there is a bunch of clowns walking around there that think they are holier than thou too.  No thanks.  executive locker room??  WTF wants to spend all kinds of time in a gym locker room??............oh thats right  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 12:43:30 PM »
Looks like they got everything except people who work out.  Bet there is a bunch of clowns walking around there that think they are holier than thou too.  No thanks.  executive locker room??  WTF wants to spend all kinds of time in a gym locker room??............oh thats right  :-\

I was going to say the same thing. Going to the gym there is akin to going out to a club...FFS, and I sincerely doubt you will have teh hotness running around there. Just a bunch of desperate housewives.

It's kinda like Lifetime Fitness (a 24 hr deal), located in upper-class  sections of Maryland.   But it seems they focus on everything, but working out

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »

The most popular gyms in America are the ones that don't allow chalk, heavy deadlifts, or grunting  >:( :'(

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »
A few months ago Mens health came out with a list of the top 50 gyms in the US. Check it out. Kolosium was nowhere to be found. But a great warehouse gym thats only 2500sqft in Jersey made the list. Its any awesome gym.

www.defrancostraining.co m

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »
A few months ago Mens health came out with a list of the top 50 gyms in the US. Check it out. Kolosium was nowhere to be found.

not very surprising

can you imagine the smell from all the puking there

Z

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »
I am doing a report on American gyms , so i would like to know the name of the most popular gyms in America other than Golds Gym.

what do you mean by popular?   Most of the ones listed above are big corporations with hundreds of locations throughout the country.  Gold's, Balley's, 24 Hour Fitness, Planet Fitness, Equinox.   That's not quite the same as an individual gym being popular.

The Coach

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
Those gym are foo foo gyms.