Author Topic: 9 adulterers to be stoned to death in Iran  (Read 5214 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
9 adulterers to be stoned to death in Iran
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:58:19 AM »
Updated at 6:43 a.m., Sunday, July 20, 2008
9 adulterers to be stoned to death in Iran
Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran has sentenced eight women and one man convicted of adultery to death by stoning, activists said today.

A lawyer and women's rights activist, Shadi Sadr, said the nine, who are between 27 and 50 years old, were convicted of adultery in separate cases in different Iranian cities. Trial protocol was not applied properly in the cases, she said.

Six of the nine were convicted based solely on judges' decisions with no witnesses or the presence of their lawyers during their confessions, said Sadr, who has been leading a campaign in Iran against stoning deaths.

"Their verdicts are approved, and they may be executed at any time," she told reporters. "We are trying to stop the implementation of their verdicts. And we want to amend the country's penal law, in which death by stoning is prescribed."

Under Iran's Islamic laws, adultery is the only capital offense punishable by stoning. A man is usually buried up to his waist, while a woman is buried up to her neck. Those carrying out the verdict then throw stones until the condemned dies.

Stoning was widely imposed in the early years after Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution, but it has seldom been applied in recent years, though the government rarely confirms when it carries out stoning sentences.

Reformist legislators have demanded an end to death by stoning as a punishment for adultery, but opposition from hard-line clerics has sidelined their efforts.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080720/BREAKING01/80720018

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: 9 adulterers to be stoned to death in Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure Dubai with the same laws put in place is destined to be the world's tourist destination of choice  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:46:36 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure Dubai with the same laws put in place is destined to be the world's tourist destination of choice  ::)

Dubai has certain laws for citizens, and other laws for foreign residents & tourists, and some applicable to all.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »

According to some Getbiggers, this never happens in Iran and the media is only trying to paint a bad picture. I'm sure it's all a conspiracy. Just like their executions of 10 year olds and what not.   ::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »

will this be on youtube?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
will this be on youtube?

can't see it on youtube, but it's on other upload sites, it's been posted on the general topics board a few times, some just recently.

apparently whenever it gets uploaded on youtube muslims report it, and ask that is be taken off,  ::) go figure

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
Dubai has certain laws for citizens, and other laws for foreign residents & tourists, and some applicable to all.

Sure, they say that. If that is true can you explain to me why the Dubai courts want the British government to extradite a 16 year old boy back to Dubai, because a group of 21 years olds that raped him reported him as a homosexual to the police  ::) So he must face punishment.
He went to visit his dad who lives in Dubai

You want to take your chances go ahead. The laws for citizens apply to everyone. That is like saying an illegal alien can come to the US and murder and get off free....oh wait that's true

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 03:01:27 PM »
Sure, they say that. If that is true can you explain to me why the Dubai courts want the British government to extradite a 16 year old boy back to Dubai, because a group of 21 years olds that raped him reported him as a homosexual to the police  ::) So he must face punishment.
He went to visit his dad who lives in Dubai

You want to take your chances go ahead. The laws for citizens apply to everyone. That is like saying an illegal alien can come to the US and murder and get off free....oh wait that's true

What is it about the word "some" that you do not understand? no reading comprehension problem? Sha right!  ::)

I think that was pretty explanatory enough, ...but for your sake I'm make it even simpler.

When I typed that I was thinking about liquor laws and the purchase & consumption of alcohol,
...things alot of tourists like to do. You did mention Dubai's potential as a tourist destination did you not?

Well Dubai citizens are not allowed to purchase or consume alcohol, but foreign tourists & residents are.
That would be an example of certain laws applicable to citizens, and other laws for foreign residents & tourists.

Then there are the laws pertaining to two unmarried / unrelated people of the opposite sex being alone together.
That applies to everyone... citizen, tourist, foreign worker etc. It's frequently ignored when it occurs by foreigners, unless someone makes a specific issue of complaining about it to authorities, then action will be taken, and ignorance of this law does the defendants no good.

I hope that clarified my statement enough for you to comprehend what has actually been said.

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know?
For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.”
--Caesar
w

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »

El_Pajero,

I'm not sure why you posted that clip, ...but thanks.
It brought back fond memories of me & my girlfriends practicing for cheerleader tryouts in the backyard.  :D
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »
What is it about this kid being a tourist you did not get? And that no matter what laws a barbaric cult like religion has when it comes down to it, the United States Embassy can't help you out.
Posting some tourist laws, makes a difference? Your not dealing with a current body of law, your dealing with a prehistoric group of people that stone people to death.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »
What is it about this kid being a tourist you did not get? And that no matter what laws a barbaric cult like religion has when it comes down to it, the United States Embassy can't help you out.
Posting some tourist laws, makes a difference? Your not dealing with a current body of law, your dealing with a prehistoric group of people that stone people to death.

