Author Topic: You remember what your first workouts looked like?  (Read 1871 times)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
You remember what your first workouts looked like?
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:38:04 PM »
  Mine were cheat curls(we're talking really cheating) and shoulder presses with Orbitron weights in my bedroom.  This slowly evolved into something more sophisticated in my basement as my collection of equipment grew over the years. 

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: You remember what your first workouts looked like?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 11:08:51 PM »
My old man had weights in the garage.
My work outs were bench press and curls  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »
yea i just bench pressed with my back arched like you wouldnt believe pouding out 25's on each side for sets of six lol.

I was in 8th grade.

It took me about 4 or 5 years to start training my legs and all i did in the beginning was chest, arms, and a bit of shoulders and back. Boy was i misguided

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:43:01 AM »
Dumbbell curls 3 times per week.  If I was feeling abit wild I'd also throw in some lateral raises  :-\

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »
Boy that brings back memories. My brother had a set of those plastic covered concrete weights sold at department stores. I remember doing a barbell curl with I think 40 pounds on it. I had to cheat to get one rep. But I was so proud of myself. I think I was about 12 years old then.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
Boy that brings back memories. My brother had a set of those plastic covered concrete weights sold at department stores. I remember doing a barbell curl with I think 40 pounds on it. I had to cheat to get one rep. But I was so proud of myself. I think I was about 12 years old then.

Haha - I started at 40lb barbell curls too! I also loved the pec deck and all my chest workouts had that exercise as the core of it! It was pretty much all chest and biceps back in those days with a bit of leg extensions thrown in for good measure.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
of course lots of curls and bench press. but i also did tons of db rows, tons of over head dumbell extensions, and i loved the leg press too.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:21:55 AM »
Benchpress, curls - 08/15 all the way.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 03:51:23 AM »
I had 1 DB (not a pair, just 1) so i did curls, some kind of tricep exercise and 1 arm DB rows (i thought they were an arm exercise)  ;D
No doubt about it...