I think the kid was from France, ...but of course that has everything to do with the US Embassy's inability to help a kid from France, accused of a crime in Dubai, which of course has everything to do with the sentencing of 9 adulteres from Iran. oh I see your logic now.
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »
I think the kid was from France, ...but of course that has everything to do with the US Embassy's inability to help a kid from France, accused of a crime in Dubai, which of course has everything to do with the sentencing of 9 adulteres from Iran. oh I see your logic now.

Maybe you can see the similarities as they were both sex related crimes, and have arcane punishment attached - they wanted to flog the boy, but the British consulate would not allow it. Your right Einstein, it was France.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »
Maybe you can see the similarities as they were both sex related crimes, and have arcane punishment attached - they wanted to flog the boy, but the British consulate would not allow it. Your right Einstein, it was France.

LOL. Did you know that Jag has a 160 IQ, which was what Einstein had?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 03:49:40 AM »
Jaq, the stoning's are due to islamic law.

Do you think islam is a religion of peace?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »
will this be on youtube?

no but surly on ogrishforum.com

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 05:45:59 AM »

LOL... I'm not sure why you posted that either.  Looks like they're having fun.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »
Jaq, the stoning's are due to islamic law.

Do you think islam is a religion of peace?

Actually "our" book calls for the stonings of adulterers too... as well as for betrothed non-virgins, rape victims who don't scream out, blah blah. We just don't adhere to the silliness proscribed within its sacred pages.

But, for all the getbiggers who want military aggression against Iran, isn't this good news?  Means 9 people won't propagate and give birth to future terrorists.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »
Actually "our" book calls for the stonings of adulterers too... as well as for betrothed non-virgins, rape victims who don't scream out, blah blah. We just don't adhere to the silliness proscribed within its sacred pages.

But, for all the getbiggers who want military aggression against Iran, isn't this good news?  Means 9 people won't propagate and give birth to future terrorists.

So what you're saying is that the rest of the world has moved past the teachings of a 2,000 year old book and actually realized how stupid it is? Good thing we can count on Islam to bring us back to the stone ages with their fervent idolization of an archaic text.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 08:32:16 AM »
They shouldn't have committed adultery.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 08:32:59 AM »
Iran also hangs 10-13 year old kids for being "suspected" homosexuals.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »
So what you're saying is that the rest of the world has moved past the teachings of a 2,000 year old book and actually realized how stupid it is? Good thing we can count on Islam to bring us back to the stone ages with their fervent idolization of an archaic text.

Yes, aside from the crazy wacks, we have civilized ourselves. They are stuck in the 13th century.  Not much we can do about how they treat their people...  but we can keep it out of our western countries. Limit appeasement, get rid of the burqa, etc.

Going on and on about the Koran sucking doesn't change a thing.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »
Yes, aside from the crazy wacks, we have civilized ourselves. They are stuck in the 13th century.  Not much we can do about how they treat their people...  but we can keep it out of our western countries. Limit appeasement, get rid of the burqa, etc.

Going on and on about the Koran sucking doesn't change a thing.

I think it does. The Muslims aren't doing themselves any favors by constantly dominating the headlines with all this bullshit. Most of the kids my age are being raised on all this stuff. They're not going to look too favorably on Islam when they're older.

Europe seems to have had just about enough of their bullshit. Which is hte best thing that could happen.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »
I think it does. The Muslims aren't doing themselves any favors by constantly dominating the headlines with all this bullshit. Most of the kids my age are being raised on all this stuff. They're not going to look too favorably on Islam when they're older.

Europe seems to have had just about enough of their bullshit. Which is hte best thing that could happen.

I'm not really talking about exposing the cultural atrocities. I agree that's great and people should be outraged, and do something about it. It's the endless dissecting of the Koran on here and comparing it to our "gentle" OT.  We all get it.  The Koran sucks "worse."  If my town became burqa-ville, I wouldn't be sitting around Getbig comparing Koran/OT notes. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
I'm not really talking about exposing the cultural atrocities. I agree that's great and people should be outraged, and do something about it. It's the endless dissecting of the Koran on here and comparing it to our "gentle" OT.  We all get it.  The Koran sucks "worse."  If my town became burqa-ville, I wouldn't be sitting around Getbig comparing Koran/OT notes. 

I think most of the people dissecting the Koran aren't practicers of any religion. I, for one, haven't been to Church in years.

The only reason the Koran gets attacked here is because the overwhelming majority of Christians have evolved with time and put the violence and brutality behind them. Meanwhile, Islam seems to get worse as time goes on.